PDA

View Full Version : DUmmies slobber Michael Moore's knob.

djones520
08-11-2010, 08:39 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8919296

Hissyspit (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 08:14 PM
Original message
Michael Moore: Telling That "First Thing Out Of His Mouth Was 'People Want Canadian Health care.'"
Edited on Tue Aug-10-10 08:17 PM by Hissyspit
"Well, YEAH." Speaking on Countdown w/ Keith Olbermann.

People in Canada get more health care for their money and "... live almost three years longer in Canada..."

And my Canadian step-mom to be was tickled pink when she got a job that allowed her to get off the government health plan.

sandnsea (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 08:16 PM
Response to Original message
3. Get 60 Senators to vote for it
If it's so damn easy, Michael Moore should get the fuck to it.

Uh oh... don't speak out against da Mooreth!

LostinVA (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 08:18 PM
Response to Reply #3
4. He certainly has gotten "the fuck to it"
A huge chunck of his adult life has been getting the fuck to it.

Yes, he certainly has made himself quite rich getting you to masterbate to his movies.

Imajika (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 08:32 PM
Response to Reply #3
16. Moore talks a big game...
...but apparently has no idea what it means to actually get anything done. Making movies that appeal to the already converted don't get us much of anywhere. Oh, it may feel good to watch them, but if they don't move the needle of public opinion then as an activist he pretty much fails.

Spot on.

KurtNYC (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-11-10 08:12 AM
Response to Reply #16
47. how wrong you are
Do they still sell bullets at WalMart? Did Bush have to run away from "Farenheit"? Is Moore banned from the Today Show since ripping Katie Couric's bullshit?

If the movies didn't matter then the RW would not be so scared of them. They tried to stop Farenheit and it only made it bigger. Farenheit helped push Bush's approval rating down near what it should have been. And many RWers saw that movie.

Let 1000 Michael Moore's bloom!

Ummm yes, they still sell bullets at WalMart. Bush didn't have to run at all. The movie that was supposed to make him lose the election... well didn't. RW'ers are not scared of Moore. Not at all.

Lorien (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-10-10 10:43 PM
Response to Original message
40. Plus our jobs are moving to Canada because employers don't have to offer
insanely overpriced insurance to equally qualified English speaking employees there (happening w/ one of my own clients)!

Well whose fault is that? They don't call it Republicare. :rolleyes:

Dan D. Doty
08-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Well they don't tell you that Moore is worth $60 million, that he edits his films to fit what believes ( like telling people that boster rockets are missiles, when Moore knew they were not). Or that Moore has NPD ( so do a lot people on DU come to think of it).

Wonder how many on DU saw MICHEAL MOORE HATES AMERICA? My guess, none.

noonwitch
08-11-2010, 02:16 PM
I haven't seen Moore's latest two movies, but Bowling For Columbine was entertaining. I don't think it was as anti-2nd amendment as people think it was, it was more condemning of our violent culture than of guns themselves.

The stunt with K-Mart was a bit overboard, though. They went under not too long after that, and were bought out by Sears. The big, ugly headquarters building in Troy from the movie has been empty for several years, at this point. It always looked like a futuristic prison to me, now it just looks like an empty one. There's also the irony of Moore, a Michigan native, going after a Michigan company so vehemently as he did K-Mart for selling the bullets to the Columbine shooters, when I blame their parents for letting them amass an arsenal under their roofs.

malloc
08-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I can proudly say I haven't seen a single movie Michael Moore's dumb ass was ever involved in. That fuck doesn't get my money or my time, I have a life to live, and his viewpoint isn't a part of it.

Lanie
08-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Michael Moore is a beacan of Capitalism. He makes shitloads of money, and from what I've heard he doesn't give much to charities.

Rockntractor
08-11-2010, 11:21 PM
Michael Moore is a beacan of Capitalism. He makes shitloads of money, and from what I've heard he doesn't give much to charities.

He produces tons of nutrient rich manure every year that helps feed plants and trees.

NJCardFan
08-12-2010, 12:25 AM
I haven't seen Moore's latest two movies, but Bowling For Columbine was entertaining. I don't think it was as anti-2nd amendment as people think it was, it was more condemning of our violent culture than of guns themselves.

The stunt with K-Mart was a bit overboard, though. They went under not too long after that, and were bought out by Sears. The big, ugly headquarters building in Troy from the movie has been empty for several years, at this point. It always looked like a futuristic prison to me, now it just looks like an empty one. There's also the irony of Moore, a Michigan native, going after a Michigan company so vehemently as he did K-Mart for selling the bullets to the Columbine shooters, when I blame their parents for letting them amass an arsenal under their roofs.

Um, K-Mart bought Sears not the other way around. As for Moore, an interesting movie to see is Fahrenhype 9/11. Manufacturing Dissent is a great movie told by 2 Michael Moore fans.

PoliCon
08-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Um, K-Mart bought Sears not the other way around. As for Moore, an interesting movie to see is Fahrenhype 9/11. Manufacturing Dissent is a great movie told by 2 Michael Moore fans.good movie.

noonwitch
08-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Um, K-Mart bought Sears not the other way around. As for Moore, an interesting movie to see is Fahrenhype 9/11. Manufacturing Dissent is a great movie told by 2 Michael Moore fans.

Are you sure about K-Mart buying Sears? I don't think that's the case, or it would be the K-Mart tower in Chicago. This was a big story here, when it happened, because K-Mart was a Michigan company before the takeover. They aren't anymore.

Sears was the stronger company and they bought K-Mart.

djones520
08-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Are you sure about K-Mart buying Sears? I don't think that's the case, or it would be the K-Mart tower in Chicago. This was a big story here, when it happened, because K-Mart was a Michigan company before the takeover. They aren't anymore.

Sears was the stronger company and they bought K-Mart.

Nope, K-Mart did buy Sears in 2004.

Lanie
08-12-2010, 12:41 PM
He produces tons of nutrient rich manure every year that helps feed plants and trees.

I guess that's a good thing.

obx
08-12-2010, 12:44 PM
I don't think Michael Moore has a knob.
________
GLASS BUBBLERS (http://bubblers.net/)

noonwitch
08-12-2010, 12:49 PM
Nope, K-Mart did buy Sears in 2004.

You're right, it just seems weird, since K-Mart was on the verge of bankruptcy not too long before that. There was one point around 2002 where we were all joking about buying huge chunks of stock, because shares were at about $.20 at the time.

Rebel Yell
08-12-2010, 12:50 PM
You're right, it just seems weird, since K-Mart was on the verge of bankruptcy not too long before that. There was one point around 2002 where we were all joking about buying huge chunks of stock, because shares were at about $.20 at the time.

You would have made a killing, too.

movie buff
08-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Wow, the first time back here in about a month and a half (I've been on vacation), and there's a CU post ripping a DU post about one of the most repulsive members of the liberal media. Pretty cool.
To address this idiotic post:
" Did Bush have to run away from "Farenheit"?..."
Actually, no, he didn't.
The White House gave a single statement saying that Moore's allegations in 'Fahrenheit' were untrue, that's about it.
"If the movies didn't matter then the RW would not be so scared of them."
I for one am not afraid of Michael Moore (Or, as I like to call him, "The Blob"). I don't consider him to be someone to fear. I do, however, consider him to be an immensely loathsome, dishonest, manipulative, unscrupulous, self- centered, egotistical, bigoted, repellant, obnoxious, backstabbing, heartless, and genuinely hypocritical sack of blubber undeserving of any respect or admiration from anyone.
"They tried to stop Farenheit and it only made it bigger."
It made some money in the box office, yet was forgotten aside from its controversy pretty quickly, and failed to accomplish the goal Moore intended and expected for it, to cause Bush to lose the 2004 election (Hence why he released it in theaters that summer, and released it on DVD as soon as possible so it would be available before the election). Thus, it was a success in one sense, and an epic fail in another sense.

" Farenheit helped push Bush's approval rating down near what it should have been."
Yet apparently not enough to make him lose the election, as Moore hoped and expected it to. In the immortal words of Ace Ventura, "LLLLLLLOOOOOOOSERRRR!"

A few years ago, in a class at my college, I learned we'd be forced to watch 'Roger & Me.' When I learned this, I asked if I could be allowed to miss class that day, due to the fact that I hate Moore. The teacher smugly responded with something like, "Then, you should come to class, so you can see it and give us your insights." Well, he got his wish. I spent much of the weeks up until the viewing boning up on the movie (Specifically, all the crap in it, and all the extremely dishonest, unethical, and just plain wrong tactics Moore used in it), and when the viewing came, by the time it ended, I spent several minutes tearing that moronic film to shreds. My classmates were quite appreciative and supportive of me for it afterwards.

jphillips@kelln
08-16-2010, 03:12 PM

K-Mart DID go into bankruptcy, and upon emergence and after having sold a lot of excess and valuable real estate, it acquired Sears and Roebuck Co. It then changed the parent's name to Sears Holding, the survivor that operates both brands.

m00
08-16-2010, 07:12 PM
I think Moore is awesome. Born in lower middle class Flint Michigan, he now is worth 10s of millions. It's the classic American success story, and proof that this is still the greatest country on earth. He pioneered the concept of a fake documentary used to push an agenda, and basically invented a whole genre of film. He does a great job of making an entertaining product targeted towards a specific audience, and getting them to shell out money for it. I am not a member of his target audience, but obviously he doesn't need me to make money.

If more people in DU actually followed in his footsteps (aka went out and did something contributing to the economy) instead of sitting around posting all day, our economy would be a lot better off.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a secret conservative, and his whole life is a persona/act. He goes home to his wife and says "Geez, what morons. I can't believe people think I'm being sincere. Suckers." :D

/flame on.

movie buff
08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
I think Moore is awesome. Born in lower middle class Flint Michigan, he now is worth 10s of millions. It's the classic American success story, and proof that this is still the greatest country on earth. He pioneered the concept of a fake documentary used to push an agenda, and basically invented a whole genre of film. He does a great job of making an entertaining product targeted towards a specific audience, and getting them to shell out money for it. I am not a member of his target audience, but obviously he doesn't need me to make money.

1. Despite what he says, Flint is NOT his home town, that's another of his lies. He was born and raised in a town called Davison, which is near Flint geographically, but the similarities end there. While Flint is a racially- mixed, lower to lower- middle class town, Davison is a wealthy, lily- white suburb whose residents are often the bosses of the workers in Flint.
2. He became a success by using a lot of extremely dishonest and unethical filming tactics, and selling out and betraying a lot of good people who made the fatal mistake of trusting him and assuming he was looking out for anyone besides himself. I'd no more admire him for becoming financially successful than I would Bernie Madoff or George Soros.

PoliCon
08-17-2010, 03:29 PM
1. Despite what he says, Flint is NOT his home town, that's another of his lies. He was born and raised in a town called Davison, which is near Flint geographically, but the similarities end there. While Flint is a racially- mixed, lower to lower- middle class town, Davison is a wealthy, lily- white suburb whose residents are often the bosses of the workers in Flint.
2. He became a success by using a lot of extremely dishonest and unethical filming tactics, and selling out and betraying a lot of good people who made the fatal mistake of trusting him and assuming he was looking out for anyone besides himself. I'd no more admire him for becoming financially successful than I would Bernie Madoff or George Soros.

Why? He's not stealing - he's selling them the lies these people want to believe and getting them to pay for it in the process!

DU+NU_Reject
08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm told the law is pretty lax in what it allows "Documentaries" to present as actual info and/or "truth".

The only reason these people care is because Moore puts their politics on a pedestal -and, as some of them have begun to notice, he doesn't even do that reliably.
:rolleyes:

m00
08-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Why? He's not stealing - he's selling them the lies these people want to believe and getting them to pay for it in the process!

There is a lot of money in telling Liberals what they want to hear. :D I should have gotten in on the racket! :D

DU+NU_Reject
08-18-2010, 07:41 AM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/iamjooish/th_icon_lol.gif Ah, damn... must have over-looked this earlier. :D