PDA

View Full Version : A Muslim victim of 9/11: 'Build your mosque somewhere else'

SarasotaRepub
08-07-2010, 09:10 AM
Incredible... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8896815) With only 3 answers when I found this, Teh Stupid is already overwhelming!!!

oberliner (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-07-10 08:23 AM
Original message A Muslim victim of 9/11: 'Build your mosque somewhere else'

Concluding paragraphs:

On the day I left Ground Zero shortly after the tragedy, I felt that I was abandoning my mother. It was like being forced to leave the bedside of a loved one who is dying, knowing you will never see her again. But I felt the love and respect of all those around me there, and it reassured me that she was being left in good hands. Since I cannot visit New York as often as I would like, I at least want to know that my mother can rest in peace.

I do not like harboring resentment or anger, but I do not want the death of my mother -- my best friend, my hero, my strength, my love -- to become even more politicized than it already is. To the supporters of this new Islamic cultural center, I must ask: Build your ideological monument somewhere else, far from my mother's grave, and let her rest.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/20... (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/08/06/AR2010080603006.html)

A muslim with some common sense writes and of course, this will not go over well in DUmmieLand. :rolleyes:

MountainMan
08-07-2010, 02:50 PM
Responses are predictable....and right on Que.
Smarmie Doofus Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Aug-07-10 09:09 AM
Response to Reply #2
4. Either that or require all Muslims south of 14th street....

... to don distinctive garb.

OR.... a small but plainly visibly yellow crescent pinned to their chest... if they are otherwise indistinguishable from ordinary citizens.

followed closely by
Orrex Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Aug-07-10 10:43 AM
Response to Reply #4
12. I like the cut of your jib

It won't be long before we can implement a controlled breeding program, and at that point can utopia be far behind?

MountainMan
08-07-2010, 02:55 PM
And of course a voice of reason... :rolleyes:
LiberalVoice (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Aug-07-10 01:53 PM
Response to Reply #11
13. You don't know why real estate in downtown manhatten is valuable?

Edited on Sat Aug-07-10 02:00 PM by LiberalVoice
"Given all the angst that this location is causing, I am just wondering why this particular spot is worth it."

The point of my post was just because some bigots have angst at the thought of having an Islamic center near ground zero doesn't mean their view should be taken into consideration when deciding a location.

Edit: I'm wondering why people think they have the right to question where this center is being built.

I question why everyday people like you are allowed to procreate....However, unless you are a complete fool, EVERYONE should not only question why a radical Imam would decide to place his hate filled rhetoric so close to ground zero but also the funding for allowing such a place to be built.

PoliCon
08-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I wonder if the Suadi's who are paying for this center will allow a Christian center to be built in the King Abdullah Financial District of Riyadh . . . . After all - fair is fair right?