PDA

View Full Version : 'Privacy pasties' sold to fliers embarrassed by full-body scanners at airports

Gingersnap
07-29-2010, 11:33 AM
'Privacy pasties' sold to fliers embarrassed by full-body scanners at airports
Latest travel news, more

A website is selling pasties for women or men to use during airport screenings. But when scanners see something like this, the wearer may get a pat-down, too.

By Ihosvani Rodriguez
Sun-Sentinel Staff Writer

Updated: 10:53 a.m. Thursday, July 29, 2010
Posted: 8:53 a.m. Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Las Vegas-based website is trying to make money off the latest airport security irritant, full-body scanners.

The concept comes from burlesque: Pasties. For prices starting at $9.99, the modest can use the rubbery stick-ons to cover body parts they'd prefer to keep away from the prying eyes of security officers.

"Giving you back your right to privacy" is the slogan on the website, flyingpasties.com.

But there's a rub. Anything that scans like "an anomaly" gets the wearer an additional screening, according to Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman Sari Koshetz. That could include a full-body pat-down.

Full-body scanners are used at airports in Fort Lauderdale and Miami, and may land in Palm Beach County some day.

Flying Pasties come in a "male bottom" (small and large) for $9.99 and, for $16.99, a female, three-part set that says, "Only my boyfriend sees me naked." Custom orders are available.

Palm Beach Post (http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/nation/privacy-pasties-sold-to-fliers-embarrassed-by-full-829698.html)

Nubs
07-29-2010, 12:10 PM
If my airport gets one of these scanners, I'm gonna stuff a 2 ft salami in my shorts before I walk through.

noonwitch
07-29-2010, 05:01 PM
This is a great example of finding new ways to make money in today's troubled economy!

m00
07-29-2010, 05:02 PM
full body scanners piss me off. When I fly I avoid any airport that has them.

Articulate_Ape
07-29-2010, 05:05 PM
I have been wearing chain mail underwear for years in anticipation of this. I'm ready.

Sonnabend
07-29-2010, 08:05 PM
If my airport gets one of these scanners, I'm gonna stuff a 2 ft salami in my shorts before I walk through.

http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/478/47831.gif

PoliCon
07-29-2010, 08:26 PM
great idea. :)

Calypso Jones
07-29-2010, 10:11 PM
I'd like to see how they work. I mean...do youj stick it to yourself under your clothes or do you go thru the scanner and just hold it in front of the....huh....'offending' area.