PDA

View Full Version : Going to the pistol range today after too much caffeine

Tecate
08-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Dammit, I should have backed off with the coffee this morning. I haven't been to the range in months and now I'm getting ready to head over there under the influence of too much caffeine.

A caffeine buzz probably won't help with accuracy one bit.

malloc
08-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Forget accuracy, focus on safety! :)

Seriously, it might be better real world experience though. If you are nice and relaxed at the range, you are using proper 60/40 pressure front and back on your hands, exercising proper breathing and trigger control, etc. Maybe the caffeine will help push your failure point a bit if you are a little bit jittery.

Tecate
08-13-2010, 02:39 PM
It didn't go too badly. I had decent grouping, but still a few stray bullets. The more magazines I shoot, the sloppier I get. That happens every time.

I fired 100 rounds of 40, and 50 rounds of 45.

There was an older gentleman there who wanted my brass, so I let him have it and he let me shoot his Ruger 22 pistol. It had a long barrel and was really easy to shoot - almost like shooting a pellet gun. I should get one of those because the ammo is so cheap you can shoot a lot more for less $$.

malloc
08-13-2010, 02:47 PM
It didn't go too badly. I had decent grouping, but still a few stray bullets. The more magazines I shoot, the sloppier I get. That happens every time.

That happens because your body gets tired. There's not much you can do about it but exercise and shoot more often. It happens to me after a while as well.

I fired 100 rounds of 40, and 50 rounds of 45.

I try to keep up with my pistol skills, so once a month or so I go and burn 100 rounds of each 9mm and .40 cal. Then once every 4 or 5 months or so, some friends and I gear up and burn thousands of rounds of pistol, .223, 5.7x28mm, and 12 Ga.

There was an older gentleman there who wanted my brass, so I let him have it and he let me shoot his Ruger 22 pistol. It had a long barrel and was really easy to shoot - almost like shooting a pellet gun. I should get one of those because the ammo is so cheap you can shoot a lot more for less $$.

That's mainly why I bought a Walther P22. It's fun to shoot, the older kids can handle it easily, and learn the basics on it.

Tecate
08-13-2010, 03:12 PM
That happens because your body gets tired. There's not much you can do about it but exercise and shoot more often. It happens to me after a while as well.

I try to keep up with my pistol skills, so once a month or so I go and burn 100 rounds of each 9mm and .40 cal. Then once every 4 or 5 months or so, some friends and I gear up and burn thousands of rounds of pistol, .223, 5.7x28mm, and 12 Ga.

That's mainly why I bought a Walther P22. It's fun to shoot, the older kids can handle it easily, and learn the basics on it.

I certainly don't go to the range as often as I should, or would like to, otherwise I would probably be much better. I've only been a gun owner for a couple of years so I'm still somewhat new at it compared to many people.

Screw it. Pics are in order, since they're already in my photobucket account.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/Loveways/P1010065.jpg

This is a stock photo of the Kimber 1911, but mine looks identical - grip and all. I love this pistol.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i228/Loveways/Kimber-1911-Stainless-II.jpg