PDA

View Full Version : Granny Pants Stage Comeback!

Gingersnap
08-05-2010, 04:30 PM
The big news in lingerie: Large knickers make comeback as Mad Men style leads the way

By Liz Hull
Last updated at 8:23 PM on 5th August 2010

http://i36.tinypic.com/23wwahz.jpg
Trend: Christina Hendricks' figure-hugging frocks have sparked a demand for control pants

It is final vindication for the Bridget Jones attitude to underwear. Big pants are making a fashion come back as women discard their thongs in favour of larger knickers.

The trend for high waist briefs is being credited to a revival in Fifties and Sixties waist-cinching styles, made famous by curvy actress Christina Hendricks on US TV drama Mad Men, which has helped big pants shake off their Bridget Jones image.

Up to twice the size of normal knickers, waist-nippers flatter the hourglass figure by trimming in a woman's stomach and pushing out the hips and breasts.

Lingerie retailers say a surge in demand for larger styles is also due to the patronage of stars, such as Lily Allen and Lady Gaga, who have sparked an 'underwear-as- outerwear' trend. Sales of the G-string have been falling dramatically over the past four years - ever since the thong became associated with football WAGs and chav culture.

Unflattering pictures of celebrities - such as Melanie Blatt, a singer with girl group All Saints - flashing their G-strings as they fell out of taxis and nightclubs, fuelled a backlash against the tiny string briefs.

TV presenter Trinny Woodall described women who wore thongs showing above their trousers as 'disgusting' and supermodel Elle Macpherson, who has her own underwear range, also described them as 'uncomfortable,' adding: 'Girls want real knickers now.'
According to a recent survey sales of big pants have soared dramatically in 2010 - up 42 per cent in just three months.

LOL! Thongs are uncomfortable and bikini/hiphugger underwear is problematic in terms of VPL.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1300629/Knickers-thongs-How-Mad-Men-look-sparked-demand-figure-flattering-Bridget-Jones-pants.html#ixzz0vlVfqYUH

Apache
08-05-2010, 04:33 PM
Just go commando and ferget about it...:p

Articulate_Ape
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
You knew all those hours sewing bloomers would pay off one day.

malloc
08-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Another perfect example of celubutards and the press not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground.

The thong is the single greatest invention since the light bulb, automobile, and bread slicer.

Every guy is thinking it, I just had to say it.

What the hell is a VPL? Is that some unit of measurement?

Articulate_Ape
08-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Another perfect example of celubutards and the press not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground.

The thong is the single greatest invention since the light bulb, automobile, and bread slicer.

Actually, the rest of us guys don't wear thongs, malloc. :p

malloc
08-05-2010, 04:45 PM
Actually, the rest of us guys don't wear thongs, malloc. :p

Well, you are missing out, because I'm dead sexy in a thong.

Gingersnap
08-05-2010, 05:10 PM
VPL = Visible Panty Line.

It doesn't matter how much you guys like thongs - they are firmly returning to the stripper closet where they originated. They don't feel good and they turned out to be a bacteria super-highway. Besides, we're fast approaching the day when only about 10% of women will be able to wear a thong and have it make any sense. Large women cannot wear thongs successfully.

I'm kind of glad to see a return to shapewear. Even regular-sized women look better with a little help. Pretty, Lacy shapewear will be a welcome change from the bike short look.

malloc
08-05-2010, 05:12 PM
VPL = Visible Panty Line.

It doesn't matter how much you guys like thongs - they are firmly returning to the stripper closet where they originated. They don't feel good and they turned out to be a bacteria super-highway. Besides, we're fast approaching the day when only about 10% of women will be able to wear a thong and have it make any sense. Large women cannot wear thongs successfully.

I'm kind of glad to see a return to shapewear. Even regular-sized women look better with a little help. Pretty, Lacy shapewear will be a welcome change from the bike short look.

Taps for thongs!? Now you've made me very sad. :(

fettpett
08-05-2010, 05:46 PM

personally I hate thongs, I like string bikini's and boy shorts.

PoliCon
08-05-2010, 08:05 PM

I have to disagree. I much prefer the little squared off 'boy shorts' to butt floss.

malloc
08-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I have to disagree. I much prefer the little squared off 'boy shorts' to butt floss.

I knew there was something wrong with you, I just couldn't pin it down.

PoliCon
08-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I knew there was something wrong with you, I just couldn't pin it down.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:yCPZVzim8obaVM:http://pikayanpikaruguam.com/images/lace_boyshorts.jpg&t=1 so much seksier than butt floss.

malloc
08-05-2010, 08:26 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:yCPZVzim8obaVM:http://pikayanpikaruguam.com/images/lace_boyshorts.jpg&t=1 so much seksier than butt floss.

I'm going to have to disagree. They are sexy, no doubt about it, but the thong is even sexier. I'll refrain from posting pics of, say, Bianca Beauchamp in a thong because that might be a little to risque' on this board.

Articulate_Ape
08-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Get a room, you two.

Gingersnap
08-05-2010, 09:56 PM
*Tiredly waves hand*

Boy shorts are the underpant of choice in my crowd followed by the seemingly passť "French Cut". Thongs are just too uncomfortable to wear for more than an hour or so. A lot depends too on body type and how low a woman likes her jeans. Most women I know have gone to higher rise jeans over the last couple of years so the "functional" thong is out.

Now that skirts have made a big comeback, thongs are even less relevant.