PDA

View Full Version : Oh Its Tuesday

Rockntractor
08-17-2010, 09:20 AM
95 F | 70 F The break in the heat turned out to be short lived.
The weeks are running together I haven't stopped for a while

TOTD: What is your favorite vacation memory, was it a scenic view, a shopping experience, a place to eat, a critter.

Gingersnap
08-17-2010, 09:44 AM
It was chilly out here yesterday but we'll get back into the 80s today. Heads up: dove season is just around the corner, people. :)

TOTD: Well, the last time I moved, I took a lot of vacation time for that. Mostly, I remember the People of Walmart since I hadn't previously been in a Walmart after 9:00 a.m. :eek:

linda22003
08-17-2010, 10:20 AM
There are so many. A favorite memory from just this year is spending a whole day with my husband at the Musee d'Orsay, including a lovely lunch in their cafe. Very civilized. Another favorite memory is discovering the Jacquemart-Andre on the Boulevard Haussman.

Kay
08-17-2010, 10:34 AM
When I was a kid we went every summer on a 2-week vaction just like the Griswolds.
We would drive across country and stop and see everything along the way. My
favorite memories are playing car-bingo with my sister while we rode in the back
seat, stopping around 5 everyday at a motel so we could go swimming, and best
of all stopping at every Stuckys we passed.

jendf
08-17-2010, 11:59 AM
TOTD: My family went to Hawaii (Oahu) in June 2000. We got checked in to our hotel late afternoon and made it out to Waikiki to watch the sunset. It was my first Hawaiian sunset and it was every bit as awesome as I had dreamed. :) We were there for 8 days and did a ton of stuff but I still remember that first night the best.

FlaGator
08-17-2010, 12:06 PM
I remember when I was about 13 years old a vacation with my parents. We spent a week at Indian Rocks Beach just north of St. Pete. We stayed in the Silver Sands motel right on the beach. I that was probably the best week I ever had as a kid. Swimming, fishing all night from a pier and making new friends... it was just great.

RobJohnson
08-17-2010, 01:44 PM
I'm slowly getting ready for work. Today it's 12 to 8:30.. It's 96 outside and humidity has climbed to 25%, we might get a little rain. Today's high is expected to be 106.

TOTD: There are so many. One of the best was in high school when I spent five weeks during the summer with my Great Aunt & Uncle in Holiday, FL. They lived on a canal that was salt and fresh water mixed...the fishing was good and it was neat seeing the gators. They are both gone now and I miss them dearly.

RobJohnson
08-18-2010, 12:39 AM
Work was busy. We are having high winds & lightning.

I hope I can finish my laundry before the storm hits and the power goes off. :eek:

If it does rain, it's usually over in about ten minutes.

Rockntractor
08-18-2010, 12:43 AM
Work was busy. We are having high winds & lightning.

I hope I can finish my laundry before the storm hits and the power goes off. :eek:

If it does rain, it's usually over in about ten minutes.
We got about 2 hours of rain and I took the day off, sorta.

RobJohnson
08-18-2010, 12:45 AM
We got about 2 hours of rain and I took the day off, sorta.

We really need the rain. When I walked outside after work my eyes were filled with dust.