PDA

View Full Version : One of my Favorite Artists is finally BACK

Rebel Yell
08-09-2010, 03:35 PM
It's been a few years since he's put out anything worth buying, but this shit is powerful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uelHwf8o7_U

Rebel Yell
08-09-2010, 03:50 PM
For those who don't like the music. There is still Megan Fox's trashy hotness.

PoliCon
08-09-2010, 03:56 PM
artist? Calling this art is like calling Satanicus a philosopher. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Wait Megan is making out with a Hobbit??

Rebel Yell
08-09-2010, 03:58 PM
artist? Calling this art is like calling Satanicus a philosopher. :rolleyes:

Or calling you tall?

JB
08-09-2010, 05:36 PM
...but this shit is powerful.Isn't that domestic abuse victim Rihanna singing about domestic abuse?

Zafod
08-09-2010, 05:42 PM
For those who don't like the music. There is still Megan Fox's trashy hotness.

meh, give me kate beckinsale(sp?) anyday of the week.

Lager
08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
The blending of her song with his rap seems a bit choppy and doesn't really flow that well. I think it would have been more interesting to counter her part with some polka music.

Speedy
08-09-2010, 07:32 PM
One thing that galls the fuck outta me about hiphop is having some "featured" rapper on a song sung by a woman. Like the bitch can't carry the song by herself. I rufuse to even steal music on which this happens. If the ho can't carry a song by herself, having some dumbass rapping about how bad he thinks he is on the song is not going to win me over.

This one if different because it is an eminem song featuring someone else. Chris Brown should have stomped that Rhianna bitch a couple of more times when she could not make her mind up about staying or leaving. I don't get women like that.

Articulate_Ape
08-09-2010, 07:40 PM
Rap, how do I hate you? Let me count the ways.
I hate you to the depth and breadth of skin,
A wood plane can reach, when running up my shin.
For the art you claim is a pathetic disgrace.

I hate you to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, a peace peed on by your greed.
I hate you freely, as men strive for right;
I hate you purely, as they think you're gay.

I hate you with a passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with wasted youths.
I hate you with a hate I seemed to share
With all those with taste, --- I hate thee with the groans,
grimaces, jeers, of all my life! --- and, if God choose,
I shall but hate you until your death.

jendf
08-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Wait Megan is making out with a Hobbit??

A really mean hobbit apparently.

Gingersnap
08-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry, this song appears to be about a couple of abusive thugs with bad furniture.

djones520
08-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Can't stand rap. Not a huge fan of any music entertainer that just has to think up a few lyrics, speak quickly into a mike, then goes home and lets someone else do the rest of the work while they collect millions.

Give me a band that plays instruments, and writes their own music. Guys who have to figure out how each instrument flows together and in time with the lyrics. That's true talent IMO. None of this shit.

Hell, my father grew up on meaner streets of Detroit then this guy did. Don't see him making crappy music about beating women.

noonwitch
08-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Can't stand rap. Not a huge fan of any music entertainer that just has to think up a few lyrics, speak quickly into a mike, then goes home and lets someone else do the rest of the work while they collect millions.

Give me a band that plays instruments, and writes their own music. Guys who have to figure out how each instrument flows together and in time with the lyrics. That's true talent IMO. None of this shit.

Hell, my father grew up on meaner streets of Detroit then this guy did. Don't see him making crappy music about beating women.

Marshall grew up in Warren and Sterling Heights, not in Detroit. I have more street cred than he does, because I at least lived in the city for 12 years of my life. One of the funniest things I ever read was an interview with his father, who hadn't seen him in a while. The writer asked about what Marshall was like as a kid, and his dad said something about how he was a cute and sweet boy, probably knowing that this is the last thing Marshall needed for his tough guy image.

On the other hand, I actually enjoyed the movie "8 Mile". I thought that it showed the real Detroit, good and bad. I just don't see a white boy winning a rap-off in downtown Detroit.

djones520
08-10-2010, 02:29 PM
Marshall grew up in Warren and Sterling Heights, not in Detroit. I have more street cred than he does, because I at least lived in the city for 12 years of my life. One of the funniest things I ever read was an interview with his father, who hadn't seen him in a while. The writer asked about what Marshall was like as a kid, and his dad said something about how he was a cute and sweet boy, probably knowing that this is the last thing Marshall needed for his tough guy image.

On the other hand, I actually enjoyed the movie "8 Mile". I thought that it showed the real Detroit, good and bad. I just don't see a white boy winning a rap-off in downtown Detroit.

My dad showed me around where he grew up at this past winter. Gross Pointe area, and NE part of detroit, near the river. Not a part of town I'd feel safe being in unarmed.

I was amazed at how "quickly" the poor and rich area's changed. Some places it was literally less then a block of differance from half million dollar houses to getting your ass shot for your shoes.

PoliCon
08-10-2010, 02:38 PM
I was amazed at how "quickly" the poor and rich area's changed. Some places it was literally less then a block of differance from half million dollar houses to getting your ass shot for your shoes. which is why the "white flight" happened.

wineslob
08-12-2010, 05:07 PM
Gee, makes a comeback and still produces garbage.