PDA

View Full Version : My 12-year-old daughter summed it up nicely.

SarasotaRepub
08-02-2010, 06:56 AM
Street Cred Thread!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8862474) :D

kag (121 posts) Mon Aug-02-10 12:05 AM
Original message My 12-year-old daughter summed it up nicely.

We were talking about different presidents, in particular those who have been accused of wrong-doing. I brought up John Adams, Andrew Johnson and a few others. She has, of course, lived her whole sentient life under W and then Obama, so those are her only real points of reference.

She said, "So those guys did stuff that was found unconstitutional years later, while W did stuff that was found unconstitutional years BEFORE."

Pretty bright, my girl.

Newbie needs some cred points so what better way to do it than with a story about his widdle girl and the ebil W!!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

djones520
08-02-2010, 06:59 AM
You mean Miss Chleo saw he'd violate the Constitution?

Your kids a prime example why they make you wait till your 18 to vote.

NJCardFan
08-02-2010, 11:08 AM
What "stuff" did the founders do that was unconstitutional?

djones520
08-02-2010, 11:12 AM

Alien and Sedition Acts are the first thing to mind for Adams. Not quite sure what Jackson did though. *shrugs*

Edit: Maybe it was his attempts to kill the Electoral College? Not sure why DUmmies would be upset about that though.

FlaGator
08-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Alien and Sedition Acts are the first thing to mind for Adams. Not quite sure what Jackson did though. *shrugs*

Edit: Maybe it was his attempts to kill the Electoral College? Not sure why DUmmies would be upset about that though.

Jackson spit tobacco juice on the carpet and is thus should have been executed, impreached and barred form presenting cases before the Supreme Court for 10 years... in that order.

FDK
08-02-2010, 11:18 PM
Jackson spit tobacco juice on the carpet and is thus should have been executed, impreached and barred form presenting cases before the Supreme Court for 10 years... in that order.

Probably didn't kick back in the Oval Office and throw his feet up on the desk while the country went to hell.

Did they have golf back then?

m00
08-04-2010, 07:47 PM

I guess they set up case law and stare decisis (judicial precedent), and I don't think the constitution has anything about that.