PDA

View Full Version : I told you.

Articulate_Ape
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
WASHINGTON Calls for Rep. Charlie Rangel's resignation rained down on Capitol Hill late Friday from House Democrats who said more than a dozen ethics charges against the 20-term lawmaker showed a disregard for the rules and undermined the public's confidence in Congress.

The calls came as Democrats headed home for their monthlong recess wrestling with how to handle the tax and disclosure charges against Rangel back in their districts as election season loomed. Republicans, meanwhile, raced ahead with plans to make Rangel the face of corrupt Washington under the rule of Democrats who had vowed to clean up Congress.

More... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100730/ap_on_go_co/us_rangel_ethics)

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

djones520
07-30-2010, 06:30 PM
This is the Democrats worse nightmare, and their handing it to the Republicans on a silver platter. It's like they are purposely trying to lose everything this November.

Articulate_Ape
07-30-2010, 06:43 PM
This is the Democrats worse nightmare, and their handing it to the Republicans on a silver platter. It's like they are purposely trying to lose everything this November.

They are too out of touch with reality to do anything on purpose other than to attempt destroy this nation. Beyond that, they are lost.

Rockntractor
07-30-2010, 07:52 PM
More... (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100730/ap_on_go_co/us_rangel_ethics)

I thought that I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.

Not bad for a torso.

Articulate_Ape
07-30-2010, 07:55 PM
Not bad for a torso. :confused:

Rockntractor
07-30-2010, 08:01 PM
:confused:

Have we decided you have legs yet?:confused:

Articulate_Ape
07-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Have we decided you have legs yet?:confused:

Who's we?

Articulate_Ape
07-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Right on schedule...

President Barack Obama has kept mum on the fate of Rep. Charles Rangel (D-NY) for days -- but he tells CBS News that it's time for the embattled 80-year-old former Ways and Means Chairman to end his career "with dignity."

"I think Charlie Rangel served a very long time and served-- his constituents very well. But these-- allegations are very troubling," Obama told Harry Smith in an interview to be aired on the "Early Show." and first broadcast on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric.

"And he'll-- he's somebody who's at the end of his career. Eighty years old. I'm sure that-- what he wants is to be able to-- end his career with dignity. And my hope is that-- it happens. "

Link. (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0710/Obama_Time_for_Rangel_to_end_career_with_dignity.h tml)

So predictable.

PoliCon
07-31-2010, 01:30 PM
Right on schedule...

Link. (http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0710/Obama_Time_for_Rangel_to_end_career_with_dignity.h tml)

So predictable.

We all need to call his office and encourage him to stay.

Articulate_Ape
07-31-2010, 01:53 PM
We all need to call his office and encourage him to stay.

It would be ideal if he did, but my gut tells me he won't.

PoliCon
07-31-2010, 01:55 PM
It would be ideal if he did, but my gut tells me he won't.

He will if he thinks he has enough support. Remember - he's a democrat. They care more about their own power than they do about anything else. . . . I honestly suggest that EVERY conservative call his office and encourage him to stay.

Articulate_Ape
07-31-2010, 02:05 PM
He will if he thinks he has enough support. Remember - he's a democrat. They care more about their own power than they do about anything else. . . . I honestly suggest that EVERY conservative call his office and encourage him to stay.

Which is exactly and ironically why he will go. The Dems are turning on him in droves for the very reason you stated. It will be his fellow Dems that kick him to the curb, even as they praise him.

lacarnut
07-31-2010, 02:58 PM
Which is exactly and ironically why he will go. The Dems are turning on him in droves for the very reason you stated. It will be his fellow Dems that kick him to the curb, even as they praise him.

Charlie will have to defend himself before the full House on each and all 13 charges which will take place in the middle of Sept. I look for him to either accept the charges meaning he is guilty or resign. If he excepts the charges, he could face expulsion. Either way, it is going to be a circus for the next 6 weeks. Repubs need to just sit back and watch the Democrats squirm.

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Charlie will have to defend himself before the full House on each and all 13 charges which will take place in the middle of Sept. I look for him to either accept the charges meaning he is guilty or resign. If he excepts the charges, he could face expulsion. Either way, it is going to be a circus for the next 6 weeks. Repubs need to just sit back and watch the Democrats squirm.

I agree.

But this could end alot sooned than 6 weeks.

m00
07-31-2010, 06:53 PM

I hope he gives a big "F-you" and points out all the cronies sitting on the committee he's facing, that are equally guilty of ethics violations.

Articulate_Ape
08-01-2010, 10:25 PM
Right on schedule...

The politically charged decisions by veteran Democratic Reps. Charles Rangel of New York and Maxine Waters of California to force public trials by the House ethics committee are raising questions about race and whether black lawmakers face more scrutiny over allegations of ethical or criminal wrongdoing than their white colleagues.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/40533.html#ixzz0vPZF2Nw1

Damn, it is really hard being right all the time. :cool:

noonwitch
08-02-2010, 08:42 AM
Right on schedule...

Damn, it is really hard being right all the time. :cool:

I'm just surprised it took him this long to start playing the race card. He might resign. There was a similar case here once, involving congresswoman Barbara Rose Collins. She knew they had a good case against her and she resigned, only to run for city council a few years later (and she actually won a term, lost for re-election).

Then again, Rangel seems pretty arrogant and convinced that he can get out of it.

PoliCon
08-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm just surprised it took him this long to start playing the race card. He might resign. There was a similar case here once, involving congresswoman Barbara Rose Collins. She knew they had a good case against her and she resigned, only to run for city council a few years later (and she actually won a term, lost for re-election).

Then again, Rangel seems pretty arrogant and convinced that he can get out of it.He knows that even if he does get convicted he's gonna win re-election so what does it matter?

Articulate_Ape
08-02-2010, 08:37 PM
He knows that even if he does get convicted he's gonna win re-election so what does it matter?

Not this time. (http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/an-interview-with-the-pastor-who-has-a-plan-to-beat-charlie-rangel/)

PoliCon
08-02-2010, 11:25 PM
Not this time. (http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/20/an-interview-with-the-pastor-who-has-a-plan-to-beat-charlie-rangel/)

he may try- but he seriously has very little chance. Rangel has the money - the political machine - and media on his side.

Rockntractor
08-02-2010, 11:32 PM
Obama is referring to his career in the past tense, the fat lady will soon sing.

PoliCon
08-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Obama is referring to his career in the past tense, the fat lady will soon sing.

That's fine - as long as he goes down making as big a mess for the dems as possible. :)

Rockntractor
08-03-2010, 12:10 AM
That's fine - as long as he goes down making as big a mess for the dems as possible. :)

He is a sacrificial lamb intended to take our focus away from more important events.

PoliCon
08-03-2010, 01:51 AM
He is a sacrificial lamb intended to take our focus away from more important events.

hummm . . . I can see how that would be . . . . I forget sometimes how easily distracted blind john q public really is. . . .