PDA

View Full Version : Hoyer: End of Bush tax cuts is “Republican tax increase,”

NJCardFan
08-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Talk about stupid is as stupid does...

Hoyer: End of Bush tax cuts is “Republican tax increase,” wealthy are not “working Americans”

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said on Wednesday that the expiration built into the Bush tax cuts is a “Republican tax increase” for “working Americans” and the Democrats have “no intention” of allowing it to go into effect.

“We have no intention of allowing the Republican tax increase — that their policies would lead to — to go into effect for working Americans. Period,” he said. “We’re going to act and make sure that the Republican phase out and increase in taxes does not end as they provided for in the laws they passed.”

Hoyer’s press secretary told CNSNews.com in an e-mail that the Democratic Majority Leader was referring to the “middle class” when he said “working Americans.”

Link (http://dailycaller.com/2010/07/30/hoyer-end-of-bush-tax-cuts-is-republican-tax-increase-wealthy-are-not-working-americans/)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is as bad as it gets and I saw this coming. They are going to extend the Bush Tax Cuts and call it their own. I've been saying this for the past 6 months. But what's worse is the lie that Hoyer tells in the bolded statement above. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature knows that Bush didn't have the votes to get the cuts permanent so he compromised with a 9 year window with the intention of either extending them or making them permanent. But the Democrats didn't want it and for the past 4 years wouldn't extend them. Now when they see the writing on the wall, they're singing a different tune. Politics as usual for them. Funny how they forget that the Republicans have been calling for making the cuts permanent for years and the Dems have been on their "tax cuts for the wealthy" rant for years and now all of a sudden the expiration is the GOP's fault. Sorry Steny, we know the truth.

As for the "wealthy are not working Americans" if this doesn't make this idiot the biggest asshole in congress nothing does.

djones520
08-02-2010, 11:09 AM
*face palm*

They don't hold much stock for the intelligence of American's do they?

lacarnut
08-02-2010, 11:13 AM
The voters are tired of this gotcha politics. I don't care who gets credit for extending the Bush tax cuts. Just get er done.

BTW, it is not going to help them in Nov. with these shenanigans

NJCardFan
08-02-2010, 01:18 PM
*face palm*

They really don't. They're banking on the uneducated and uninformed voter populace. But as I said, a majority of Americans know the truth. Hopefully these same people will be voting in November.

swirling_vortex
08-02-2010, 03:05 PM
Republican tax increase? Yes, because Bush in 2001 deliberately planned it out that he knew the Democrats would be in power by 2010, so he wanted the tax cuts to expire on them.

Stupidity knows no bounds for these people.

Satanicus
08-02-2010, 05:52 PM
Republican tax increase? Yes, because Bush in 2001 deliberately planned it out that he knew the Democrats would be in power by 2010, so he wanted the tax cuts to expire on them.

Stupidity knows no bounds for these people.

WRONG.

The tax cuts could have been permanant , do you know why they have an expiration date ?

Constitutionally Speaking
08-02-2010, 05:55 PM
WRONG.

The tax cuts could have been permanant , do you know why they have an expiration date ?

Yes I do. Democrats would not have allowed it otherwise.

Satanicus
08-02-2010, 05:57 PM

What are you saying ? ..The Dems demanded there be an expiration date and then they would vote for it ?

lacarnut
08-02-2010, 06:03 PM
What are you saying ? ..The Dems demanded there be an expiration date and then they would vote for it ?

I am saying this little game the Democraps are playing will not help them in Nov. They will get trounced.

Satanicus
08-02-2010, 06:05 PM
I am saying this little game the Democraps are playing will not help them in Nov. They will get trounced.

Do you know why they expire ?

CS has gone off to find out , so should you.

Satanicus
08-02-2010, 06:47 PM

Democrats NEVER allowed it , Bush did an 'end run around congress' and 'jammed it through' by using
reconciliation.

And when you do that , it has to have an expiration date.

Did you learn something ?

08-02-2010, 07:06 PM
Democrats NEVER allowed it , Bush did an 'end run around congress' and 'jammed it through' by using
reconciliation.

My point exactly you asshole democrats would not allow it. It was the only way to pass it.

Satanicus
08-02-2010, 07:27 PM
My point exactly you asshole democrats would not allow it. It was the only way to pass it.

WRONG.

Your words are ...

"Yes I do. Democrats would not have allowed it otherwise."

This post implies the Dems allowed it because Bush put an expiration date on it....OTHERWISE they would have been against it.

Does it change your opinion knowing Bush rammed the cuts through and did an end run around congress ?

Rockntractor
08-02-2010, 07:30 PM
WRONG.

Your words are ...

This post implies the Dems allowed it because Bush put an expiration date on it....OTHERWISE they would have been against it.

Does it change your opinion knowing Bush rammed the cuts through and did an end run around congress ?
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Mike_Wazowski.jpg?t=1280722288

08-02-2010, 07:41 PM
WRONG.

Your words are ...

Um no. I know exactly what happened and how. I described it accurately. You are simply too stupid to understand plain english.

fettpett
08-02-2010, 08:30 PM
damn....talk about revisionist history with this fucktard...(not JUST refering to Hoyer)

Pretty clearly remember that the Dems kept saying that the tax cuts had to be paid for even though they brought in more taxes receipts than not, and they demanded they had a sunset provision and pretty much demanded that they end when Bush and the GOP was trying to get them made permanent

NJCardFan
08-02-2010, 11:09 PM
reconciliation.

Then you know what shit for brains? Then Hoyer and the rest of the shitbags in congress should stop beating their gums and make them permanent. Do it now. Don't hem haw around trying to blame Bush yet again for something they're going to fuck up. Democrats have stiff armed any attempt to make the Bush tax cuts permanent and you fucking know it. The fucking idiots in your party have the majority to make it happen but they won't. They're going to let them expire then use revisionist history to blame Bush and the Republicans because, as they always do, it's all about politics and staying in power and not doing what's right.

NJCardFan
08-02-2010, 11:13 PM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Mike_Wazowski.jpg?t=1280722288

Mike Wizowski!

Satanicus
08-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Um no. I know exactly what happened and how. I described it accurately. You are simply too stupid to understand plain english.

Why did you post that the democrats "allowed it"

They never allowed it.

You said they allowed it because there was an expiration date, OTHERWISE they wouldn't have allowed it.

Your own words are right in this thread.

08-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Why did you post that the democrats "allowed it"

They never allowed it.

You said they allowed it because there was an expiration date, OTHERWISE they wouldn't have allowed it.

Your own words are right in this thread.

You really ARE stupid aren't you.

djones520
08-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Here is a bit of history. The 2003 relief act had the 2011 sunset on it because it was more an expansion of the 2001 bill. The 2001 bill had the 10 year sunset on is because it needed to in order to get by the Bryd rule which the Democrats would have used to shoot it down in the Senate.

After it's initial passage it can be extended indefinitely by a vote in Congress. Such a vote was attempted, but shot down by the Democrats. So Hoyer is flat out lying when he says this.

The 10 year sunset had to be included so that the Democrats wouldn't kill the bill, and when an attempt was made to remove the sunset, Democrats killed it.

So the only ones responsible for this is the Democrats. Hoyer would be good to remember this since he voted against it everytime.

obx
08-03-2010, 09:49 AM
You really ARE stupid aren't you.

With a capital F.
________
Babi mac proved that (http://babimac.com/)

NJCardFan
08-03-2010, 10:59 AM
With a capital F.
That's because he does nothing but parrot whatever pablum the left feeds him. He doesn't research. His information is gotten from such websites like mediamatters, moveon, and the like.

Satanicus
08-03-2010, 05:15 PM
Here is a bit of history. The 2003 relief act had the 2011 sunset on it because it was more an expansion of the 2001 bill. The 2001 bill had the 10 year sunset on is because it needed to in order to get by the Bryd rule which the Democrats would have used to shoot it down in the Senate..

So we agree 100%.

They had to use reconciliation, and that is why it sunsets.

It seems you just confirmed everything I posted. Why would you act as if we don't agree and that I was wrong ?

Zathras
08-03-2010, 05:38 PM
http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/3792c23e-2a46-4089-aab5-d21477e0b8bb.jpg

Fixed again.

Satanicus
08-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Mods.

Take a bow. Your doing a great job.

I never met someone who came to a forum to post childish pics ...EVERY POST.

Check the past posts for Zathras , EVERY post is just like the one above.

Why would someone come to a forum to do that ? ..no debate, no discussion, just an empty head and an internet connection in moms basement.

But really , why would you come here to do just that ? , how pathetic.

Articulate_Ape
08-03-2010, 05:58 PM
Mods.

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/OK.jpg

Satanicus
08-03-2010, 06:00 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/OK.jpg

Put your money where your mouth is.

Post your pic.. I have many times on this site.

Thats what I thought

PoliCon
08-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Put your money where your mouth is.

Post your pic.. I have many times on this site.

Thats what I thought

http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/hmm_yes_i_see_youre_a_moron_trollcat.jpg

Zathras
08-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Mods.

Why would someone come to a forum to do that ? ..no debate, no discussion, just an empty head and an internet connection in moms basement.

http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/you-fucking-crybaby.jpg

asdf2231
08-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Mods.

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l307/asdf2231/shortbus/hat.jpg.

Hawkgirl
08-04-2010, 07:31 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLL this thead...

Satanicus...you're a masochist!

Hawkgirl
08-04-2010, 07:32 PM
As for Hoyer...nice going there...insulting the american public with your stupid stunts. November can't come fast enough!

m00
08-04-2010, 09:12 PM
*face palm*

With good reason. Look at who they elected.

m00
08-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Mods.

Take a bow. Your doing a great job..

You realize that moderating a private forum isn't a job, it's a hobby. One that provides a service to the private community the forum caters to. And often, I surmise, a rather thankless one. You do know what a job is, right?

Hawkgirl
08-04-2010, 09:34 PM
You do know what a job is, right?

From what I hear, no. Irony.