PDA

View Full Version : If you think that you live in the "Land of the Free" - you need to pull your head out

SarasotaRepub
07-31-2010, 11:01 AM
DU is just the most cheerful place!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8833540)

devilgrrl http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-28-10 02:49 PM
Original message If you think that you live in the "Land of the Free" - you need to pull your head out of your ass.

Edited on Wed Jul-28-10 02:56 PM by devilgrrl
We are so fucking PWNED it is scary.

Seriously, travel outside of North America... you'll find that out... and it's disturbing.

I'm here in Germany - having a great time btw. Not one person I've talked to here doesn't think that Bush let 9/11 happen on purpose. (Really??? So you just talk to morons all day?? Good to know. Or are you just making the whole thing up? )

They all like Obama but think someone has a gun to his head and they are utterly perplexed that every US citizen does have access to health care.

Sure, they pay higher taxes but these people live... we don't.

Like the signs over the gates of many Nazi era concentration camps say "WORK WILL SET YOU FREE"

From Leipzig, Germany, this is devilgrrl signing off.

Classic DU!!! :D

warpig
07-31-2010, 11:08 AM
Sure, they pay higher taxes but these people live... we don't.

..and we don't want to. What a dumb bitch.

Dan D. Doty
07-31-2010, 01:48 PM
How much you guys want to get that Devilgrrl isn't going to stay in Europe, no matter how wonderful she thinks it is. When she says " free " she means free stuff, not civil rights, liberty, or that you can choose your own destiny, relgion, say what you want or read what you want without fear.

Devilgrrl is just another bubble-headed Moonbats that only cares of about getting stuff on other people's dime.

JB
07-31-2010, 08:24 PM
devilgrrl (1000+ posts) Wed Jul-28-10 03:04 PM
Response to Reply #16
18. So far I have been very impressed with the Germans.
I also bothered to learn some Deutsch, which they whole heartedly appreciate!!! Yes, they are way cool! Two thumbs up for the Krauts!Wait. What?

You mean a non-indigenous person went to a country and tried to adapt to that hosts country way of life???

Where have I heard expectations like that before? Oh, yeah. Speak english while in America. Now I am a racist for saying so but in Germany it's "way cool".

m00
08-01-2010, 07:13 AM
As someone living abroad I kinda agree with the OP.

Europeans are naive children that like Obama because they would never elect a black president.
It really *does* feel more free in Europe. It basically feels like cops exist so you can ask directions. But then I look around and see radicalized Muslim youth harassing people. So, uh...
They are surprised we don't have "superior" free health care, but they constantly complain about taxes and over 10% unemployment because the job market is completely stagnant due to unfavorable economic policies to business.