PDA

View Full Version : Australian soldier killed in Afghanistan

Sonnabend
08-13-2010, 10:47 PM
http://www.news.com.au/national/australian-soldier-killed-in-afghanistan/story-e6frfkvr-1225905187785

AN Australian special forces soldier has died in Afghanistan, taking the number of Australian soldiers to have died in Afghanistan to 18. Acting Defence Force chief Lieutenant General David Hurley named the soldier as Trooper Jason Brown, 29, a member of the Perth-based Special Air Service Regiment.

Lt Gen Hurley on Saturday said Trooper Brown was shot overnight while assisting in a "disruption operation" in northern Kandahar.Several insurgents engaged the coalition troops using small arms, and Trooper Brown suffered multiple gunshot wounds.

He received immediate first aid and was evacuated by helicopter to Kandahar, but died. Lt Gen Hurley expressed "deep regret" at the death, but said no other other Australian or Afghan troops were wounded.He said the soldier's family had been notified. Lt Gen Hurley said Trooper Brown was an experienced soldier with just over 10 years service. This was his first deployment to Afghanistan but he had deployed three times to East Timor.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-13-2010, 11:17 PM
http://www.news.com.au/national/australian-soldier-killed-in-afghanistan/story-e6frfkvr-1225905187785

AN Australian special forces soldier has died in Afghanistan, taking the number of Australian soldiers to have died in Afghanistan to 18. Acting Defence Force chief Lieutenant General David Hurley named the soldier as Trooper Jason Brown, 29, a member of the Perth-based Special Air Service Regiment.

Lt Gen Hurley on Saturday said Trooper Brown was shot overnight while assisting in a "disruption operation" in northern Kandahar.Several insurgents engaged the coalition troops using small arms, and Trooper Brown suffered multiple gunshot wounds.

He received immediate first aid and was evacuated by helicopter to Kandahar, but died. Lt Gen Hurley expressed "deep regret" at the death, but said no other other Australian or Afghan troops were wounded.He said the soldier's family had been notified. Lt Gen Hurley said Trooper Brown was an experienced soldier with just over 10 years service. This was his first deployment to Afghanistan but he had deployed three times to East Timor.

God bless and take care of his family.

KhrushchevsShoe
08-14-2010, 02:09 PM
---------

asdf2231
08-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Okay since you deleted the warning I will repeat it here:

KhrushchevsShoe if you want to call out Sonnabend you do it in the goddamned thunderdome.

If you EVER piss in another respect thread like this your stupid ass is gonna get banned.

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YOU ASSHOLE?

asdf2231
08-14-2010, 03:26 PM
RIP Trooper Brown and our thanks you for your sacrifice and our sympathies to your loved ones.

Lager
08-14-2010, 04:24 PM
The Aussies have always been staunch allies with us when the fighting was tough. We mourn the loss of this fine warrior.

fettpett
08-14-2010, 06:28 PM
My respects to His family, will pray for him.

On a side note, i'm kinda surprised that only 18 Aussies have died, says a lot for modern warfare, armor and tactics that so few men have died in the last 10 years

Johnny26
08-14-2010, 08:39 PM
Sad news my deepest respect to Trooper Brown thanks for your sacrifice.

Kay
08-14-2010, 09:07 PM
Very sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.
God bless him and all our allies who have stood with us in this fight.

This song came to mind - if not out of line here as a tribute.

kqPUxSeddCw

Sonnabend
08-15-2010, 01:44 AM
Even with the election it doesnt matter

This is Australia, not the cowardly Netherlands..we dont cut and run.

RobJohnson
08-15-2010, 02:25 AM
Prayers for the family of Trooper Jason Brown.

Sonnabend
08-15-2010, 04:27 AM
Thank you to all. The SAS have been in some of the worst fighting in Oruzgan....we are all immensely proud of them.