PDA

View Full Version : The Expendables.

Rebel Yell
08-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Anyone seen it yet? Was it as awesome as I'm expecting? I figured somebody would have a review of it by now.

Kay
08-16-2010, 08:10 PM
I heard from someone who saw it that it was great.
But I probably won't see it till it comes out on DVD or PPV.

CueSi
08-16-2010, 08:13 PM
It was f'n awesome. :)

but my host/companion preferred Salt.

~QC

Rebel Yell
08-17-2010, 09:22 AM
I went and saw it last night. It was awesome. I have to have one those guns. If you see the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about. Then again, it might be best I don't have one.

djones520
08-17-2010, 09:28 AM
I hate you all. I've been uber-geeked about this movie since I first caught wind of it over a year ago. And now i'm stuck out here when it comes out. :(

Rebel Yell
08-17-2010, 09:29 AM
I hate you all. I've been uber-geeked about this movie since I first caught wind of it over a year ago. And now i'm stuck out here when it comes out. :(

I remember those days. i was deployed when the South Park movie came out. I got lucky and saw Star Wars Episode ! in Puerto Rico.

malloc
08-17-2010, 10:48 AM
I haven't seen it. I'm not big on movie theaters. I'll wait for the DVD/In-Demand to come out.

What's your FPO/APO? PM me, and I'll send it to you when it's out on DVD. :D

I was in boot camp and MCT when the Matrix came out, in those schools you are really isolated, so I never saw one preview, and had never even heard the first thing about it. When I got back from MCT, on of my friends took me to see it, and I was just floored.

djones520
08-17-2010, 10:56 AM
I haven't seen it. I'm not big on movie theaters. I'll wait for the DVD/In-Demand to come out.

What's your FPO/APO? PM me, and I'll send it to you when it's out on DVD. :D

I was in boot camp and MCT when the Matrix came out, in those schools you are really isolated, so I never saw one preview, and had never even heard the first thing about it. When I got back from MCT, on of my friends took me to see it, and I was just floored.

Thanks for the offer, but my wife wants me to pick a number of movies that her and I will watch when I get home. I'm gonna make this one of them. :D

malloc
08-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks for the offer, but my wife wants me to pick a number of movies that her and I will watch when I get home. I'm gonna make this one of them. :D

I see, probably better to listen to the wife. :D

Rebel Yell
08-17-2010, 11:27 AM

The local movie theater (well as local as it gets to here) has discount cards. we get two tickets and a snack for 12 bucks. I like to go during the week if it's a new movie. Counting us, there were six people in the theater.

malloc
08-17-2010, 11:31 AM
The local movie theater (well as local as it gets to here) has discount cards. we get two tickets and a snack for 12 bucks. I like to go during the week if it's a new movie. Counting us, there were six people in the theater.

I haven't been to a theater since the recession so it's possible that they won't be so crowded. Any theater in Phoenix, Mesa, Glendale, well, any one in the metro area is always packed on weekends, and still pretty full on Friday nights. I haven't even checked out the one way out here in San Tan though.

The crowds are only about 50% of the reason I don't like theaters though. I really hate popcorn and am kind of a sissy about it. The smell is nauseating.

obx
08-17-2010, 01:27 PM
We just got Netflix and I have been watching thru my son's Wii. I recovered the cost of the Wii the first weekend.
________
Health Shop (http://herbalhealthshop.com)

Kay
08-17-2010, 08:48 PM
The last movie I went and saw at a sit-down theater
(as opposed to drive-in; verbage from back in my day ;) )
was Mel Gibson in the Patriot.

I much prefer to watch movies at home where I can curl
up on the couch or in bed and pause it when I need an
intermission for concessions or bathroom runs. With wide
screen HD tvs that we have today, and surround sound
it's even better at home than in a theater.