PDA

View Full Version : Clouds Can Communicate, Scientists Say

bijou
08-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Little, fluffy and talkative? Clouds can communicate, a new paper suggests -- but what are they talking about?

A new study has found that clouds "communicate" with each other, much like chirping crickets or flashing fireflies on a summer night. The surprising findings, published online in the journal Nature, may have significant implications for our understanding of the Earth's climate.

So the next time you find yourself laying on your back picking out shapes among the clouds, mull on this one: Are they talking among themselves about you? ...
Scientists blow research budget on drugs (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/13/clouds-communicate-scientists-say/) :eek::D

FlaGator
08-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Scientist have discovered that dirt actually enslaves ants in order to have them form itself in to big mounds.

djones520
08-14-2010, 01:35 PM
Scientist have discovered that dirt actually enslaves ants in order to have them form itself in to big mounds.

Dirt is an asshole.

Articulate_Ape
08-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Dirt is an asshole.

HAHAHAHA! :D

noonwitch
08-16-2010, 08:45 AM
"Rows and flows of angel hair
and ice cream castles in the air
And ribbon canyons, everywhere
I've looked at clouds that way.

But now they only block the sun
They rain and they snow on everyone
So many things I would have done
But clouds got in my way

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds, at all."

Joni Mitchell.

Gingersnap
08-16-2010, 10:05 AM
I read the entire thing and this still looks like physics to me - not "communication".

These media hacks keep it up and we'll back in the Dark Ages within two generations.

Rockntractor
08-16-2010, 10:08 AM
I read the entire thing and this still looks like physics to me - not "communication".

These media hacks keep it up and we'll back in the Dark Ages within two generations.

Oh yeah right, the next thing you know you'll be telling us the world is not on the back of a turtle!:rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
08-26-2010, 05:29 PM
Oh yeah right, the next thing you know you'll be telling us the world is not on the back of a turtle!:rolleyes:

It's a metaphor, and in which case, it is on the back of a turtle.

NJCardFan
08-26-2010, 07:18 PM
Scientists blow research budget on drugs (http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/13/clouds-communicate-scientists-say/) :eek::D

You know, I actually see some merit here. For example, every time I exclaim that I am going to wash my car, it rains.