PDA

View Full Version : Gays Against Target Corp

jediab
08-13-2010, 03:25 PM
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Protesters have been rallying outside Target Corp. or its stores almost daily since the retailer angered gay rights supporters and progressives by giving money to help a conservative Republican gubernatorial candidate in Minnesota. Liberal groups are pushing to make an example of the company, hoping its woes will deter other businesses from putting their corporate funds into elections.

A national gay rights group is negotiating with Target officials, demanding that the firm balance the scale by making comparable donations to benefit candidates it favors. Meanwhile, the controversy is threatening to complicate Target's business plans in other urban markets. Several city officials in San Francisco, one of the cities where Target hopes to expand, have begun criticizing the company.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Liberal-groups-push-to-apf-2321043209.html?x=0

Another example of libtard free speech as long as you agree with them.

Tons of comments in support of Target.

Rebel Yell
08-13-2010, 03:27 PM
demanding that the firm balance the scale by making comparable donations to benefit candidates it favors.

Wouldn't that kinda, I don't know, defeat the purpose of contributing to the first candidate?

lacarnut
08-13-2010, 03:30 PM
I demand that fags STFU. Going shopping at Target.

Rebel Yell
08-13-2010, 03:33 PM
I demand that fags STFU. Going shopping at Target.

Target is good for everything, except sporting goods. They don't ewven sell BB guns. Pussies.

Lager
08-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Let the shakedowns begin. Once a group realizes it has disproportionate power, it starts over reaching. I hope Target doesn't cower this time. A business has a right to support which ever candidate or issue that it pleases.

noonwitch
08-13-2010, 03:44 PM
If they boycott Target, where are they going to shop now? I'm pretty sure they are boycotting WalMart for having SA buckets at Christmas. Meijer has them at X-mas, too. Family Dollar sells clothes, but I can't picture a gay man wearing anything sold there.

I'm sure they are not boycotting Macy's or Nordstrom, but not all gays can afford to shop at those stores.

From what I have heard, Target is a pretty good place to work, for a retail job.

NJCardFan
08-13-2010, 11:18 PM
I wonder if these homos will demand that Hollywood make equal donations to Republican candidates. :rolleyes: Just another example of liberal hypocrisy.