PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks liberals are being treated like 2nd class citizens by media?

SarasotaRepub
08-16-2010, 09:22 PM
"Teh Stupid" (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8957929)

Cleita http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-16-10 07:03 PM
Original message Who thinks liberals are being treated like 2nd class citizens by media

I do.

We are in the majority and yet we are being ruled by a minority, not only in government but in media.

Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck and et al get to spread their spew in the most high powered radio stations. Our people like Thom Hartmann and Randi Rhodes are relegated to the lowest powered stations in most markets. When Premier radio representatives came into my office looking to sell advertising time, I asked them why they didn't put Randi Rhodes on one of their five stations in our area, since she broadcasts through them? They said it would never happen. Instead our lowest powered station started carrying her instead.

The broadcast stations and major cable networks carry decidedly right wing programming or at least selective news. Some really big events that show what the people want, like demonstrations and other newsworthy items are totally ignored. All those doctors and demonstrators that rallied for a public option in the health care debate were arrested, yet no station carried it. Some specialty stations like MSNBC sure carry Keith and Rachel and LinkTV carries Amy Goodman, but in many markets people have to pay extra for those cable channels. Yet Fox News and CNN are on every where you go that has a TV and with nonsense news, Brangelina, Lindsey Lohan ad nauseum played constantly on them.

People like Ann Coulter, Michelle Malkin and many purely propagandist pundits are all over the place, yet when one our pundits gets on those shows often they are banned for being too hard to handle. Yes, it seems telling the truth is too hard for them to handle. My conclusion is that we are not being treated equally as the Constitution would demand especially since the air waves belong to the people. I think it's time for us to hit the streets and start demanding equality in the media. For every high powered station that carries Limbaugh et al, we need to demand an equally high powered station to carry Hartmann et al.

We need to demand a twenty four news national news station that is carried on all systems and that isn't run by advertisers like the BBC is. I would be happy even if it were just on radio. NPR has been taken over by the right wing so they no longer fulfill this service. Maybe the government can declare eminent domain over one of those religious stations that have the huge megawatt power. All viewpoints need to be aired equally and without bias. Material should be sourced and fact checked. Otherwise we who are on the left of the middle these days are being treated like pariah rather than equal citizens with equal rights in having their concerns, problems, views and history recorded by the media. We need anti-propaganda to be presented equally alongside the propaganda to debunk it.

Of course the Corporate States of America don't want this anymore than they wanted Medicare as a public option because it would put their propaganda media out business, just like Medicare would have put the insurance companies out of business. In the process they are destroying our democracy in favor of plutocratic capitalism.

Just a rant because I was forced to watch CNN and MSNBC all day because our liberal radio station was off-air, which happens frequently because it's such a poor and low powered station. It's disgraceful considering the high quality of our news casts before the nineteen seventies.

WE NEED TO DEMAND EQUALITY IN THE MEDIA. THE AIRWAVES BELONG TO ALL OF US, NOT JUST RUPPERT MURDOCH!

:rolleyes: God these people are fucking stupid, and never learn. DUmmies, the radio industry doesn't carry your crap because the vast majority of Americans don't want to listen to your libtard radio "heros". Do you think all people want to listen to that witch Randi? Or Malloy??

Listen morons, if high powered radio stations thought they could make a $$ carrying Randi,Malloy,Thom they would. The problem is, they can't get sponsors for those people hence they don't carry them.

You idiots can scream conspiracy all your moonbat life and it won't change the fact that your radio heros are losers who hate this country and want it to fail. Of course, they still want a pay check to say that. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-16-2010, 09:47 PM
what an idiot crack whore. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
08-16-2010, 09:50 PM
what an idiot crack whore. :rolleyes:

There are smart crack whores?:confused:

m00
08-16-2010, 09:59 PM
Maybe DUers are being treated like 2nd class citizens, because when you have no job, no car, and live in your parent's basement... you kinda are.

Dan D. Doty
08-16-2010, 11:03 PM
When you start off "WE ARE IN THE MAJORITY" you know that a delusional rant is coming.

Listen Cleita, you're pissed off because nobody wants to listen the bullsh*t and your fellow Moonbats vomit up; and they were forced to listen to it for decades until they got rid of the Fairness Doctine.

Nobody wants to run thoses Left Wing programs on radio because they make any money; that's why you only got NPR.

So drop the victim crap already .... jerkazoid :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-16-2010, 11:06 PM
There are smart crack whores?:confused:

relatively speaking - yes. Compare wee wee to satanicus for example.

Rockntractor
08-16-2010, 11:09 PM
relatively speaking - yes. Compare wee wee to satanicus for example.

One of them is intelligent?:confused:

warpig
08-16-2010, 11:25 PM
http://www.health-choices-for-life.com/images/Smoking_Crack.jpg

You said it was my turn to start a thread at the DU.....................:eek:

PoliCon
08-16-2010, 11:56 PM
One of them is intelligent?:confused:

relatively speaking - yes. I mean a chimp is a genius compared to stick . . . .

Rockntractor
08-16-2010, 11:57 PM
relatively speaking - yes. I mean a chimp is a genius compared to stick . . . .

Which one is the stick?:confused:

PoliCon
08-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Which one is the stick?:confused:

Satanicus clearly.

movie buff
08-17-2010, 02:13 PM
What an idiot.
"For every high powered station that carries Limbaugh et al, we need to demand an equally high powered station to carry Hartmann et al."
You liberals tried that with Air America. Problem is, it got dropped everywhere it went due to low ratings (As in, "Nobody listened to it") and a consequent lack of sponsors (As in,"No company wanted to waste their advertising money on radio stations that nobody listened to, so even stealing from children's charities didn't give it enough dough to stay on the air").

I'd say we're at a fair compromise: The left has TV (Except Fox News), the right has talk radio (Except NPR).

noonwitch
08-17-2010, 03:20 PM
Not that many liberals listen to talk radio. I don't. I listen to music in the car. Sometimes, I might listen to local talk radio during an election season, but not so much now that I live in the burbs.

That's why Air America was such a failure. Not that many liberals watch MSNBC, either, which is why their ratings are so poor. DUers and the radical left are not representative of all liberals, and don't add up to enough listener/viewer numbers needed to get advertisers.

PoliCon
08-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Not that many liberals listen to talk radio. I don't. I listen to music in the car. Sometimes, I might listen to local talk radio during an election season, but not so much now that I live in the burbs.

That's why Air America was such a failure. Not that many liberals watch MSNBC, either, which is why their ratings are so poor. DUers and the radical left are not representative of all liberals, and don't add up to enough listener/viewer numbers needed to get advertisers.

Ignorance is bliss.