PDA

View Full Version : Let's Roast Monday.

Rebel Yell
08-16-2010, 09:19 AM
We finally got some rain this weekend. YAY!!!!

TOTD: I was watching the Comedy Central Roast of David Hasselhoff last night and got to thinking, why don't we have a roast of our felloe CU'ers? Remember, it can and will get rough, but it's all in fun. You have to have thick skin.

Shannon
08-16-2010, 09:31 AM
It's hot here. :rolleyes: I stayed home today to get Tristan all situated for his first day of school. It will be Christmas before you know it.

TOTD: No thanks.:p

Rebel Yell
08-16-2010, 09:38 AM
It's hot here. :rolleyes: I stayed home today to get Tristan all situated for his first day of school. It will be Christmas before you know it.

TOTD: No thanks.:p

Why not? Could it be that huge target on your back?

Shannon
08-16-2010, 09:40 AM

Could be.:D

Gingersnap
08-16-2010, 09:51 AM
It will be in the high 70s today but it warm up later in the week.

TOTD: I've never watched a comedy roast in my entire life.

PoliCon
08-16-2010, 10:01 AM

did you just say Shannon has a fat ass? :eek:

PoliCon
08-16-2010, 10:02 AM

I like the old school roasts with Sammy and Dean and such over the new ones.

Rebel Yell
08-16-2010, 10:16 AM
I like the old school roasts with Sammy and Dean and such over the new ones.

Some of Jeff Ross's best lines.....

"Finally, a Jew gets to roast a German."

"How's that chain of all you can eat off the floor restaurants coming along?"

On the similarities between Hasselhoff and Pamela Anderson: "They both made embarrassing videos with meat stuffed in their mouths."

On the possible singing careers of Hasselhoff's daughters: "They say talent skips a generation, so you're probably awesome."

On 'Knight Rider': "What a lucky break. What are the odds an alcoholic gets cast in a show about a car that drives itself?"

RobJohnson
08-16-2010, 11:01 AM
The Hass roast was funny as hell. I seen from Pam Anderson on & now wish I seen the first part of it. A friend on another board (Chris) mentioned it and I finally watched something on Comedy Central. The jokes about Pam Anderson never get old! :D

TOTD: Maybe later, I'm off to work. Most of my best material comes to me when I'm at work. :p

noonwitch
08-16-2010, 11:07 AM
It's perfect here, today. Sunny, high around 80. A good day for a ballgame, if we had a team worth watching.

TOTD: I'll pass on a CU roast, but I watched the Hasselhoff roast last night. It was pretty good, but I liked the Bob Saget one from last year better. They had Chloris Leachman, after all, and her infamous statement "Some of you think I'm here to roast Bob Saget, but I'm not. I'm here to f@&$ John Stamos!", which was one of the best jokes I'd ever heard at a roast. How many mothers, forced by their children to watch endless episodes of "Full House" had similar feelings about John Stamos?

Rebel Yell
08-16-2010, 11:46 AM
It's perfect here, today. Sunny, high around 80. A good day for a ballgame, if we had a team worth watching.

TOTD: I'll pass on a CU roast, but I watched the Hasselhoff roast last night. It was pretty good, but I liked the Bob Saget one from last year better. They had Chloris Leachman, after all, and her infamous statement "Some of you think I'm here to roast Bob Saget, but I'm not. I'm here to f@&$ John Stamos!", which was one of the best jokes I'd ever heard at a roast. How many mothers, forced by their children to watch endless episodes of "Full House" had similar feelings about John Stamos?

Somebody said David Hasselhoff is such a disaster, an oily pelican just flew out of his ass.

linda22003
08-16-2010, 11:46 AM

You haven't missed a thing. They're not funny and are in deliberately poor taste. :(

Rebel Yell
08-16-2010, 11:51 AM
You haven't missed a thing. They're not funny and are in deliberately poor taste. :(

That's what makes them good to me. It's the only time people can take off the PC filter without pissing off their target. Of course I love to laugh at things you shouldn't, like Satanicus.

Rebel Yell
08-16-2010, 12:51 PM
Lisa Lampanelli, as always, was great.

http://tv.gawker.com/5613536/did-lisa-lampanellis-jokes-at-the-david-hasselhoff-roast-go-too-far

Articulate_Ape
08-16-2010, 02:09 PM

I thought CU was a comedy roast of you. Damn, I've been doing it wrong.

JB
08-16-2010, 05:59 PM
TOTD:

Sonnabend thinks whale wars is when a humpback and a minke don't like each other.
It's been so long since noonwitch has been laid that policon is looking good to her.
When rob johnson read he was going to live in the desert he thought he was moving next door to a Baskin Robbins.
Speedy's told so many stories on here he thinks he is a black bi-sexual stripper.
When they asked djones if he wanted to be a moderator he almost turned it down because he thought he would have to move more to the center.

RobJohnson
08-17-2010, 01:41 AM
TOTD:

Sonnabend thinks whale wars is when a humpback and a minke don't like each other.
It's been so long since noonwitch has been laid that policon is looking good to her.
When rob johnson read he was going to live in the desert he thought he was moving next door to a Baskin Robbins.
Speedy's told so many stories on here he thinks he is a black bi-sexual stripper.
When they asked djones if he wanted to be a moderator he almost turned it down because he thought he would have to move more to the center.

ROFLMAO :D