PDA

View Full Version : Men are the best bosses.

Gingersnap
08-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Men are the best bosses: Women at the top are just too moody (and it's women themselves who say so)

By Liz Hull
Last updated at 12:46 PM on 12th August 2010

Female bosses were seen as more temperamental and more likely to get caught up in petty office politics
They are hormonal, incapable of leaving their personal lives at home and only too happy to talk about their staff behind their backs.

Female bosses are a nightmare to work for, a survey of employees concludes. And it is not just men who think so.

Two-thirds of women said they preferred a male boss because their straight-talking, ‘get to the point’ attitude makes them easier to deal with.

They are also much less likely to have a hidden agenda, suffer mood swings or get involved in office politics, workers said.

About 3,000 men and women were questioned for the research, with three- quarters of men agreeing that they would rather work for a man than a woman. A quarter of women accused female bosses of backstabbing and bringing their personal lives into the office. And a third of those polled said women with power are ‘loose cannons’ who often feel threatened by colleagues.

THE MALE ASSETS
Straight-talking
Less likely to get involved in office politics
Easier to reason with
Less likely to bitch about others
Less likely to suffer from mood swings
Able to leave their private life at home
No time of the month
More likely to share common interests
Don't feel threatened if others are good at their jobs
More reasonable

David Brown, of online recruitment firm www.UKJobs.net, which commissioned the research, aid: ‘Incredibly both men and women are in total agreement that men make better bosses – 63 per cent of women and 75 per cent of men.

‘This indicates that while women are more than capable of progressing to a management role, some lack some of the key skills required to be a good boss. ‘No one is suggesting that women aren’t intelligent enough to be in senior positions, far from it, but perhaps-some need to be more approachable and less competitive.

‘People want to go to work knowing they will be given a fair chance and are supported 100 per cent by those they work with and for.’

I've got to agree having had both more than once. I always get good ratings from my employees but I have a masculine mindset at work. I also squelch any kind of office politics or personal rivalries when I discover them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1302096/Men-best-bosses-Women-just-moody.html#ixzz0wQTxVFs9

Rebel Yell
08-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I've got to agree having had both more than once. I always get good ratings from my employees but I have a masculine mindset at work. I also squelch any kind of office politics or personal rivalries when I discover them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1302096/Men-best-bosses-Women-just-moody.html#ixzz0wQTxVFs9

My wife says this every day after coming home from the bank.

noonwitch
08-13-2010, 08:47 AM
The worst bosses I've had, both in the retail and food service industries as a young person and in a state government social services office have been men. I've had good male bosses, and a couple of tyrannical females, but the worst I've had in this field was a stupid dumb-assed fool from rural Michigan who was petty and insecure. Example: He once told me he was going to write me up for talking about him behind his back. I told him "Go ahead, I want you to do it". He then queried why I would want him to write me up, and I told him "You'll find out when you get the subpeona.". He left me alone for a while after that one.

I really like my current boss. She's smart, she knows how to deal with crazy clients, and she can help me in the areas I'm not as good with, like payments.

What I can't stand are hypocritical bosses, the ones who tell workers to be here at a certain time, but themselves always cruise in an hour or more late-this wouldn't be an issue for me as much in the private sector, where the boss and owner are frequently one and the same.

fettpett
08-13-2010, 10:22 AM
The worse boss i worked for was a woman. I was being trained for managment postion. Didn't feel it was moving fast enough, i meet all the requriments and would have gotten more hours and pay. the other assistant manager and I had gotten her hired as store manager, so what happened was pretty damn petty of her.

I worte an email to the district manager stating that I felt I was ready to move on and get the postion. The next morning the store manager had gotten the email reply, read it. After that it was all down hill, she purposely tried to get me to do stuff that would get me fired or I would quit. even after sitting down and talking to her. She even tried to write me up for talking to the other manager outside of work as being insubordianate.

I ended up with my last job that paid more and got insurance that was worth a damn. I quit and left her high and dry by herself for 2 days with no one else that could come in.

Gingersnap
08-13-2010, 01:43 PM
The worse boss i worked for was a woman. I was being trained for managment postion. Didn't feel it was moving fast enough, i meet all the requriments and would have gotten more hours and pay. the other assistant manager and I had gotten her hired as store manager, so what happened was pretty damn petty of her.

I worte an email to the district manager stating that I felt I was ready to move on and get the postion. The next morning the store manager had gotten the email reply, read it. After that it was all down hill, she purposely tried to get me to do stuff that would get me fired or I would quit. even after sitting down and talking to her. She even tried to write me up for talking to the other manager outside of work as being insubordianate.

I ended up with my last job that paid more and got insurance that was worth a damn. I quit and left her high and dry by herself for 2 days with no one else that could come in.

I've found bad female managers to be more vindictive and personal than bad male managers. A bad male manager will just cut you out of career opportunities. A bad female manager will do that and dedicate herself to making your life hell so you'll quit.

fettpett
08-13-2010, 07:03 PM
I've found bad female managers to be more vindictive and personal than bad male managers. A bad male manager will just cut you out of career opportunities. A bad female manager will do that and dedicate herself to making your life hell so you'll quit.

yep, she was a real piece of work, Honestly I'm surprised she's still there. I had worked with her before at Walgreens, thought I knew her well enough that she would be a good Manager...boy was I wrong. After I left, all her bullshit stopped.

The worst part was that I sat down and talked to her, thought we had things worked out.

SarasotaRepub
08-13-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm a Department head now and I rule with an Iron Fist!!!!
:D

fettpett
08-13-2010, 11:14 PM

covered in soft velvet and bunnies :D

SarasotaRepub
08-13-2010, 11:40 PM
covered in soft velvet and bunnies :D

ShutUp. :mad::D

RobJohnson
08-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Could it be that most men are the boss because they were the most qualified while some women are the boss because of other reasons?

djones520
08-14-2010, 07:14 AM

My father was just put in charge of a sales team in Vancouver, as well as his companies entire Toronto office.

His first issue as a manager? You guessed it, a woman. :p She had failed to make a single sale in almost two months, and he sent her an email advicing her that if she didn't pick the pace up he'd have to put her into remedial training.

She went ballistic. Did everything short of calling him a sexist. :rolleyes:

RobJohnson
08-14-2010, 07:30 AM

Well done. :)