PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football chat

PC Guy
07-28-2010, 08:16 PM
There has to be at least one other person on this forum that likes to play fantasy football.:D Anyways, I've been playing fantasy football for 9 seasons (this year will be my 10th season). Although I've developed my own personal strategy and plan from 9 years of experience, I am still very much interested into other people's strategy and plan in fantasy football. For those of you that will be playing fantasy football this year, have fun. :cool:

patriot45
07-28-2010, 08:17 PM
There has to be at least one other person on this forum that likes to play fantasy football.:D Anyways, I've been playing fantasy football for 9 seasons (this year will be my 10th season). Although I've developed my own personal strategy and plan from 9 years of experience, I am still very much interested into other people's strategy and plan in fantasy football. For those of you that will be playing fantasy football this year, have fun. :cool:

OUr league should be forming soon! Looking forward to trashing you! Ralph should start it soon!

warpig
07-28-2010, 08:48 PM
This will make my 10 season also. Last year I finished 1st for the first time ever. One thing I learned that really helped me is to participate in as many mock drafts as you can stand. See who others are drafting and take notes. That way you get the benefit of others reasearch not just your own.

PC Guy
07-28-2010, 09:13 PM
This will make my 10 season also. Last year I finished 1st for the first time ever.
*Personal high five to you in regards to your 10th season and 1st place finish.*:cool:

One thing I learned that really helped me is to participate in as many mock drafts as you can stand. See who others are drafting and take notes. That way you get the benefit of others reasearch not just your own.
I have been playing a number of mock drafts in CBS Sports' fantasy football. Of course one's own analysis and strategy will have to be tweaked based on the person's spot number, which owner actually shows up on draft day, and which owner does something unconventional. But generally speaking, the way I've done my draft is:
1) Take the best available player at RB, QB, WR, and TE (in that order),
2) Add depth at RB and WR
3) Take Team Defense
4) Take Kicker
5) Take reserves (or the more appropriate term would be bye-week replacements :D)

patriot45
07-28-2010, 09:18 PM
*Personal high five to you in regards to your 10th season and 1st place finish.*:cool:

I have been playing a number of mock drafts in CBS Sports' fantasy football. Of course one's own analysis and strategy will have to be tweaked based on the person's spot number, which owner actually shows up on draft day, and which owner does something unconventional. But generally speaking, the way I've done my draft is:
3) Take Team Defense
4) Take Kicker
5) Take reserves (or the more appropriate term would be bye-week replacements :D)

So are you going to join our league? And hopefully school us! :D

Constitutionally Speaking
07-28-2010, 09:25 PM
All I know is I want my crown back.:mad:

PC Guy
07-28-2010, 09:35 PM
So are you going to join our league? And hopefully school us! :D

Nah. I've already signed up with CBS Sports' fantasy football. But I'm still interested in how everyone else's draft goes.:D

patriot45
07-28-2010, 09:37 PM
Nah. I've already signed up with CBS Sports' fantasy football. But I'm still interested in how everyone else's draft goes.:D

Chicken! Its a free league just for braggin rights!

warpig
07-28-2010, 10:52 PM

3) Take Team Defense
4) Take Kicker

The league I've played in we always give higher points for running backs so that is what I usually pick first.
Usually
1. RB
2. WR
3. QB
4. RB
5. TE
6.WR
7. DEF
8. Kicker

Of course this depends on how every one else is picking.

Helps too if you pick the WR on the same team as your QB...... points double up.

PC Guy
07-29-2010, 01:06 AM
The league I've played in we always give higher points for running backs so that is what I usually pick first.
Usually
1. RB
2. WR
3. QB
4. RB
5. TE
6.WR
7. DEF
8. Kicker

Of course this depends on how every one else is picking.

Helps too if you pick the WR on the same team as your QB...... points double up.

Interesting. CBS Sports' Fantasy Football is a little bit more generous towards QB and quite generous to DEF. In regards to QB, passing TD count for the full 6 points instead of 4. As for DEF, it's combined with the Special Team and so it's labeled as DST (defense + special team), which means a TD scored by the special team will be counted as if the defense scored it themselves. In addition, there is a point system for total yards allowed and there are no negative points for DST.

ralph wiggum
07-29-2010, 10:15 AM
I've already been getting invites from past leagues, I think I even got one in June! :eek:

I'm more of a baseball fan, so I don't quite get into FFB until it gets really close to the season.

And for the record, I'll get the league started here sometime soon.

Rebel Yell
07-29-2010, 10:38 AM
I've played once. Year before last, I got in a league with some old Navy buddies and won the whole thing. I wasn't there for the actual draft, so I listed my players to be picked by the computer.

1st: Michael Turner, I knew Matt Ryan was entering his rookie year and Turner would get LOTS of carries.

2nd: Drew Brees, wide open offense with many weapons around him.

3rd: Roddy White, he was the only big play reciever. Therefore, he was the rookie's safety blanket.

I also took 2 good defenses so I could switch them out depending on who they were playing that week.

I took LaRon McClain from the Ravens and a back from the Giants (can't remember the name Ward something or something Ward) since they were both short yardage backs to stick it in the endzone.

I had Antonio Gates at tight end, which was a given.

This worked to perfection. I have a buddy who adopted the 2 defense strategy and said it easily gave him two more wins.

Of course, that was my only time playing so I don't know if my drafting strategy would consistently work.

Molon Labe
07-29-2010, 11:02 AM
It's not always best to have the strongest fantasy players on a Dvision champion team.

Most leagues end before the NFL regular season.
My experience has shown that if your league has it's playoffs and championship game during the 14-16 week, you may get burned because the teams rest the starters.

One team I had last year was 11-2 last year and had thumped most of my competition. I lost in the first round because Indy decided to rest Peyton Manning.

This destroyed me in two leagues when I was above everyone else.

In another league I was 7-5 going into the playoffs and Aaron Rodgers, Chris Johnson (not on a playoff team), and a solid defense carried me in the Championship over a guy who had only 2 losses.

Believe me, the best isn't always what you need in the home stretch.

NJCardFan
07-29-2010, 12:33 PM
I've been doing this for over 20 years(first season was in 1987) and I've learned a few things along the way. For starters, always take the best available players in the first round. RB, if possible, should be your first choice but if the point making backs are gone(Johnson-Tenn, Gore-SF, Peterson-Min), go for one of the high ranking QB's. Peyton Manning is a popular choice but in the past I've taken high ranking sleepers. Aaron Rogers last season(and again this season in a Yahoo league), Drew Brees, Kurt Warner(I got him in 2008 as a free agent) and Matt Schaub who did wonders for me last season as well. The romantic picks like Manning and Brady are good too but it's best to take a QB who has a decent but not great running game behind him. This is why Warner worked out so well for me. Avoid the rookies. Ryan in '08 was an exception but usually rookies like Stafford last season are OK but only as a backup or if someone gets hurt. Then try to get that QB's WR. For example, if you get Ryan, try to get Roddy White or Jenkins but not both. Good TE's are hard to find so you have to be quick with the Gonzales' or Celek's or Clarks. Kickers and defense I take last. And believe me, 1 kicker is as good as the next. Really. Not important at all.

PC Guy
07-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I've been doing this for over 20 years(first season was in 1987) and I've learned a few things along the way. For starters, always take the best available players in the first round. RB, if possible, should be your first choice but if the point making backs are gone(Johnson-Tenn, Gore-SF, Peterson-Min), go for one of the high ranking QB's. Peyton Manning is a popular choice but in the past I've taken high ranking sleepers. Aaron Rogers last season(and again this season in a Yahoo league), Drew Brees, Kurt Warner(I got him in 2008 as a free agent) and Matt Schaub who did wonders for me last season as well. The romantic picks like Manning and Brady are good too but it's best to take a QB who has a decent but not great running game behind him. This is why Warner worked out so well for me. Avoid the rookies. Ryan in '08 was an exception but usually rookies like Stafford last season are OK but only as a backup or if someone gets hurt. Then try to get that QB's WR. For example, if you get Ryan, try to get Roddy White or Jenkins but not both. Good TE's are hard to find so you have to be quick with the Gonzales' or Celek's or Clarks. Kickers and defense I take last. And believe me, 1 kicker is as good as the next. Really. Not important at all.

Somewhat similar to mine.:D

JB
07-30-2010, 05:44 PM
And for the record, I'll get the league started here sometime soon.Fantasy and Pick 'Em.

Whipping jennys ass in pick 'em makes the winter pass much more quickly.

tucker13
07-31-2010, 08:22 PM
All I know is I want my crown back.:mad:

I'll give you a chance.:)

07-31-2010, 08:32 PM
I'll give you a chance.:)

Better bring your best game!!! :D

tucker13
07-31-2010, 08:37 PM
Better bring your best game!!! :D

I'm drafting Stafford, Best and Johnson.

JB
07-31-2010, 08:38 PM
Better bring your best game!!! :DStop taking every available Lion you homer and you might have a chance.

I still can't believe how far you rode Michigan St. in tourney pick 'em this year. Classic.

07-31-2010, 09:56 PM
Stop taking every available Lion you homer and you might have a chance.

I still can't believe how far you rode Michigan St. in tourney pick 'em this year. Classic.

Hey!!!! I WON 3 years in a row doing that! And lest you forget the LIONS are going to the SUPER BOWL this year!!!

As for Michigan State:
That was basically the same group that lost in the finals the year before - they are GOOD. They just might take it all this year. Same group - but with some legitimate big men this year AND Izzo is the absolute best coach in basketball.

07-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey!!!! I WON 3 years in a row doing that! And lest you forget the LIONS are going to the SUPER BOWL this year!!!

As for Michigan State:
That was basically the same group that lost in the finals the year before - they are GOOD. They just might take it all this year. Same group - but with some legitimate big men this year AND Izzo is the absolute best coach in basketball.

My wife fears the day that the Lions actually do win the Super Bowl, she says she is not ready to collect on my life insurance yet. :D

07-31-2010, 09:59 PM
I'm drafting Stafford, Best and Johnson. Bastard!!!

PC Guy
08-02-2010, 05:06 AM
I intend on listening to this on my actual draft day in my fantasy football league with CBS Sports. I've been listening to this in my mock drafts and it sets the mood nicely.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCy_WQPAX18

fettpett
08-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm in for the board league, I've played for going on 10 years now. I always use NFL.com's I'm not a big fan of CBS or Fox FF.

ralph wiggum
08-10-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm in for the board league, I've played for going on 10 years now. I always use NFL.com's I'm not a big fan of CBS or Fox FF.

We've always used Yahoo. I just wish they'd get a Blackberry app.

fettpett
08-10-2010, 11:59 AM
We've always used Yahoo. I just wish they'd get a Blackberry app.

ok, sounds good...guess since the season starts in about a month, next couple weeks would be good to get the league up and going.

jendf
08-10-2010, 06:57 PM
ok, sounds good...guess since the season starts in about a month, next couple weeks would be good to get the league up and going.

Haha. I think that was a subtle hint, Ralph. :D

PC Guy
08-10-2010, 07:53 PM

This too will also be my 10th year. And like yourself, I've played NFL.com's fantasy football except 2004 and 2008 in which I was in yahoo. I was going to play NFL.com's fantasy football until I saw that they changed their traditional system and adopted yahoo's system. CBS fantasy football however has kept the NFL.com's system so I will be playing CBS fantasy football (unless NFL.com goes back to their original system).

PC Guy
08-17-2010, 10:56 PM
Just got done with my fantasy football draft 40 minutes ago. This is my fantasy football team for 2010.

Starting lineup
QB Tony Romo
RB Maurice Drew-Jones
RB Brandon Jacobs
WR Marques Colston
WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Malcom Floyd
TE Jason Witten
K Stephen Gostowski
DST 49ers

Backups
QB Chad Henne
RB Arian Foster
RB Willis McGahee
WR Lee Evans
WR Nate Burleson

I'm quite happy with my team for this year. Can't wait until the season starts on September 9. :D

ralph wiggum
08-18-2010, 09:12 AM
Haha. I think that was a subtle hint, Ralph. :D

Check back later today. :cool:

PC Guy
09-09-2010, 03:16 PM
I have WR Marques Colston playing tonight. Who else here has him?

PC Guy
09-13-2010, 12:13 AM
Did anyone start RB Arian Foster and/or WR Hakeem Nicks?????:D I have 116 points largely in thanks to these 2 guys. And I still have WR Malcom Floyd playing tomorrow night.:D No doubt there will be times in which I'll be very disappointed with my team. Nevertheless, feels so good to have my team give me this many points on Opening Week.:cool:

jendf
09-13-2010, 01:03 AM
Did anyone start RB Arian Foster and/or WR Hakeem Nicks?????:D I have 116 points largely in thanks to these 2 guys. And I still have WR Malcom Floyd playing tomorrow night.:D No doubt there will be times in which I'll be very disappointed with my team. Nevertheless, feels so good to have my team give me this many points on Opening Week.:cool:

I have Nicks. But I also have Kolb so that worked out well. :rolleyes:

I kind of hate my team.

PC Guy
09-14-2010, 03:47 AM
WR Malcom Floyd only gave me 4 points, but his 4 points gave me a nice perfect round total of 120 points. I don't ever recall my team giving me this many points on opening week so this was a real treat for me. :D Well, now that week 1 of fantasy football is done, I look forward to next week.:D

PC Guy
09-14-2010, 03:48 AM

I kind of hate my team.

How come? Who else do you have?

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2010, 11:40 AM
Okay, just had my first ever match up in Fantasy football.

Lost of course.

I'm starting to see how it works. This is fun.

PC Guy
09-14-2010, 04:10 PM
Okay, just had my first ever match up in Fantasy football.

Lost of course.

I'm starting to see how it works. This is fun.

Glad to see that you enjoyed your opening week of fantasy football. :) May I ask who your players are for your fantasy football team? :D

09-14-2010, 04:30 PM

I kind of hate my team.

Actually, you did pretty damned good - you just ran into a team that had a very good week. In addition, if you look at your "optimal" line up, you were in the top 3.

jendf
09-14-2010, 05:23 PM
How come? Who else do you have?

QBs: A. Smith, S. Bradford, K. Kolb
WRs: A. Johnson, R. Moss, H. Nicks, D. McCluster
RBs: C. Benson, M. Forte, B. Wells
TEs: Z. Miller, B. Celek
Ks: M. Prater, B. Longwell
Def: AZ, MIN

Actually, you did pretty damned good - you just ran into a team that had a very good week. In addition, if you look at your "optimal" line up, you were in the top 3.

Thanks! I really just wanted to be first. :D But considering I've never done this (and I totally sucked at Fantasy Baseball a few years back), I suppose I didn't do as bad as I thought.

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2010, 05:34 PM
Glad to see that you enjoyed your opening week of fantasy football. :) May I ask who your players are for your fantasy football team? :D

QB
Michael Vick
(Phi - QB)
WR
DeSean Jackson
(Phi - WR)
WR
Legedu Naanee
(SD - WR)
WR
Micheal Spurlock
(TB - WR)
RB
Rashard Mendenhall
(Pit - RB)
RB
Brandon Jackson
(GB - RB)
TE
Tony Gonzalez
(Atl - TE)
K
Sebastian Janikowski
(Oak - K)
DEF
Seattle
(Sea - DEF)

fettpett
09-14-2010, 09:55 PM
QB
Michael Vick
(Phi - QB)

you actually played Vick even though he wasn't suppose to play? or is that your line up for this week?

Bubba Dawg
09-14-2010, 10:09 PM
you actually played Vick even though he wasn't suppose to play? or is that your line up for this week?

I wish.

Next week he's my QB as of now. Kolb didn't look that good before he got the concussion. We'll see how that goes.

PC Guy
09-14-2010, 11:35 PM
QB
Michael Vick
(Phi - QB)
WR
DeSean Jackson
(Phi - WR)
WR
Legedu Naanee
(SD - WR)
WR
Micheal Spurlock
(TB - WR)
RB
Rashard Mendenhall
(Pit - RB)
RB
Brandon Jackson
(GB - RB)
TE
Tony Gonzalez
(Atl - TE)
K
Sebastian Janikowski
(Oak - K)
DEF
Seattle
(Sea - DEF)

I went :eek: when I saw RB Brandon Jackson. Nice pickup with Ryan Grant practically out for the season.:cool: How do you feel about your backup players?

PC Guy
09-20-2010, 12:46 AM
A huge turn of events for me. Opening week my team gives me a whopping 120 points. Tonight, it has given me a measly 61 points (still pending WR Marques Colston and 49er DST).

NJCardFan
09-20-2010, 01:12 AM
I got 45 points out of my defense this week.

PC Guy
09-20-2010, 01:41 AM
I got 45 points out of my defense this week.

Which team DST do you have?

NJCardFan
09-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Which team DST do you have?

Steelers. 11 points against, 4 sacks, 7 turnovers, and a return TD. I'm 1 point away from winning and unless NO gets shut out tonight, I should pick up my first win.

fettpett
09-20-2010, 12:22 PM
I picked the wrong D/ST this week to play...thought the Eagles Defense would be much better...no way to perdict that Javhid Best would have almost 300 yards from schrimage and 3 TD's (and of course CS was my oppent with him as one of his RB's). Should have used San Deigo's D/ST

jendf
09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
Glad I didn't put in AZ's DEF. They earned a -5.00! :eek:

09-20-2010, 04:10 PM
I picked the wrong D/ST this week to play...thought the Eagles Defense would be much better...no way to perdict that Javhid Best would have almost 300 yards from schrimage and 3 TD's (and of course CS was my oppent with him as one of his RB's). Should have used San Deigo's D/ST

I told you guys the kid was going to be good! Thank goodness he DID have a good game because Chris Johnson literally disappeared - .53 POINTS!?!?!? You've got to be kidding me! Tom Brady pretty much sucked also.

BTW - We both have one "person" yet to play for our match-up this week. Both are From New Orleans - I need a low scoring game and you need Thomas to go off - gonna be close.

fettpett
09-20-2010, 05:30 PM
I told you guys the kid was going to be good! Thank goodness he DID have a good game because Chris Johnson literally disappeared - .53 POINTS!?!?!? You've got to be kidding me! Tom Brady pretty much sucked also.

BTW - We both have one "person" yet to play for our match-up this week. Both are From New Orleans - I need a low scoring game and you need Thomas to go off - gonna be close.

I know, I was looking at that last night. why i'm kicking myself for not going with my gut on SD, then it wouldn't be as close tonight :D

JB
09-20-2010, 06:11 PM
How in the hell does your quarterback generate -3.38 points? Negative freaking points!!!

I hate Brett Favre.

09-20-2010, 07:20 PM
I know, I was looking at that last night. why i'm kicking myself for not going with my gut on SD, then it wouldn't be as close tonight :D

I passed on Sanchez for Brady, and choose my 2 of my 3 worst WR's - and of course Johnson's horrible day screwed me - McFadden would have gotten me 10 points, but NOOOO I had to go with the best fantasy back in the game - and I get .53 points. That is POINT 53 points.

:mad:

Anyway, good luck tonight.

09-20-2010, 08:38 PM
What really sucks (for him anyway) is Defiant has (depending on the outcome of tonight) the highest or second highest overall scoring but has run up against a "hot" opponent each time and is likely to not even have a single win.

He has over 100 pts in this weeks game but is likely to lose.

Bubba Dawg
09-20-2010, 10:10 PM
Looks like I'm going to win my first fantsty game.

w00t.

jendf
09-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Looks like I'm going to win my first fantsty game.

w00t.

Me too!! :D

(Suck it, JB!!!)

09-21-2010, 06:22 AM
Congrats you two!

NJCardFan
09-21-2010, 09:36 AM
And I would like to send an up yours to Nutz, Tucker, and JB for picking agin me this week. :p

PC Guy
09-21-2010, 09:27 PM
I have 49er DST. I thought they'd be a sleeper unit. Wrong. They gave me only 6 points opening week and 8 points last night. End result? I lost to my opponent by 8 points. Of course, I totally blame it on Maurice Jones-Drew for playing like a bye week replacement. Nonetheless, I've put a waiver claim on Dolphin DST. I know they let Adrian Peterson run all over them, but the way they picked off Favre and held a potent offense to just 10 points is good enough for me to know that this defense can play tough.

In addition, my backup wide receivers (Nate Burleson and Lee Evans) have been a huge bust so more changes are in order. Since my TE Jason Witten has a bye week in week #4, I've put a claim on TE Marcedes Lewis of Jacksonville (even though I'm doing it 1 week early) and WR Kevin Walter of Houston.

Bubba Dawg
09-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Okay, today Vick is starting for Philly against Jax.

See what tomorrow brings....

I like Vick and the Iggles agains Jax.

My other top picks with Atlanta are playing New Orleans. I don't like their chances.

patriot45
09-21-2010, 09:36 PM
Okay, today Vick is starting for Philly against Jax.

See what tomorrow brings....

I like Vick and the Iggles agains Jax.

My other top picks with Atlanta are playing New Orleans. I don't like their chances.

Congrats on your first win Bubba!! :D They don't come easy!

Bubba Dawg
09-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Congrats on your first win Bubba!! :D They don't come easy!

Tell me about it.

I'm looking at next week and thinking if this .....or.....if this......or, if this..........

Nerve racking.

I love it.....:D

I said at the onset I'd be happy this year to finish in the to 50%.

Bullshite. I wanna win.....:mad::D

patriot45
09-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Tell me about it.

I'm looking at next week and thinking if this .....or.....if this......or, if this..........

Nerve racking.

I love it
I said at the onset I'd be happy this year to finish in the to 50%.

Bullshite. I wanna win.....:

Heres the secret! Google Who Do I Start, and use all the "experts " advice! :D
You know, Start Brady, Johnson and Peterson! You can't go wrong using the Fantsy Gurus! :rolleyes::D

Bubba Dawg
09-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Heres the secret! Google Who Do I Start, and use all the "experts " advice! :D
You know, Start Brady, Johnson and Peterson! You can't go wrong using the Fantsy Gurus! :rolleyes::D

Too too many gurus. They'z all got advise and it all iz diffurent.......:D

jendf
09-21-2010, 11:00 PM
Too too many gurus. They'z all got advise and it all iz diffurent.......:D

Wait! You guys don't pick your players based on how hunky they look? :confused: It's a foolproof strategy! :p

PC Guy
09-22-2010, 03:42 AM
I have 49er DST. I thought they'd be a sleeper unit. Wrong. They gave me only 6 points opening week and 8 points last night. End result? I lost to my opponent by 8 points. Of course, I totally blame it on Maurice Jones-Drew for playing like a bye week replacement. Nonetheless, I've put a waiver claim on Dolphin DST. I know they let Adrian Peterson run all over them, but the way they picked off Favre and held a potent offense to just 10 points is good enough for me to know that this defense can play tough.

In addition, my backup wide receivers (Nate Burleson and Lee Evans) have been a huge bust so more changes are in order. Since my TE Jason Witten has a bye week in week #4, I've put a claim on TE Marcedes Lewis of Jacksonville (even though I'm doing it 1 week early) and WR Kevin Walter of Houston.

Got the backup TE I wanted (Marcedes Lewis of Jacksonville). However, since my picking rights on waivers was #10, my claims on WR Kevin Walter of Houston and Dolphin DST got rejected (as these 2 were awarded to the players that had the higher spots than me). :(

So, I looked around and I exchanged WR Nate Burleson of Detroit for WR Jordan Shipley of Cincinnati. WR Nate Burleson has been such a huge bust that he's not even worth being a bye week replacement. As for Jordan Shipley, a bit of a no-name because he's a rookie WR on an offensive unit with Cedric Benson, Ochocinco, and T.O. However, he's gotten his share of catches from Palmer so he's decent enough to be a bye week replacement.

fettpett
09-22-2010, 07:42 PM
Got the backup TE I wanted (Marcedes Lewis of Jacksonville). However, since my picking rights on waivers was #10, my claims on WR Kevin Walter of Houston and Dolphin DST got rejected (as these 2 were awarded to the players that had the higher spots than me). :(

So, I looked around and I exchanged WR Nate Burleson of Detroit for WR Jordan Shipley of Cincinnati. WR Nate Burleson has been such a huge bust that he's not even worth being a bye week replacement. As for Jordan Shipley, a bit of a no-name because he's a rookie WR on an offensive unit with Cedric Benson, Ochocinco, and T.O. However, he's gotten his share of catches from Palmer so he's decent enough to be a bye week replacement.

i'm guessing you're not in our league?

Bubba Dawg
09-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Wait! You guys don't pick your players based on how hunky they look? :confused: It's a foolproof strategy! :p

In an indirect way.

I pick by how many hot chicks choose them for their team.....

Who you startin'.......??????

PC Guy
09-22-2010, 11:43 PM
i'm guessing you're not in our league?

Nope. Even though I'm not playing fantasy football with C.U. on yahoo, it's still enjoyable to talk about all the nuances of fantasy football.

NJCardFan
09-27-2010, 11:39 AM
Well if you started Vick, you got great numbers. And my defense scored a lot of points for me again this week.

Bubba Dawg
09-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Okay. Thsi is fun.

Now I'm hooked. I got another team in a public league and use the automatic draft. Got Drew Brees. Nice.

PC Guy
09-28-2010, 10:00 PM
Okay. Thsi is fun.

Now I'm hooked. I got another team in a public league and use the automatic draft. Got Drew Brees. Nice.

If you don't mind sharing, who are your other players in your 2nd team?

PC Guy
10-18-2010, 01:36 AM
Did anyone have a bad or sub-par Week 6? I ask because I sort of did. 3 of my most reliable players (WR Hakeem Nicks, WR Malcom Floyd, and Chicago DST) gave me 0, 1, and 8 points respectively. My opponent still has WR Mike-Sims Walker and K Rod Bironas for Monday Night Football. Fortunately for me, I'm leading by 11 points and I still have Maurice-Jones Drew for Monday Night Football.:D

NJCardFan
10-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Did anyone have a bad or sub-par Week 6? I ask because I sort of did. 3 of my most reliable players (WR Hakeem Nicks, WR Malcom Floyd, and Chicago DST) gave me 0, 1, and 8 points respectively. My opponent still has WR Mike-Sims Walker and K Rod Bironas for Monday Night Football. Fortunately for me, I'm leading by 11 points and I still have Maurice-Jones Drew for Monday Night Football.:D

I scored 110 points and this is with 2 of my receivers and my tight end giving me a total of 6 points between them. I got good production out of everyone else.

tucker13
10-18-2010, 08:47 PM
TD Britt:)

Bubba Dawg
10-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Vick was my QB for a couple of weeks. Got hurt. Ryan is my other QB. Both have a bye on week 8.

So, with one QB injured and both out for week 8, I picked up Favre. Then it looked like he had a bad elbow. Can't have two injured QB's so I droppe dhim and picked up Vince Young.

He just left the game with an injury. Not sure if he'll be back.

Crap.

Plus, for me to have a chance inthis week's game, Young needed to perform well tonight.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

patriot45
10-18-2010, 11:17 PM
Vick was my QB for a couple of weeks. Got hurt. Ryan is my other QB. Both have a bye on week 8.

So, with one QB injured and both out for week 8, I picked up Favre. Then it looked like he had a bad elbow. Can't have two injured QB's so I droppe dhim and picked up Vince Young.

He just left the game with an injury. Not sure if he'll be back.

Crap.

Plus, for me to have a chance inthis week's game, Young needed to perform well tonight.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

Sorry Bubba! But thanks! :D

PC Guy
10-19-2010, 12:14 AM
I scored 110 points and this is with 2 of my receivers and my tight end giving me a total of 6 points between them. I got good production out of everyone else.

:cool: I had that type of game for Week 5 where both of my starting running backs and my tight end gave me a combined 11 points but still won because all my other players gave me 20+ points.:D

A big sigh of relief for this week because I almost lost to an 0-5 opponent (won by just 3 points). Wouldn't have looked nice.:o Well, a win is a win nonetheless and I still have sole possession of the wild card in my league.:D