PDA

View Full Version : Army and Marine folks, some M-16 questions I be needin answered.

djones520
07-31-2010, 04:43 PM
Simple question, can the handle and rear sight assembly be removed easily?

I own a stock AR-10A2 which doesn't have the picatiny rail with the detachable handle and sight. I'd like to remove the handle and sight, so I can install a rail and scope. I'm concerned if I'm just going to have to completely replace the upper assembly to do so though.

So any thoughts or advice you could give would be nice. Thanks.

BTW, I'm making this post about 7,000 miles away from my rifle, hence not being able to check it myself.

asdf2231
07-31-2010, 05:18 PM
You more or less do have to replace the upper. Sorry bud. Went through that myself a while back,

HOWEVER...

Check this out:
http://www.mountsplus.com/AR-15_Accessories/AR-15_Scope_Rings/ARMS-2EXTENDED.html

http://www.mountsplus.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/arms_Scope_Mounts_AR-15ex_2.jpg

Standard AR's and 16's have a hole in the carry handle. This fits into the groove, tightens with a screw and you can rail mount any damn thing ya please! :)

Also most of them have a rudamentry "peek through" so you can go to iron if you need to.

djones520
07-31-2010, 05:21 PM
Effin A. Thats a great find. Putting that on my favorites right now. Thanks man.

asdf2231
07-31-2010, 05:46 PM
Effin A. Thats a great find. Putting that on my favorites right now. Thanks man.

Do some searches with "handle mounted scope ar 15" and the like. 'Fact I have a military issue 4X handle mounted scope I would give you for 20$ and cost of mailing. I bought it for my AR15 SP1 which I no longer own and it wont fit on my M-4 flat top. But a handle mounted rail will let you mount any dang thing you could imagine. There are also some with multiple rail tracks top and side so you could trick out with a Red Dot and a Tac Light if you wanted.

djones520
07-31-2010, 05:48 PM
Do some searches with "handle mounted scope ar 15" and the like. 'Fact I have a military issue 4X handle mounted scope I would give you for 20$ and cost of mailing. I bought it for my AR15 SP1 which I no longer own and it wont fit on my M-4 flat top. But a handle mounted rail will let you mount any dang thing you could imagine. There are also some with multiple rail tracks top and side so you could trick out with a Red Dot and a Tac Light if you wanted.

I'd gladly take that off your hands. As long as you don't mind holding onto it for 5 months. I won't be stateside again till Jan.

asdf2231
07-31-2010, 06:17 PM
I'd gladly take that off your hands. As long as you don't mind holding onto it for 5 months. I won't be stateside again till Jan.

No probs. it's in the giant box o' crap in my closet. :D