PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Passes Out Free Crack Pipes

malloc
08-06-2010, 06:40 PM
What economic crisis? Bureaucrats are floating in so much of our money, in Seattle they are passing out free crack pipes to drug fiends:

For more than 20 years, local heroin addicts have relied on a collection of needle exchanges for clean works. But in recent months, crack users too have quietly found an outlet in the city.

In a nondescript alley in the University District, users can pick up clean crack pipes, pipe filters and ascorbic acid for injecting crack.

Don't try opening a lemonade stand in the moonbattery-ravaged Pacific Northwest, but if you want to inject crack cocaine, Big Government is there to help.

Here's why the program funded in part by the Department of Public Health (i.e., taxpayers) is so crucial that money must be spent on it even as deficits explode and normal Americans struggle desperately to pay their taxes:

Just as sterile syringes reduce the spread of HIV and other diseases, new and unbroken glass pipes are believed to prevent lip cuts and the spread of hepatitis strains. Rubber tips and new filters ward off mouth burns. Ascorbic acid helps prevent users from using lemon juice to dissolve cocaine rocks into an injectable liquid a common practice that can lead to fungal infections.

Moonbattery Piece (http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2010/08/seattle-passes.html)
Original Story (http://www.seattlepi.com/local/424627_needleexchange05.html)

WTH? These are tax dollars going to keep crackheads safe while they continue to use crack? How about we remove the safeties and let the problem work itself out?

Gingersnap
08-06-2010, 07:16 PM
From the Index, it looked like they were passing out free crack. LOL! :D

malloc
08-06-2010, 07:23 PM
From the Index, it looked like they were passing out free crack. LOL! :D

That won't happen until after the next legislative session I think.

If I were to be stopped in Arizona with a crack pipe, or a marijuana pipe, and there were still crack/gonja residue on it, I would be busted for paraphernalia. Does Washington or Seattle have paraphernalia laws, or are there Federal paraphernalia laws? I'm just wondering if intentionally passing out drug paraphernalia violates any statutes.

lacarnut
08-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Don't these druggies ride the ferry to B.C. everyday to get their free fix of H ?