PDA

View Full Version : What Is For Dinner

lacarnut
08-07-2010, 08:28 PM
I ate so much for lunch, I am stuffed and good for the rest of the evening. Went to a great Cajun restaurant in Henderston, LA called Pats. Out of this world seafood platter with fried oysters, shrimp, catfish, stuffed shrimp, stuffed crab and alligator.

Cooking red beans with a ham bone with plenty of meat on it for lunch tomorrow.

RobJohnson
08-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Took my mom and two of her friends to the China Wok buffet..it was good. Four of us ate for $25.

I've really been watching what I eat and have lost a couple of pounds, so I doubt I eat again today.

SarasotaRepub
08-07-2010, 09:20 PM
SLW and I just finished up some good chicken legs I did up on the grill!

And some veggies... :D

I made SPAM this morning...:D

RobJohnson
08-07-2010, 09:24 PM

I woke up at about 2 AM and could not sleep...felt hungry & ate a slice of SPAM. It's nice to keep on hand!

lacarnut
08-07-2010, 09:24 PM

I have not had Spam in many years. Spam sauteed in butter until golden brown is pretty good.

SarasotaRepub
08-07-2010, 09:28 PM
I have not had Spam in many years. Spam sauteed in butter until golden brown is pretty good.

Bingo! :D

That can was the last one I had. A certain wifey just gags but I did see a piece or two missing...

When she was up in St. Louis I got six cans of Hormel Corn Beef Hash. Yum...:D

lacarnut
08-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Bingo! :D

That can was the last one I had. A certain wifey just gags but I did see a piece or two missing...

When she was up in St. Louis I got six cans of Hormel Corn Beef Hash. Yum...:D

I cook the hash just like the spam and then slap some ketchup on it. Very good.

RobJohnson
08-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Spam, egg & cheese on a bagel or your choice of bread is very good....

lacarnut
08-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Spam, egg & cheese on a bagel or your choice of bread is very good....

Might try dat.

Rockntractor
08-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Buffalo spaghetti.

SarasotaRepub
08-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I cook the hash just like the spam and then slap some ketchup on it. Very good.

I cook the hash really crispy and then smash in some over easy eggs. :D

lacarnut
08-07-2010, 10:53 PM
My red beans and ham is just about done. I like a little rice and beans with my ham.:)

RobJohnson
08-08-2010, 01:50 AM
I walked over to my mom's house and we went to Carl's Jr for a quick dinner...they have a $1 burger that is pretty darn good...I had a fish sandwhich but ended up pulling the fish off the bun and ate it like that...not bad.

The bad thing is I left with a hand scooped vanillia malt....it was sooooo good.

Rockntractor
08-08-2010, 01:53 AM
I walked over to my mom's house and we went to Carl's Jr for a quick dinner...they have a $1 burger that is pretty darn good...I had a fish sandwhich but ended up pulling the fish off the bun and ate it like that...not bad.

The bad thing is I left with a hand scooped vanillia malt....it was sooooo good.

A malt sounds good right now but I would wake up that woman if I used the blender.:mad:

djones520
08-08-2010, 04:56 AM
It's sunday, so Steak and Lobster Tails.

SaintLouieWoman
08-08-2010, 10:37 AM
It's sunday, so Steak and Lobster Tails.

At least it sounds like they're feeding you well there.

djones520
08-08-2010, 10:45 AM

Eh. It's the same thing every week. It's good food the first couple of weeks, but afterwards the repitition makes it pretty old.

lacarnut
08-08-2010, 11:51 AM

You have got that right. Don't think I would ever tire of steak and lobster tails.

djones520
08-08-2010, 11:54 AM
You have got that right. Don't think I would ever tire of steak and lobster tails.

Sunday is about the only meal I enjoy around here. *shrugs* Guess I should complain. Could be eating MRE's for 6 months straight.

lacarnut
08-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Sunday is about the only meal I enjoy around here. *shrugs* Guess I should complain. Could be eating MRE's for 6 months straight.

Meals I had in the Army many years ago were not memorable. Pulling KP in my second 8 weeks of basic training I told the cook that something had been eating on the potato's I was peeling. He said, just cut the bad spots off the rats had been eatin on, peel the rest and throw them in the pot. I never ate at that mess hall again. I volunteered to pull KP at the officers club occasionally so that I would get some good food.

SaintLouieWoman
08-08-2010, 01:20 PM

You're just spoiled. :D Your wife is a really good cook. Hope that time flies by for you. Kudos again to you and to your family for the sacrifices you make. It has to be tough not seeing your little guy. Can you do the web cam thing from where you're based?

I saw the little grandson last weekend and already I'm missing him so much. He's walking so much faster now and looks like he's grown taller. They're calling tonight and we'll get the little camera going. It helps, but not the same.

djones520
08-08-2010, 01:25 PM
You're just spoiled. :D Your wife is a really good cook. Hope that time flies by for you. Kudos again to you and to your family for the sacrifices you make. It has to be tough not seeing your little guy. Can you do the web cam thing from where you're based?

I saw the little grandson last weekend and already I'm missing him so much. He's walking so much faster now and looks like he's grown taller. They're calling tonight and we'll get the little camera going. It helps, but not the same.

Yeah, occasionally. The biggest problem is getting him to sit still long enough to be on the camera. He's easily distracted right now, and a new toy gets his attention every few minutes. We talk on the phone more often, but even with that he still has no clue whats going on. I'm glad for it really, I was worried he'd be really upset with me being gone for so long. Bad enough having to deal with my feelings about it, didn't want to have to worry about his as well.

But... I don't want to complain to much. :D I could be stuck in Afghanistan living in a FOB with a quarter of the amenities that I have here.

SarasotaRepub
08-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Well we went to Siesta Key for brunch today at Turtles so I think I'll make some fresh popcorn for us to munch on.

Been a very wet day here today, heavy rain/T-Storms and more on the way.

Glad I put the lawn fertilizer down yesterday even though it was hot as hell, it's getting watered in today. :D

Rockntractor
08-08-2010, 06:40 PM
Roast turkey with dressing and mash potato's , supersweet corn and homemade bread. I am pretending it is thanksgiving and cool outside.

lacarnut
08-08-2010, 06:48 PM
Woofed down red beans and rice with ham.

RobJohnson
08-08-2010, 09:53 PM
I really have not ate yet today.

I might have something delivered. I've been cleaning house and don't feel like getting my kitchen dirty again!