PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Votes to Block Obama Health Care Mandate

djones520
08-04-2010, 06:42 AM
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. -- Missouri voters on Tuesday overwhelmingly rejected a key provision of President Barack Obama's health care law, sending a clear message of discontent to Washington and Democrats less than 100 days before the midterm elections.

About 71 percent of Missouri voters backed a ballot measure, Proposition C, that would prohibit the government from requiring people to have health insurance or from penalizing them for not having it.

The Missouri law conflicts with a federal requirement that most people have health insurance or face penalties starting in 2014.

Tuesday's vote was seen as largely symbolic because federal law generally trumps state law. But it was also seen as a sign of growing voter disillusionment with federal policies and a show of strength by conservatives and the tea party movement.

"To us, it symbolized everything," said Annette Read, a tea party participant from suburban St. Louis who quit her online retail job to lead a yearlong campaign for the Missouri ballot measure. "The entire frustration in the country ... how our government has misspent, how they haven't listened to the people, this measure in general encompassed all of that."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/03/missouri-votes-block-health-insurance-mandate/

SarasotaRepub
08-04-2010, 07:17 AM
Oh No!!! MO doesn't love O anymore????:D

warpig
08-04-2010, 07:37 AM
The rest of the states need to do the same. We all need to show the Feds who is the boss.

Mike Honcho
08-04-2010, 09:13 AM
To quote, "this is a big effin deal". Hopefully more to follow

marv
08-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Wife and I cast our votes yesterday.........

As to Federal supremacy of law, that depends on the constitutionality of the Federal law involved. Looks kinda iffy.........

namvet
08-04-2010, 09:52 AM
MO is where i live. i do hope this isn't BS.

PoliCon
08-04-2010, 10:48 AM
Oh No!!! MO doesn't love O anymore????:D

Wasn't Satanicus just claiming that more red states were gonna be swinging blue in this next election?

namvet
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
nlcsD-Q5vGg

NJCardFan
08-04-2010, 11:04 AM
Wasn't Satanicus just claiming that more red states were gonna be swinging blue in this next election?

For the most part, most people don't like being told what to do. Obumble and Co. telling everyone that you have to have insurance or else rubbed people the wrong way, liberal and conservative alike. Yes liberals love the idea of universal healthcare but not at the expense of making their own choices. Sure the dog washers lap up the pablum that is fed them for the most part, people like to do their own thing and are quite comfortable with their current insurance plans and don't want it messed with hence the message sent by Missouri. Now if they can only ditch that Kusinich guy...;)

SaintLouieWoman
08-05-2010, 12:37 AM
For the most part, most people don't like being told what to do. Obumble and Co. telling everyone that you have to have insurance or else rubbed people the wrong way, liberal and conservative alike. Yes liberals love the idea of universal healthcare but not at the expense of making their own choices. Sure the dog washers lap up the pablum that is fed them for the most part, people like to do their own thing and are quite comfortable with their current insurance plans and don't want it messed with hence the message sent by Missouri. Now if they can only ditch that Kusinich guy...;)

Missouri is the "Show Me" state. Obama isn't showing them what they want to see.

I watched the local results come in last night. The lib tv station was incredulous that about 73% of Missourians rejected the Obama healthcare. The reporters actually said the words---the voters don't approve of the Obama plan. I bet it about killed them to say that.

PoliCon
08-05-2010, 01:00 AM
outside of the elitists - the welfare queens - and the union hacks - who does approve of his plan?

namvet
08-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Missouri is the "Show Me" state. Obama isn't showing them what they want to see.

I watched the local results come in last night. The lib tv station was incredulous that about 73% of Missourians rejected the Obama healthcare. The reporters actually said the words---the voters don't approve of the Obama plan. I bet it about killed them to say that.

I sent emails to both McCaskill and Bond. pack your bags. your finished !!!!

SaintLouieWoman
08-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I sent emails to both McCaskill and Bond. pack your bags. your finished !!!!

Bond will be gone anyway. Who replaces him worries me. Saw Ms Robin Carnahan on the local news (getting way more time than Blunt), proclaiming herself basically as an outside. Sure, with her governor father, bro, mother in congress, etc. At least Blunt isn't stupid enough to call himself an outsider.

In a way I'm glad I'm not in Missouri---get too upset when I hear their nonsense. The stuff down in Florida is just plain crazy. They're really getting vicious here, but sort of funny in a bizarre way. It's Florida, I'd expect no less. :D

namvet
08-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Bond will be gone anyway. Who replaces him worries me. Saw Ms Robin Carnahan on the local news (getting way more time than Blunt), proclaiming herself basically as an outside. Sure, with her governor father, bro, mother in congress, etc. At least Blunt isn't stupid enough to call himself an outsider.

In a way I'm glad I'm not in Missouri---get too upset when I hear their nonsense. The stuff down in Florida is just plain crazy. They're really getting vicious here, but sort of funny in a bizarre way. It's Florida, I'd expect no less. :D

yeah she's outside all right. but inside Osama's pants !!!!

NJCardFan
08-06-2010, 11:29 PM

And Obama and his merry band of idiots will still exclaim "Let them eat cake!" How many times have we heard their mantra "the majority of American people want this or that", well here is a majority of Americans in at least 1 state telling you that they don't want that mandate not to mention that a majority of Americans (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html) overall don't want it.