PDA

View Full Version : Project Limbo Wednesday!

Gingersnap
08-18-2010, 09:58 AM
We'll get into the high 80s/very low 90s out here today. I can already see that summer is ending. It's getting dark earilier and it's getting cooler quicker in the evening. :(

TOTD: We all have them: the unfinished project. This can be anything from pouring a driveway (my neighbor has waited so long to pour that he will have regrade the thing) to ironing a basket of shirts (you can't be buying new forever). It might be a drippy faucet or working your way through that P90X set you bought. Half-knitted socks, half-painted bathrooms, and semi-organized closets are all fair game.

No work-related stuff (we all have that, too).

TOTD: What are your half-done or infinitely postponed projects?

linda22003
08-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Ironing? That's what the dry cleaner is for. Of course I have half-finished knitting projects; finishing them is never something that's going to be done all at once.

Gingersnap
08-18-2010, 10:19 AM
Ironing? That's what the dry cleaner is for. Of course I have half-finished knitting projects; finishing them is never something that's going to be done all at once.

I used to have a sock problem. I love to knit socks but somehow I would so long to start the second sock that I'd forget the pattern. It was tragic. Finally I wised up and realized that knitting both socks on two sets of needles at the same time would cure this issue. Needles are cheap.

Now, I have a lot of excellent socks and no stray singletons. :)

RobJohnson
08-18-2010, 10:54 AM
We had all the signs of a thunderstorm last night but the rain was absent. :mad: The lightning show over Death Valley was spectacular.

TOTD: Other then a good book I usually don't start any thing that I can't finish right away. I'm too anal & compulsive to do otherwise.

linda22003
08-18-2010, 11:09 AM
I used to have a sock problem. I love to knit socks but somehow I would so long to start the second sock that I'd forget the pattern. It was tragic. Finally I wised up and realized that knitting both socks on two sets of needles at the same time would cure this issue. Needles are cheap.

Now, I have a lot of excellent socks and no stray singletons. :)

I just don't see myself knitting socks.

PoliCon
08-18-2010, 11:14 AM

you'd ruin your reputation as a shiksa if you did:p

Gingersnap
08-18-2010, 11:40 AM

Really? Why not? :confused:

linda22003
08-18-2010, 11:52 AM
For the same reason I don't bake my own crackers. :p

Gingersnap
08-18-2010, 11:56 AM
For the same reason I don't bake my own crackers. :p

Well, crackers are pretty much all the same but hand knit socks are all completely different and very cool. Besides, it can be a pain to drag a sweater-in-progress around but a sock it totally portable.

Rockntractor
08-18-2010, 10:05 PM
I need to catch up on my crocheting!

Gingersnap
08-18-2010, 10:14 PM
I need to catch up on my crocheting!

Pig hats?

Rockntractor
08-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Pig hats?

Yeah how did you know?:confused:

Rockntractor
08-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Well, crackers are pretty much all the same but hand knit socks are all completely different and very cool. Besides, it can be a pain to drag a sweater-in-progress around but a sock it totally portable.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/0609SeussFoxInSocksheavehawk.gif?t=1282419477