PDA

View Full Version : Flight Attendant Quits in Dramatic Fashion

jendf
08-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Or could also be titled: Best. Temper Tantrum. Ever. (http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Airline-Steward-at-JFK-Pulls-Emergency-Chute-Flies-Coop-100286494.html)

Airline Steward at JFK Pulls Emergency Chute, Flies Coop
By JONATHAN DIENST, PEI-SZE CHENG and HASANI GITTENS
Updated 6:30 PM EDT, Mon, Aug 9, 2010

A flight attendant ran out of patience on a plane that just landed at JFK on Monday afternoon, so he allegedly cursed a blue streak over the p.a. system, grabbed some beers, pulled the emergency chute, slid down and ran from the plane, sources said.

Jet Blue employee Steven Slater was working on Flight 1052 from Pittsburgh to Kennedy Airport, which landed at around 12 p.m., when he got into a verbal altercation with a passenger, law-enforcement sources said.

Following a heated exchange, the flight attendant told off the entire plane on the public address system, activated an emergency chute near the back of the plane and jumped down the evacuation slide and ran for it.

The argument began when one of the 100 passengers on the flight, got up early to get her luggage from an overhead compartment, according to sources. Slater told the passenger to sit back down -- but, as he approached, the woman continued to pull her belongings down and struck him in the head with her bag, authorities said.

Slater asked for an apology but the woman cursed him out, saying in effect "go f--k yourself" and calling him a "mo-fo," according to law enforcement sources who are still sorting out the specifics. Then Slater got on the flight's announcement system and allegedly cursed out everyone on the plane -- especially the person who mouthed off to him, according to law enforcement sources.

When his tirade was through, he then took a some beers from the galley and pulled the emergency chute and slid off the Embraer 190 plane. According to police sources, he threw his luggage down first and said something to the effect of "there goes 28 years," before he took the plunge.

After getting down the slide, Slater took off into the terminal, law-enforcement sources said.

Slater was later arrested at his home in Belle Harbor, Queens by Port Authority officials. He was found by police in a sexual embrace with his partner, sources said.

The steward was "having a bad day," sources said.

He is being charged with 2nd-and 4th-degree criminal mischief, 1st- and 2nd-degree reckless endangerment and criminal trespass in the 3rd degree, according to a spokeswoman for Queens DA Richard Brown. Slater faces up to 7 years in prison if convicted.

No one was injured in the incident. JetBlue, in a statement, added, "At no time was the security or safety of our customers or crewmembers at risk."

I like how he grabbed a couple of beers on his way out. :D

JB
08-09-2010, 08:01 PM
D-bag passenger just has to get up and rush around like she's the only one on the plane, while the plane is still taxiing. Should arrest her dumbass.
He was found by police in a sexual embrace with his partner, sources said.Priceless.

Dude, you had to know the cops were coming. Guess he needed one last knob job before being hauled away to the clink.

RobJohnson
08-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Let me guess, his partner was male?

jendf
08-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Let me guess, his partner was male?

Has anyone ever actually seen a straight male flight attendant? Seriously.

JB
08-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Let me guess, his partner was male?I didn't even think twice. I just assumed dude. That ain't right.

Rockntractor
08-09-2010, 08:44 PM
D-bag passenger just has to get up and rush around like she's the only one on the plane, while the plane is still taxiing. Should arrest her dumbass.Priceless.

Dude, you had to know the cops were coming. Guess he needed one last knob job before being hauled away to the clink.

Isn't prison kind of like a reward for a queer?:confused:

Articulate_Ape
08-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Check the video at this link (http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local-beat/Airline-Steward-at-JFK-Pulls-Emergency-Chute-Flies-Coop-100286494.html). What is the first question that comes to mind?

NJCardFan
08-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Isn't prison kind of like a reward for a queer?:confused:

Um, no. Quite the opposite. He'll be forced to hold somebody's pocket. Does that sound like a reward?

As for him flipping out on passengers, having worked in the airline business for over 4 years, all I have to say is bravo to him. There is no more bigger assclown than an airline passenger.

Shannon
08-10-2010, 09:26 AM
This just made my day. I can't stop laughing. I love it.:D

Gingersnap
08-10-2010, 09:41 AM
I also liked the the part about the beer - shows foresight and planning. :D

jendf
08-10-2010, 11:25 AM
I also liked the the part about the beer - shows foresight and planning. :D

When you go out in a blaze of glory, beverages are a must! :D

PoliCon
08-10-2010, 11:37 AM
The worst thing about this story is that the BICTH who started it all is prolly walking around feeling justified in what she did. :mad:

NJCardFan
08-10-2010, 12:13 PM
Can someone answer me this? At what point did buying an airline ticket automatically make someone President?

namvet
08-10-2010, 12:26 PM
reminds of..........yeah sing it John hehehehe

EPrSVkTRb24

marinejcksn
08-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Sounds like I wouldn't mind doing at my current job. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ8SefiNEcs&feature=related

jendf
08-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Sounds like I wouldn't mind doing at my current job. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ8SefiNEcs&feature=related

That never gets old. :D

marinejcksn
08-14-2010, 07:19 AM
He took two beers and jumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3JJMhm7zCw

:D

RobJohnson
08-14-2010, 07:28 AM
He took two beers and jumped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3JJMhm7zCw

:D

That was great!

NJCardFan
08-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Starting to look more and more like this guy is nothing more than an attention whore and a tool. Witnesses are now saying that the woman never hit him in the head and that he might have already had that bump on the head when he got on the plane in the first place.