PDA

View Full Version : New Survey in U.S. Senate Battleground Shows Senate Control Up for Grabs in 2010

PoliCon
08-11-2010, 11:07 PM
New poll by Glen Bolger of Public Opinion Strategies, commissioned by American Crossroads, shows solid GOP leads across key battleground states as Independents flee Democrats

WASHINGTON – A new poll released today by American Crossroads shows that what has been occurring in competitive races for the U.S. House – voters fleeing Democratic candidates in near record numbers – is occurring in battleground Senate states as well.

The poll, conducted by Glen Bolger of Public Opinion Strategies and commissioned by American Crossroads, shows Republican candidates leading on the ballot by a whopping 47%-39% margin across 13 battleground Senate states – including 47%-40% in Democrat-held states. This was not a generic ballot test – but a test of specific candidates by name, with the results aggregated nationally.

“The landscape that has tilted so dramatically toward Republicans in the House is continuing to move in a dramatic way on the Senate side as well,” said American Crossroads communications director Jonathan Collegio. “People often think that only House races can get swept up in an electoral wave, but this survey shows that Senate may very well get swept over in the same wave.”

The August 2-5 survey interviewed 1,300 likely voters in 13 states with a competitive U.S. Senate race: Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Washington.

“Democrats in these Battleground Senate races are not only facing an enthusiasm gap, they are also facing a message gap,” said pollster Glen Bolger. “While some of the Democratic candidates in these thirteen Battleground Senate states may survive, given the way the electorate is moving against them, most of them will not.”

The survey found that Independent voters are supporting Republican candidates by a two-to-one margin (47%-25%) across the battleground states. Republicans also dramatically lead in voter enthusiasm, with high-interest voters tilting 52%-36% toward the Republicans.

http://www.americancrossroads.org/news/new-survey-us-senate-battleground-shows-senate-control-grabs-2010

Rockntractor
08-11-2010, 11:08 PM
This is no time for over confidence, focus!

PoliCon
08-11-2010, 11:11 PM
This is no time for over confidence, focus!

I agree. I didn't post this to gloat. I posted this to watch Satanicus and the retards try to spin it :D

Rockntractor
08-11-2010, 11:13 PM
I agree. I didn't post this to gloat. I posted this to watch Satanicus and the retards try to spin it :D

I know you didn't but that is one of my biggest fears that we will get complacent and not show up to vote.

PoliCon
08-11-2010, 11:48 PM
I know you didn't but that is one of my biggest fears that we will get complacent and not show up to vote.

You forget - I live in PA. I HAVE to show up to vote. I do not want SLEAZEtak winning.

lacarnut
08-12-2010, 12:20 AM

I will show up to vote for Vitter but I sure wish that bitch Landrieu was up for re-election. She has 4 more years before LA voters put her ass out to pasture.

PoliCon
08-12-2010, 12:39 AM
I will show up to vote for Vitter but I sure wish that bitch Landrieu was up for re-election. She has 4 more years before LA voters put her ass out to pasture.

2012 lets PA get rid of Casey.

Tecate
08-12-2010, 12:46 AM
If the Republicans are able to regain power, I hope they do the right thing.

Now that we live in Amerika with a big fat "K" I remain skeptical and reluctant to trust them.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-12-2010, 06:24 AM
If the Republicans are able to regain power, I hope they do the right thing.

Now that we live in Amerika with a big fat "K" I remain skeptical and reluctant to trust them.

We haven't yet completely purged our ranks of statists, but we have made some real progress. It will take a bit, but you should notice a difference.