PDA

View Full Version : Woman's nude photos exposed by tech support

Gingersnap
07-30-2010, 11:12 AM
Woman's nude photos exposed by tech support

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

By George Warren, News10 Sacramento

SACRAMENTO, CA (KGO) -- A Sacramento woman says a tech support engineer in India managed to expose her secrets and make charges to her credit card after she called him with a desperate request.

There's no getting around the fact that Tara Fitzgerald was faced with an embarrassing situation and a 14-year-old daughter in the house.

"I was missing pictures on my computer. And they were personal pictures and I didn't feel comfortable," said Fitzgerald. They were extremely personal pictures intended only for her boyfriend.

"I couldn't find them on my computer and that made me nervous," said Fitzgerald.

So she called Dell support for help with her new Dell computer and delicate problem. She was connected to a Dell support contractor in Mumbai, India named Riyaz Shaikh.

"I trusted him. I trusted him because he was a Dell technician and I don't like the cyberworld, you're so vulnerable," said Fitzgerald. She gave the technician permission to access her computer remotely and watched as he found the pictures and downloaded them.

"Oh yeah, I'm totally convinced. I watched him take the pictures out of my e-mail. I watched him," said Fitzgerald.

Shortly thereafter, 16 nude photographs appeared on a vulgar website created for the sole purpose of displaying her pictures.

"I've been violated. My life's been violated," said Fitzgerald.

In conversations that became increasingly personal, the support technician offered to help Fitzgerald remove the offensive website and somehow convinced her to ship him a brand new Dell laptop so he could work on her case from his home in Mumbai.

"And I'm telling myself, my conscience is talking to me saying, 'Tara, don't send this. What are you doing? Are you crazy?' I sent it anyways because I really believed in this guy. I really had faith that he was protecting my dignity," said Fitzgerald.

And then her disturbing experience with the tech support rep took an even more bizarre turn.

Dell is on the hook here but really.........nude pics? Does anybody over the age of 12 really believe that nude pics ever remain "confidential"? You could look like a beached whale and somebody would still want to do nasty things while viewing your pic. :rolleyes:

ABC (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=7581408)

Articulate_Ape
07-30-2010, 12:41 PM
Dell is on the hook here but really.........nude pics? Does anybody over the age of 12 really believe that nude pics ever remain "confidential"? You could look like a beached whale and somebody would still want to do nasty things while viewing your pic. :rolleyes:

I think you should prove that hypothesis; you know, for science? :)

Gingersnap
07-30-2010, 01:07 PM

Well, send me your pic and I'll shop it around. :p

Articulate_Ape
07-30-2010, 01:11 PM

:(

PoliCon
07-30-2010, 01:33 PM

WIN!:D

Sonnabend
07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
Well, send me your pic and I'll shop it around.

Ape walked right into that one.

Articulate_Ape
07-30-2010, 05:30 PM
Ape walked right into that one.

Actually, that's how I figured she'd respond, but you can't blame a guy for giving it the old jungle try. :D

Jfor
07-30-2010, 05:33 PM
:(

And you can send me a brand new laptop to help you get the pictures of the interwebz.

Articulate_Ape
07-30-2010, 05:37 PM
And you can send me a brand new laptop to help you get the pictures of the interwebz.

Heh.

fettpett
07-30-2010, 11:06 PM

you send us some first :D:eek:

Big Guy
07-30-2010, 11:13 PM

Dude, you already posted a video of you and a frog, what do you expect? :D

Articulate_Ape
07-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Dude, you already posted a video of you and a frog, what do you expect? :D

I expected a princess, but I think I was doing it wrong.

Big Guy
07-30-2010, 11:18 PM
I expected a princess, but I think I was doing it wrong.

You might want to read the book again. :D

Joe Inflate
09-17-2010, 02:20 PM
http://www.truecrypt.org

NJCardFan
09-17-2010, 10:44 PM
This is where her case blows up:

In conversations that became increasingly personal, the support technician offered to help Fitzgerald remove the offensive website and somehow convinced her to ship him a brand new Dell laptop so he could work on her case from his home in Mumbai.

"And I'm telling myself, my conscience is talking to me saying, 'Tara, don't send this. What are you doing? Are you crazy?' I sent it anyways because I really believed in this guy. I really had faith that he was protecting my dignity," said Fitzgerald.

Ah gullibility, it's what's for dinner. If you are stupid enough to send a brand new computer to a total stranger half way around the world, you are an....

http://www.aislin.com/images/IDIOT.jpg

Zafod
09-20-2010, 03:32 PM

ABC (http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=7581408)

spork alert.....