PDA

View Full Version : apology for A bomb ???

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:01 PM
another bow wow imminent??? Osama has plans to send a delegation to Hiroshima to observe the 65th anniversary dropping of the A bomb. is this a "said" or "un said " apology?? or an attempt to re writing history.

Son of Pilot Who Dropped A-Bomb Opposes Plan to Send U.S. Delegation to Hiroshima Ceremony

EXCLUSIVE: The son of the U.S. Air Force pilot who dropped the first atomic bomb in the history of warfare says the Obama administration's decision to send a U.S. delegation to a ceremony in Japan to mark the 65th anniversary of the attack on Hiroshima is an "unsaid apology" and appears to be an attempt to "rewrite history."

James Tibbets, son of Brig. Gen. Paul W. Tibbets, Jr., says Friday's visit to Hiroshima by U.S. Ambassador John Roos is an act of contrition that his late father would never have approved.

source (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/08/04/tibbets-son-disapproves-plan-send-delegation-hiroshima-ceremony/)

http://www.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/Politics/tibbets640_397x224.jpg

the 509th bomb wing is just down the road from me at whiteman AFB. at his request Gen. Paul W. Tibbets is buried in an unmarked grave to prevent protesters

Articulate_Ape
08-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry that we only had two.

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:09 PM
the dropping of those bombs is still today a hot button issue. would make a good post for discussion. libtards calls them criminals for doing it. ive seen members banned on this topic. tempers do flare

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I'm sorry that we only had two.

Oak Ridge was preparing to roll em out on the assembly line.

I also heard a 2nd B-29 was in route while Tibbets was in the air. just in case his didn't detonate.

Articulate_Ape
08-04-2010, 08:20 PM
the dropping of those bombs is still today a hot button issue. would make a good post for discussion. libtards calls them criminals for doing it. ive seen members banned on this topic. tempers do flare

I'd just tell them it was pulled off with the first openly Gay airplane in the US military. If they don't ask, we won't tell.

m00
08-04-2010, 08:21 PM

"Criminal" is an interesting word. It could be called a lot of things - immoral, unethical, and extremely naive. But probably also necessary (although, we'll never know). And, in my opinion, conceivably the best possible solution given what we had and knew at the time - especially because it ultimately saved civilian lives and left much of Japan's national industry and infrastructure intact. Postwar Japan would have been a much uglier place, if the war was won any other way.

But "criminal" means, specifically, there are laws that were broken and also an entity willing to enforce those laws. Since we won the war, and winners write laws, it will never be criminal. Maybe some people just don't understand what it means to be a winner. :D

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:26 PM
I'd just tell them it was pulled off with the first openly Gay airplane in the US military. If they don't ask, we won't tell.

best be wearing a flame retardent suit when posting that :D

Articulate_Ape
08-04-2010, 08:29 PM
best be wearing a flame retardent suit when posting that :D

Hey, no worries, I have been retarding stuff for years. :D

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:30 PM
"Criminal" is an interesting word. It could be called a lot of things - immoral, unethical, and extremely naive. But probably also necessary (although, we'll never know). And, in my opinion, conceivably the best possible solution given what we had and knew at the time - especially because it ultimately saved civilian lives and left much of Japan's national industry and infrastructure intact. Postwar Japan would have been a much uglier place, if the war was won any other way.

But "criminal" means, specifically, there are laws that were broken and also an entity willing to enforce those laws. Since we won the war, and winners write laws, it will never be criminal. Maybe some people just don't understand what it means to be a winner. :D

Truman almost certainly would have been impeached if he did not use em.

m00
08-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Truman almost certainly would have been impeached if he did not use em.

You know, I never heard that before. But I don't really know a whole lot about the domestic political atmosphere of that era.

NJCardFan
08-04-2010, 08:45 PM
Had we not dropped those bombs, WWII would have drug on for Lord knows how many more years and cost Lord knows how many lives on both sides. Now, being the revisionist historians that they are, dropping the A Bombs on Japan pales in comparison what the Japanese Imperial Army did to the Chinese. Japan wasn't innocent victims in any way. They were brutal and their war crimes were pretty on par with what the Nazi's did. Just google Nanjing Massacre to see what I mean. And as was said, Japan is a much better country for the way things ended.

As for libtards calling us criminals, I hope they realize that it was a Democratic President and a Democratically controlled House and Senate who made that call. And it was a correct call.

m00
08-04-2010, 08:48 PM
They were brutal and their war crimes were pretty on par with what the Nazi's did. And as was said, Japan is a much better country for the way things ended..

This is definitely true. I read about some of the crazy experiments they did, like amputating people's arms and trying to reattach them backwards to see what would happen. Doing studies on how long the human body can survive extreme temperatures, etc. After the war, we were faced with a conundrum because we wanted to use that research to further legitimate science in the US (it's useful to know how many hours can a naked person survive in snow), but obviously the source of the information was very distasteful.

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:49 PM
You know, I never heard that before. But I don't really know a whole lot about the domestic political atmosphere of that era.

its really simple. American dead would have numbered in the millions from the invasion of the empire. if the bombs are not used, then greiving families back home find out he has a weapon that could have saved their relatives...........well payback would have been hell.

m00
08-04-2010, 08:50 PM
its really simple. American dead would have numbered in the millions from the invasion of the empire. if the bombs are not used, then greiving families back home find out he has a weapon that could have saved their relatives...........well payback would have been hell.

Yeah, but imagine all the ways it could have changed the face of the cold war.

SarasotaRepub
08-04-2010, 08:54 PM

Hot button only for those without a brain, like the dipshit kids and hippies that post on boards like DU and KOS. :D

Rockntractor
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Yeah, but imagine all the ways it could have changed the face of the cold war.

I can think of several countries I would like to give a nuclear spanking!

namvet
08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
a lotta foreigners chimed in on this. calling us criminals. most of them were Germans. go figure that one. did we get an apology for Pearl harbor??? no. not enough dead burned bodies. a non issue.

did someone say the japo's were brutal????

bAp8bSdE5MQ