PDA

View Full Version : Sheryl Crow, The Queen Of Green

Gingersnap
08-13-2010, 03:28 PM
Sheryl Crow, The Queen Of Green

Singer’s 2010 rider demands recycled toilet paper, offers promoters “greening” tips

AUGUST 11--Touring the United States and Europe this year, Sheryl Crow arrives at venues with an assortment of environmental demands certain to vex concert promoters, according to a review of the musician’s 2010 backstage rider.

The document, excerpted here, actually has a 2-1/2 page “environmental portion” to be “strictly followed and policed.” Seeking to “minimize the overall environmental impact of our tour,” Crow demands that only biodegradable cups and dinnerware be used by the caterer. Produce should be “organic and purchased from local suppliers as much as possible.” And for the five backstage “watering stations,” water “must be sourced from a local spring water vendor.”

According to Crow’s rider, her tour party travels between gigs in two 45-foot buses, while her equipment is packed into two tractor-trailers.

Crow, 48, also offers promoters “venue greening suggestions.” She wants “traditional light bulbs” swapped out for compact fluorescent bulbs in “all offices, dressing rooms and common areas.” “Eco-friendly cleaning and bathroom products” and “post-consumer recycled toilet paper and paper towel” should also be used. Crow’s rider also notes that, “We strongly encourage you to use renewable sources and/or to buy sustainable energy credits where possible. Many local utilities offer ‘green power’ as an option--please check with yours and opt in.”

The document also details how Crow’s backstage hospitality room is to be stocked. The singer needs an assortment of “biodegradable non-petroleum cups” and 24 “disposable napkins made of 100% recycled fiber.” Crow’s rider also lists a wide variety of drinks and snacks that she needs, including organic coconut water and two bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon (“Sheryl’s Favorite” is Stag’s Leap Artemis). Two “good quality, dark, organic chocolate bars” are described as “***VERY IMPORTANT***”

The Smoking Gun (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/sheryl-crow-queen-green)

lacarnut
08-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Crazy bitch.

Rebel Yell
08-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Sheryll Crowe is as green as her boyfriend is clean. Sorry, Bubba.

FlaGator
08-13-2010, 03:46 PM
The Smoking Gun (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/sheryl-crow-queen-green)

But does she just use one square of toilet paper every time she goes?

noonwitch
08-13-2010, 03:47 PM
Here's some real disappointing green news for conservatives:

One of my coworkers just tried to sell me Amway products, and gave me a pitch about how all their home cleaning products are now "green".

I told her that as I was from Grand Rapids, I trust nothing associated with that company except their hotel.

Gingersnap
08-13-2010, 03:55 PM
Here's some real disappointing green news for conservatives:

One of my coworkers just tried to sell me Amway products, and gave me a pitch about how all their home cleaning products are now "green".

I told her that as I was from Grand Rapids, I trust nothing associated with that company except their hotel.

It doesn't disappoint me and I'm conservative. Amway is a Ponzi scheme.

jediab
08-13-2010, 04:01 PM

I thought it was a pyramid scheme?

Eh, it's a scheme either way. Those Amway people are also rather scarey from the ones I have met.

Rebel Yell
08-13-2010, 04:02 PM

Can we get back to the Crow / Green topic?:p

fettpett
08-13-2010, 04:11 PM

i didn't think they were dating any more. eh either way...

sits there and forces them to change everything while she drives those big buses and trucks around. She probably bought Carbon Credit's from Algore and is using them up on her bus

Rebel Yell
08-13-2010, 04:13 PM
i didn't think they were dating any more. eh either way...

sits there and forces them to change everything while she drives those big buses and trucks around. She probably bought Carbon Credit's from Algore and is using them up on her bus

Why don't she 'Roid Boy to pull her shit behind a bicycle?

JB
08-13-2010, 05:09 PM
Can we get back to the Crow / Green topic?:pIt's the Lounge. Threadjacking is relaxed in here.

I didn't realize she was such a draw to be making such ridiculous demands.

Gingersnap
08-13-2010, 05:41 PM
They all do now. It's absurd.

Crow is just the poster "girl" for celebutard lefties. Regardless of her green cred, on any given day, she consumes more "stuff" than this entire board. From her house to her servants to her assistants, roadies, entourage, lovers, and handlers; she's sucking up the consumables and energy of a small town.

RobJohnson
08-14-2010, 10:51 PM
I wish she would save the planet by cancelling her tour.

Rockntractor
08-14-2010, 10:54 PM
I wish she would save the planet by cancelling her tour.

I wonder what she looks like naked?:confused:

Proud Infidel
08-15-2010, 06:39 AM
It would be fun to go to one of her concerts just to throw rolls of toilet paper around in the crowd instead of beach balls!!:D

Bubba Dawg
08-15-2010, 08:28 AM

No sweat. If a rider ain't clean I'll cuss him no matter who he is. So many from the era of Lance's heyday have come out and said they doped that I think they should all have asterisks beside their "wins." (Including Lance.)

Bubba Dawg
08-15-2010, 08:28 AM
I wonder what she looks like naked?:confused:

The last time she was naked with me she was pretty hot.

RobJohnson
08-15-2010, 11:09 AM

:eek::eek::p

FlaGator
08-15-2010, 07:02 PM

But then you woke up and found that the electric blanket had a short...

marinejcksn
08-15-2010, 07:48 PM
The original Crow remark was blown way out of proportion. Even Rush admitted he was wrong on it. But this new stuff? She sounds loony.

Side Note: I think her music sucks. She's a mediocre singer, at best.

Side Side Note: Why can't Greenies see that aside from Aluminum Cans, recycling is bullsh&t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzLebC0mjCQ

warpig
08-15-2010, 10:13 PM
The Black Crows used to have a demand that they get a lb of pot backstage.............does that make them a "green" band too?:eek:

noonwitch
08-16-2010, 09:14 AM
The Black Crows used to have a demand that they get a lb of pot backstage.............does that make them a "green" band too?:eek:

Yes.:cool:

I met their one-time keyboardist at a party in my neighbor's basement, in the old hood in Detroit. He was the keyboardist on their 2nd and 3rd albums, and he was from this area.