PDA

View Full Version : Bush violates law to pass Medicare Part D

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 05:55 PM
WASHINGTON, May 3 The Congressional Research Service says the Bush administration apparently violated federal law by ordering the chief Medicare actuary to withhold information from Congress indicating that the new Medicare law could cost far more than White House officials had said......The actuary, Richard S. Foster, has testified that he was ordered to withhold the cost estimates last year, when Congress was considering legislation to add a drug benefit to Medicare. The order, he said, came from Thomas A. Scully, who was then the administrator of Medicare.

Mr. Foster said Mr. Scully threatened to discipline him for insubordination if he gave Congress the data.

The research service, a nonpartisan arm of Congress, said Mr. Scully's order ''would appear to violate a specific and express prohibition of federal law.'' The actuary, it said, has a duty to ''make professional and reliable cost estimates, unfettered by any particular partisan agenda.''
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/04/us/agency-sees-withholding-of-medicare-data-from-congress-as-illegal.html

http://articles.sfgate.com/2004-07-07/news/17437126_1_medicare-drug-benefits-richard-s-foster-medicare-officials

http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_integrity/abuses_of_science/medicare-drug-bill.html

http://fas.org/sgp/library/waxman.pdf

m00
07-31-2010, 05:57 PM
And here I was thinking we were living in 2010 and that Obama was president.

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 05:59 PM
And here I was thinking we were living in 2010 and that Obama was president.

Medicare part D was never paid for , it all went on the national debt.

We will be paying on this debt far after Obama is gone from office , the Bush debt will outlast the next 3 presidents.

It doesn't matter who is in office , the Bush debt will remain.

m00
07-31-2010, 06:09 PM
Medicare part D was never paid for , it all went on the national debt.

We will be paying on this debt far after Obama is gone from office , the Bush debt will outlast the next 3 presidents.

It doesn't matter who is in office , the Bush debt will remain.

I guess I don't understand your point. If your point is that "Bush grew the deficit" sure, I agree with you. This isn't news. But with the Stimulus, Obama quadrupled all that horrible Bush debt in only 2 years. So if your point is "Bush = bad, deficits = bad" then well Obama is much worse.

If your point is that "you are hypocrites for criticizing Obama on spending" there are three things wrong with this:

Many Republicans, and conservatives, criticized Bush's spending policy at the time.
The situation has orders of magnitude difference. It's like comparing someone putting on 10 pounds in a year to someone putting on 40 pounds in three months.
Blaming Bush isn't going to get us out of debt. You can blame Bush all you want, but as long as Obama is bailing out banks to the tune of trillions the US is no longer going to be a superpower. Although, it has occurred to me, that the destruction of America as a world power is a long term goal of this administration.

You should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yxFtTwDcc

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 06:18 PM
I guess I don't understand your point. If your point is that "Bush grew the deficit" sure, I agree with you. This isn't news. But with the Stimulus, Obama quadrupled all that horrible Bush debt in only 2 years. So if your point is "Bush = bad, deficits = bad" then well Obama is much worse.

Holy Shit , are you joking ?

Bush took a national debt of about 6 trillion and DOUBLED IT , leaving the national debt around 12 trillion.

The national debt is now about 13.2 trillion

How the fuck could anybody think Obama quadrupled the national debt ? Thats the most absurd thing I ever heard. Here are the US Treasury numbers , take a look you fucking idiot. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

And ...BTW , This statement is fucking crazy , BUSH BAILED OUT THE BANKS YOU FUCKING TOOL , You are now blaming BUSH for taking away our superpower status.

but as long as Obama is bailing out banks to the tune of trillions the US is no longer going to be a superpower.

fettpett
07-31-2010, 06:21 PM

If your point is that "you are hypocrites for criticizing Obama on spending" there are three things wrong with this:

Many Republicans, and conservatives, criticized Bush's spending policy at the time.
The situation has orders of magnitude difference. It's like comparing someone putting on 10 pounds in a year to someone putting on 40 pounds in three months.
Blaming Bush isn't going to get us out of debt. You can blame Bush all you want, but as long as Obama is bailing out banks to the tune of trillions the US is no longer going to be a superpower. Although, it has occurred to me, that the destruction of America as a world power is a long term goal of this administration.

You should watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5yxFtTwDcc

The fucktard gets his ass handed to him on two threads about Obama (2nd amendment and Arizona immigration suit) and he dredges up this crap. thinking "this is the CU, they all pander to the GOP, and worship the ground Bush walked on"

get a fucking clue Satanscum. We as Conservatives don't worship at the alter of the personality like you libtards do with the Obassiah. We've ALL been critical of Both Bush's, Regan, Nixion, Eisenhower, etc, All current and past Congressmen and our state Reps. We want people to have the freedoms that are guaranteed us by the Constitution of the United States. Not ripped away from us by a bunch of asshats that think they are something to be stepped on, and thrown by the wayside. WE kick people out of office and don't defend Republicans when they fuck up. WE don't keep around KKK Grand Cyclops' and say it was a "youthful indiscretion". WE don't sit around and talk about people based on race, sex, sexual orientation, economic status, etc. WE base how we interact with people based on their ideas and actions.

I'm sick of you and all you're libtard associates that act one way and say another.

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 06:25 PM
I'm sick of you and all you're libtard associates that act one way and say another.

So you agree with moo that Obama quadrupled the national debt and that it was Obama who bailed out the banks ?

m00
07-31-2010, 06:26 PM
Holy Shit , are you joking ?

Bush took a national debt of about 6 trillion and DOUBLED IT , leaving the national debt around 12 trillion.

The national debt is now about 13.2 trillion

How the fuck could anybody think Obama quadrupled the national debt ? Thats the most absurd thing I ever heard. Here are the US Treasury numbers , take a look you fucking idiot. http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

You have a hard time reading what I said. Where did I say Obama quadrupled the national debt?

Watch that video?

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 06:29 PM
You have a hard time reading what I said. Where did I say Obama quadrupled the national debt?

Watch that video?

OK , If Bush added 6 trillion to the national debt in 8 years , it would mean Obama would have to have added 24 trillion in 2 years to have quadrupled it.

Your own words genius.

Obama quadrupled all that horrible Bush debt in only 2 years

m00
07-31-2010, 06:34 PM
>>Obama quadrupled all that horrible Bush debt

How the fuck could anybody think Obama quadrupled the national debt ?

Do you see where you went wrong?

PoliCon
07-31-2010, 06:36 PM
http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/d99a8c27-702e-470e-bb4f-ae7778c9cd22.jpg

http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/hmm_yes_i_see_youre_a_moron_trollcat.jpg

m00
07-31-2010, 06:41 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/56/Deficits_vs._Debt_Increases_-_2009.png

Shame I can't find anything more recent. Those bars don't go down in 2010. But really, all the graphs in the world aren't going to prove or disprove what we know - that we are in trouble, because the rate of debt increase and the debt as a % of GDP is reaching the levels that we haven't experienced before, and frankly I don't think anybody knows what will happen.

Pop quiz: stare at that graph and ask yourself "who was President in 2009"

Watch that video yet?

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 07:05 PM
But your original claim, that Obama quadrupled the 8 years of debt Bush created in only 2 years.

And that Obama was the one who bailed out the banks and not Bush and his Treasury Sec.

Are you sticking by those claims ? Lets not move the goal posts just yet.

Satanicus
07-31-2010, 07:10 PM
Pop quiz: stare at that graph and ask yourself "who was President in 2009"

Watch that video yet?

You are dumber than I thought.

Bush's budget ends on September 30 2009 , his budget was running till the fiscal year turned over on September 30

Get it ? ..Bush's budget took up almost ALL of 2009

Do you know anything about the fiscal year ?

m00
07-31-2010, 07:27 PM
But your original claim, that Obama quadrupled the 8 years of debt Bush created in only 2 years.

And that Obama was the one who bailed out the banks and not Bush and his Treasury Sec.

Are you sticking by those claims ? Lets not move the goal posts just yet.

Actually you are misreading my points. I don't know if it's deliberate or not. But as you surely know, the budget has many components - some of which is mandatory spending, and some of which is discretionary spending, and of course various functions and sub-functions they are all broken into. I used the term "horrible Bush debt" deliberately because it's vague. Why is it vague? Because the budget, and budget process, is unbelievably complex and neither of us are leading economists.

So for example, there are certain entitlement programs that no president can be reasonably expected to cut off the bat such as social security, medicare, and the like... because unfortunately we've collected taxes from people for years for these programs and there's a deep contract there. What a president can be reasonably expected to do is not grow them any further. What I'm interested in, primarily, is both the discretionary budget and the "cheap tricks" such as moving the Stimulus into the mandatory part of the budget (which should have been considered part of the discretionary budget). If you really wanted to look at how presidents grew the deficit, you would have to look at:

Discretionary spending budgets
Shell games that involve moving fuctions to and from the mandatory budget
Increasing/Decreasing the mandatory budget through eligibility of services
Currency manipulation measures (such as inflation)

I'm not really interested in playing gotcha games with you, Satanicus. I know you are on here to "pwn conservatives" or some such, but 1) I'm not a conservative and 2) I honestly have better things to do with my time.

m00
07-31-2010, 07:36 PM

Bush's budget ends on September 30 2009 , his budget was running till the fiscal year turned over on September 30

You know what? I was going to write "whoops, you're right. It's late" but you're being such a dick I'm just not going to. Instead I will say: you need to grow up and re-think how you deal with people.

JB
07-31-2010, 08:05 PM
...Shitbird, what the hell is wrong with you?

Starting a new thread implies current events. Or is that just me? This shit is seven years old. I really don't see a lot of Kennedy or Nixon or Lincoln or Washington OPs on here.

Historical data to back up an argument is fine but to initiate a new thread to discuss shit from seven years ago is just lame. I ask again...is this your first time posting on a messageboard?

PoliCon
07-31-2010, 08:18 PM
You know what? I was going to write "whoops, you're right. It's late" but you're being such a dick I'm just not going to. Instead I will say: you need to grow up and re-think how you deal with people.

I like how it's Bush's budget as if the house and senate have nothing to do with the budget process. :rolleyes:

Sonnabend
07-31-2010, 08:32 PM
This guy just never stops. 440 posts in what...two weeks?

Total Posts: 440
Posts Per Day: 26.98

Apocalypse
07-31-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/166429.jpg

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/74000/Barak2-Deficit-Rising--74341.jpg

Jfor
08-01-2010, 12:40 AM

Actually, it would be Congresses budget. The same Congress was a member of for 129 days before he decided he was experienced enough to run for POTUS.

Facts are pesky thing ain't they dipshit.

NJCardFan
08-01-2010, 01:30 AM
It's obvious that Stupidicus doesn't pay attention or he intentionally leaves out facts. Fact is, conservatives killed Bush over the prescription drug thing. Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Boortz, Coulter, all of the pundits killed him over it. See, unlike liberals and Democrats, we conservatives don't willingly get on our knees and such down every drop that comes out of our party's president's cock. Not to mention that the Republican congress took a beating in conservative circles. But being the typical liberal that he is, he tries to rewrite history to fit his arguments. But all this ads up to is one big ball of fail.

CueSi
08-01-2010, 02:28 AM
It's obvious that Stupidicus doesn't pay attention or he intentionally leaves out facts. Fact is, conservatives killed Bush over the prescription drug thing. Rush, Hannity, O'Reilly, Boortz, Coulter, all of the pundits killed him over it. See, unlike liberals and Democrats, we conservatives don't willingly get on our knees and such down every drop that comes out of our party's president's cock. Not to mention that the Republican congress took a beating in conservative circles. But being the typical liberal that he is, he tries to rewrite history to fit his arguments. But all this ads up to is one big ball of fail.

I'm never sucking dick again due to this comparison....:mad:

~QC

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 08:37 AM
Actually, it would be Congresses budget. The same Congress was a member of for 129 days before he decided he was experienced enough to run for POTUS.

Facts are pesky thing ain't they dipshit.

WRONG. The President submits his budget to congress you idiot.

Sonnabend
08-01-2010, 09:43 AM

And Congress approves it. hence, they own it.

Jfor
08-01-2010, 10:34 AM

You are such a fucking stooge. Congress adds everything they want to the budget. Just like adding shit to war spending bills that don't have anything to do with the war.

Rockntractor
08-01-2010, 10:36 AM

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/illiterate_moron_551175.jpg?t=1280673346

PoliCon
08-01-2010, 11:25 AM

Where the CONGRESS reshapes it - changes it - adds to it - subtracts from it - and THEY are more responsible than is the president because THEY have the power of the purse you fucktard MORON. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
08-01-2010, 11:34 AM
[I]WASHINGTON, May 3 The Congressional Research Service says the Bush administration apparently violated federal [/url]

A couple of liberal rags state that Bush APPARENTLY violated federal law. No charges and no proof. So, you got nothing dummie.

When is the Jackass in the WH going to take responsibility for his f...ups.

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 02:08 PM
You are such a fucking stooge. Congress adds everything they want to the budget. Just like adding shit to war spending bills that don't have anything to do with the war.

Wrong , it was Bush who SENT congress the first ever 3.1 trillion dollar budget.

Congress didn't send a 3 trillion dollar budget to the President you fucking morons.

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 02:24 PM
A couple of liberal rags state that Bush APPARENTLY violated federal law

So , The Chief Medicare Actuary, Richard S. Foster, is a 'liberal rag' ?

Another idiotic statement.

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 02:25 PM

Wrong , it was Bush who SENT congress the first ever 3.1 trillion dollar budget.

Congress didn't send a 3 trillion dollar budget to the President you fucking morons.

Rockntractor
08-01-2010, 02:27 PM

Looks like another thread that should be locked in the whiny lib bitch zone!:rolleyes:

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 02:28 PM
Looks like another thread that should be locked in the whiny lib bitch zone!:rolleyes:

Just stating facts.

It seems some here thought congress sent the President the budget.

An absurd thought to say the least.

Zathras
08-01-2010, 02:37 PM
http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/6a9a1678-c07f-4787-983d-e3bbb770567e.jpg.

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 02:40 PM
Yep, the #1 troller shows up and spams all the threads with the same picture.

In the next breath the mods pretend they actually have a job here.

Pretty pathetic.

Zathras
08-01-2010, 02:42 PM
http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/6a9a1678-c07f-4787-983d-e3bbb770567e.jpg

Just translating your pathetic ramblings into a more compact form Stupidicus.

BadCat
08-01-2010, 02:43 PM

Pretty pathetic.

Not as pathetic as not having a job and living off your wife...like YOU.

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 02:43 PM
why do you live in probably the most liberal state in the nation ?

I don't get it.

BadCat
08-01-2010, 02:45 PM
why do you live in probably the most liberal state in the nation ?

I don't get it.

I don't.

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 02:49 PM
I don't.

Sorry , I was talking to Zathras

Where do you live anyway

Zathras
08-01-2010, 02:50 PM
I don't.

I think Stupidicus was directing that question at me BC. I live in Cali because of family obligations.

Why are you such a mind numbed robot parroting the talking points of the DNC?

BadCat
08-01-2010, 02:50 PM
Sorry , I was talking to Zathras

Where do you live anyway

Right north of you.

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 02:51 PM
Right north of you.

Sorry to hear about that, although you probably fit right in.

BadCat
08-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear about that, although you probably fit right in.

As you fit in so well in Key West. That's your kinda town dude. Did you get your rainbow flag yet?

Rockntractor
08-01-2010, 02:59 PM
As you fit in so well in Key West. That's your kinda town dude. Did you get your rainbow flag yet?

He is still fitting new and different things into his body orifices.:eek:

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 03:00 PM

My town is a grab bag of the states , tourists are everywhere, all the time.

I see Georgia and Alabama cars every day , many many times a day. It seems some of your neighbors also fit in here.

Gives them a chance to come out of the closet.

But if you could do just one thing ? ..and tell your neighbors that are coming to wear a little more clothes, cause DAMN , to much white fat skin showing, and to little clothes, no shame, no shame.

Rockntractor
08-01-2010, 03:03 PM

I see Georgia and Alabama cars every day , many many times a day. It seems some of your neighbors also fit in here.

But if you could do just one thing ? ..and tell your neighbors that are coming to wear a little more clothes, cause DAMN , to much white fat skin showing, and to little clothes, no shame, no shame.

Did you find a nice off ramp to collect donations on? What does your sign say?

BadCat
08-01-2010, 03:04 PM

And what does your wife think of you being gay?

You still with her, or did she boot your worthless ass?

Hey, do me a favour, there's a strip joint kind of in an alley off of Duval, act straight for a second and see if a chick named Rita still works there.

hampshirebrit
08-01-2010, 03:32 PM

Pretty pathetic.

Stop your whining, you big gay baby.

Apocalypse
08-01-2010, 04:10 PM

Hey, do me a favour, there's a strip joint kind of in an alley off of Duval, act straight for a second and see if a chick named Rita still works there.

Well considering he spends his entire day on here and the DUmp, and likely several other sites, I doubt she is putting up with his worthless ass and moved onto a real man that will take care of ALL of her needs.

Satanicus
08-01-2010, 04:22 PM

Is it Bare Assests ?

BadCat
08-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Is it Bare Assests ?

No, she was working at the Red Garter.

Jfor
08-01-2010, 06:41 PM

Pretty pathetic.

Yes you did and time for to go home.

namvet
08-01-2010, 06:53 PM
WASHINGTON, May 3 The Congressional Research Service says the Bush administration apparently violated federal law by ordering the chief Medicare actuary to withhold information from Congress indicating that the new Medicare law could cost far more than White House officials had said......The actuary, Richard S. Foster, has testified that he was ordered to withhold the cost estimates last year, when Congress was considering legislation to add a drug benefit to Medicare. The order, he said, came from Thomas A. Scully, who was then the administrator of Medicare.

Mr. Foster said Mr. Scully threatened to discipline him for insubordination if he gave Congress the data.

The research service, a nonpartisan arm of Congress, said Mr. Scully's order ''would appear to violate a specific and express prohibition of federal law.'' The actuary, it said, has a duty to ''make professional and reliable cost estimates, unfettered by any particular partisan agenda.''
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/04/us/agency-sees-withholding-of-medicare-data-from-congress-as-illegal.html

http://articles.sfgate.com/2004-07-07/news/17437126_1_medicare-drug-benefits-richard-s-foster-medicare-officials

http://www.ucsusa.org/scientific_integrity/abuses_of_science/medicare-drug-bill.html

http://fas.org/sgp/library/waxman.pdf

you DO realize we are gonna blame Osama for everything for at least the next 100 years. so get your ears/eyes examined !!!!

asdf2231
08-03-2010, 10:34 AM

Pretty pathetic.

Actually I can pretty much speak for the Mods in that they think you are a parasitic ass flea.

And I take offense at your comment there because it implies that we do not do anything here at CU.

We have a LOT of things that we do on a daily basis. For instance, I had to move this thread into "Stupid Liberal Tricks" after you started it because it was a more apropos venue.

The difference between HERE and your usual internet skank hole is that unlike DU *YOU* weren't banned for having a differing viewpoint as soon as you opened your mouth and confirmed your stupidity. Nor were you banned for being the kind of fucking loser who has to RE-register from some place that has already banned them for being a fucking loser. Nor were you banned when you went full retard in your postings.

Which is kinda nice of us. Given that you were banned from at least one place for letting alcohol or pharmaceutical use overwhelm whatever passes for good sense in whats left of your brain to the point where you tried to arrange a meeting with a Marine who you threatened to kill or do bodily harm to. You got all bad ass stalker and told him you knew where he worked and shit?

Would have LOVED to have seen that by the way. You would have been an idiot of the week story on a few blogs. Not only is he a world class marksman, by all indications he is a fucking amazing gun hand at tactical drills if his videos were any indication. Which goes to show that you are dumb enough to go out of your weight class on more than just mentality when picking fights to feed your inner prick.

Though I may be selling you short. Anyone who is internet Bad Ass enough to say they would sic their dawgs on homeless people as well as committing manslaughter or 2nd degree murder against them might be fucking psycho enough to actually partially inconvenience a dude before they killed your worthless ass.

Nobody here takes you seriously as a man, an intellectual presence or, well, hell... Nobody here takes you seriously. Period.

You my friend are life's bitch. Some of us are, ya know, sensitive enough that we think it's kinda cute that you come here to try to get your manhood pumped up into some reasonable facimile of normality usually denied it. I mean you probably run from your keyboard to the bedroom all pumped up from your internet machismo that you're able to go the full three minutes!

Your President that you ball slobbered over has had a majority in all three houses and has not been able (or is unwilling) to do A. Godamn. Thing. He. Promised. *YOU!* :) War? Club Gitmo? Rendition? Investigations and prosecutions? Social change? Gay Marriage? Gays in the military?

Fuck man, about ALL he managed to do was oversee the biggest corporate handout in history. So seeing as you were, ahem, impotent enough that you couldn't keep Bush out for 8 years and then worked your widdle heart out Hill' stomping during the primaries for a guy who basically told you "so long and thanks for the fucking fish" after he got your vote... Well sheeeit negro! You really *need* a place where you feel like you can shake your tiny fist and get noticed.

When you're done telling us all how dumb we are and how were such total losers because you say you pwnd us good!, don't forget to do the dishes and get the other stuff done before your hubby gets home and gets mad you were on the internet all day. Man! Must suck when you pretend to try to find work down there. What with all those ilegals working jobs for half or what they would have to pay you. But hell, just goes to prove they are doing the work Americans don't wanna do.

You have a nice day now! :)

djones520
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Oh Shit!

asdf2231
08-03-2010, 10:49 AM
I'm sorry I posted that up there and may have given the impression that Barrack Hope And Change Obama has actually accomplished NOTHING here in his presidency. That is NOT the case and I believe he has actually achieved something that will put him in the record books.

He's logged MORE golf hours than any other Single Te... ahem, FIRST term Presidents. Ever!

Probably not as good as prosecuting Bush and Cheny and the guys at Halliburton but hey, at least you guys can point to something! :D

NJCardFan
08-03-2010, 10:54 AM

Game. Set. Match.

Zafod
08-03-2010, 04:05 PM
why do you people keep trying with the little kept little house boy?

Sonnabend
08-04-2010, 06:04 AM
ASDF

I am in awe, sir

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYRxf13tIg