PDA

View Full Version : Motivational...Period!

PoliCon
08-10-2010, 01:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSM1mvMypWU

Ok. What movie is this from?

Speedy
08-10-2010, 02:45 AM
This is from a little Christian film called, Facing the Giants. The writers, director, actors and crew were all members of a curch in Virginia (maybe Georgia) who put this movie together as a project. Only the musical score was done outside of the church.

It is a very good movie in general and an excellent football movie in particular.

djones520
08-10-2010, 04:08 AM
That deathcrawl reminds me of something we used to do in track. Had a pretty steep hill that was roughly 100ft high, and the path up it was deep loose sand. We used to have to do sprints up that carrying someone on our back. After two of those you were wrecked.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-10-2010, 07:27 AM
This is from a little Christian film called, Facing the Giants. The writers, director, actors and crew were all members of a curch in Virginia (maybe Georgia) who put this movie together as a project. Only the musical score was done outside of the church.

It is a very good movie in general and an excellent football movie in particular.

I THINK this is the same group that put out "the Love Dare".

Gingersnap
08-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Now I want to see this movie. :)

Rebel Yell
08-10-2010, 09:50 AM

They are all from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, GA. They also made Fireproof.

PoliCon
08-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Now I want to see this movie. :)

so do I. Which is why I asked. :)

Rebel Yell
08-10-2010, 09:54 AM
so do I. Which is why I asked. :)

It's a good movie. Don't expect stellar acting, though. Like I said, they are all local folks.

PoliCon
08-10-2010, 09:57 AM
It's a good movie. Don't expect stellar acting, though. Like I said, they are all local folks.

I'm looking for a stellar message.

Speedy
08-10-2010, 11:03 AM

Oh you will get that. It is a good inspirational movie about a football coach and his wife going through a very rough patch.

Speedy
08-10-2010, 11:10 AM
They are all from Sherwood Baptist Church in Albany, GA. They also made Fireproof.

Fireproof is an excellent movie. It had one scene that was one of the most nailbiting I have ever seen when firefighters and good samaritans desperately tried to push a wrecked car with some teen girls trapped in it off the tracks and out of the way of an oncoming train. The scene captured well the mindset and selflessness of those that ran to put thier own lives in danger and those that ran away.

Rebel Yell
08-10-2010, 11:10 AM

Just letting you know to not expect much in the way of acting, since the cast is not made up of actors. Great flick, though.