PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Off That Fat.

Gingersnap
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
Freeze off that fat: Instead of melting away your flab with a laser, the hottest craze from America is to chill it to death

By Anjana Gosai
Last updated at 9:36 AM on 2nd August 2010

Treatments based on the concept of melting away fat cells with heat based lasers have become commonplace. But the hottest new weight-loss procedure to arrive in the UK does the complete opposite - it freezes hard-to-shift flab to death. Fresh from the U.S., this innovative machine goes by the name of Zeltiq, and uses a cooling method called cryolipolysis to target, chill and break down fat cells.

Developed by boffins at Harvard University and Massachusetts General Hospital, Zeltiq has proved a massive hit across the pond since being introduced a year ago - and now it's coming to the UK.

Experts are heralding the non-invasive procedure as a revolutionary new concept in weight loss.

'For years, we've been heating fat to melt it away,' says new York dermatologist Dr David Goldberg, who was involved in the clinical trials of Zeltiq. 'Now it appears that the opposite approach is more effective than other non-invasive procedures.'

Tests have shown that just one treatment is capable of destroying up to 25 per cent of fat cells in the area. so how does it work?

'The cryolipolysis process gradually extracts body heat from the subcutaneous levels of fat (the layer that lies just under the skin),' explains Dr Goldberg.

'The temperature of the fat cells goes right down to zero degrees celsius - literally freezing them. Extremely low temperatures kill the fat cells without affecting either the skin or muscles. The dead cells are then removed naturally by the body through the liver.'

For those with stubborn pockets of flab, the treatment could be a godsend. Patients are seeing impressive results on thicker and smaller areas of fat, such as love handles (the fat on the side of the hips), pot bellies and back rolls. Unfortunately, Zeltiq is less effective at attacking larger zones of fat found around the bottom and thighs, but makers say they are working on an applicator to target these regions.

Those after a quick fix will be disappointed to learn that inch-loss is not immediate. It can take anything from two to three months for the dead fat cells to naturally leave the body through the urine, and results to appear.

:eek:

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1299505/Instead-melting-away-flab-laser-hottest-craze-America-freeze-death.html#ixzz0vYQUtuvg

obx
08-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Post treatment Obama's head would weigh six ounces.
________
Blonde Stripping (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/323/stripping/videos/1)

noonwitch
08-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Lipo still sounds like the best shorcut method. Plus, diet and exercise can only go so far-lipo can get rid of the remnants.

I'm probably going to have to have skin removal at some point. I've still got 25 lbs or so to go to my goal, but an adult person can't lose 80-90 lbs (which is about what the total will be when I get there) without having some excess skin.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-03-2010, 04:45 PM
I guess there really is some truth to the old saying "I'm freezing my ass off!" :D

Gingersnap
08-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Lipo still sounds like the best shorcut method. Plus, diet and exercise can only go so far-lipo can get rid of the remnants.

I'm probably going to have to have skin removal at some point. I've still got 25 lbs or so to go to my goal, but an adult person can't lose 80-90 lbs (which is about what the total will be when I get there) without having some excess skin.

Instead of thinking of it as "skin removal" (which sounds kind of gross), why not just plan on having a mommy-makeover? They aren't just for actual "mommies". ;)

Rockntractor
08-03-2010, 08:42 PM

Save it and make a hand bag or some gloves or something!:D