PDA

View Full Version : I am exhausted with life and people, and quite frankly, I do sometimes wish that

SarasotaRepub
08-18-2010, 06:11 PM
:rolleyes: DRAMA QUEEN ALERT!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8968294) :rolleyes:

Skidmore http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-18-10 01:05 PM
Original message I am exhausted with life and people, and quite frankly, I do sometimes wish that

I could just go to sleep and never wake up. No, I'm not suicidal, just exhausted. Bone tired. Worn out with all the outrage from all sides. Tired of the tribalism from inside and outside of our nation. Sick of the evil that crawls among us and those who feed it. Sick of the empty eyes and souls that only show sparks of life when the circus passes before them. Sick of the greed and games. Sicker still of those who yell the loudest but put nothing on the line to stop it--those who wail and beat their chests while posturing and hurling invectives. Tired of the political stink bombs, incoming and outgoing. Tired of looking forever skyward to avoid being hit rather than to the ground to make certain it is firm. Those who scream the loudest about the space on earth that both the very young and the elderly take up. I'm sick of the greed. I'm sick of the things, stuff, merchandise, garbage, clutter that is pushed on us. Sick of doing without. Sick of worrying and feeling discarded. Achingly exhausted in the sinews. Numbness will never come. In its absence, I just want to sleep, endlessly sleep.

But,but,but skidmarks...your Lord O is in da White House!!! Didn't you get your Free Pony and Rainbow delivered????:confused:

m00
08-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Some people just need hobbies.

Or jobs. :D

Dan D. Doty
08-18-2010, 06:50 PM
Here's a suggestiom for ya Skidmore.

Stop hanging out with the crazies on DU for awhile and go out and enjoy yourself for a change.

DU ain't nothin' but a bunch of doom and gloomers, sh*t go to a movie, go swiming, get outside and get some vitamin D.

Fore God sake stop hanging around with jerkazoids that tell how things bad are every day, and scream hate at everyone else 24/7.

Gingersnap
08-18-2010, 08:05 PM
I've been actually poor. Not government cheese poor (although that too) but really poor. I've been unemployed. I've been unhappy with Washington. I've had run-ins with other people that made me despair of the human condition.

But I've never been a Drama Queen.

Speedy
08-18-2010, 08:22 PM
I laughed my way through the toughest times. Even prison. What a pussy, this guy.

Gingersnap
08-18-2010, 08:28 PM
I laughed my way through the toughest times. Even prison. What a pussy, this guy.

I wouldn't say the really bad times were a Laff 'O Rama but I was always working toward a better outcome and felt optimistic.

NJCardFan
08-18-2010, 09:33 PM
I've been actually poor. Not government cheese poor (although that too) but really poor. I've been unemployed. I've been unhappy with Washington. I've had run-ins with other people that made me despair of the human condition.

I've been poor. At one time my wife and I were so bad off that we actually went to get foodstamps. We weren't asking for much, just enough to get us by for a few months. My wife was having trouble finding work and the job I had I wasn't making any money...at all. It was a Sara Lee bagel route while in Arizona and my returns were outweighing my sales. I was selling my returns at the local flea market for rent money. Anyhoo, we swallowed our pride and went to the state for help. To say they put us through the wringer is an understatement and it pissed me off. I had to show proof that I was working in the negative even though a check of my SS# would have shown no income. We were called in 4 times to keep bringing stuff in to prove we were having trouble. Finally they relented. We got $75 a month for 3 months and they prorated the 1st month meaning we only got about $40 in that first month. That pissed me off. I was convinced that if our skin color was of a darker hue and our English skills lacking, they would have backed the truck up for us.

Gingersnap
08-18-2010, 10:12 PM
I've been poor. At one time my wife and I were so bad off that we actually went to get foodstamps. We weren't asking for much, just enough to get us by for a few months. My wife was having trouble finding work and the job I had I wasn't making any money...at all. It was a Sara Lee bagel route while in Arizona and my returns were outweighing my sales. I was selling my returns at the local flea market for rent money. Anyhoo, we swallowed our pride and went to the state for help. To say they put us through the wringer is an understatement and it pissed me off. I had to show proof that I was working in the negative even though a check of my SS# would have shown no income. We were called in 4 times to keep bringing stuff in to prove we were having trouble. Finally they relented. We got $75 a month for 3 months and they prorated the 1st month meaning we only got about $40 in that first month. That pissed me off. I was convinced that if our skin color was of a darker hue and our English skills lacking, they would have backed the truck up for us.

Maybe not. Back in the day, government assistance was a lot harder and more inconvenient to get which meant that part of the potential group did other things. That's not bad. You might have been pissed but would you seriously want it to be like it is now? Weren't you motivated to get off?

When I was a kid, my Uncle was on the government cheese. Every couple of weeks he had to show up at an actual truck (we were that rural) and get his box of government food. He gave most of it to us since he was single and never cooked a thing in his life aside from BBQ.

It was humiliating and instructive. He did everything short of armed robbery to get off and he did. We laugh about it now but it wasn't funny then. Given his anti-social, random life choices, I assume he would have eaten off the government forever had he not been pained by the process.

MountainMan
08-18-2010, 11:24 PM

Word.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-19-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm sick of the things, stuff, merchandise, garbage, clutter that is pushed on us. Sick of doing without.

Anyone notice a contradiction here???? :rolleyes:

Ol' Skids is just mad we don't like him trying to leach off society.

FDK
08-19-2010, 07:37 AM
I'm depressed too. I wanted a pony but only got a puppy.

ralph wiggum
08-19-2010, 09:44 AM
How do these people let politics affect their psyche? I've lived my adult life through George HW Bush/Clinton/W & 0bama. I didn't particularly care for Clinton or 0bama, but I don't let it ruin my daily life.

Gingersnap
08-19-2010, 09:44 AM
I'm depressed too. I wanted a pony but only got a puppy.

But it was sparkly puppy, right? :D

Shannon
08-19-2010, 09:55 AM
Oh FFS. Are you kidding me?:rolleyes: And this is a dude?

ralph wiggum
08-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Oh FFS. Are you kidding me?:rolleyes: And this is a dude?

I'm sure if it is a dude, his balls were put in the lockbox long ago.

noonwitch
08-19-2010, 11:35 AM
Maybe not. Back in the day, government assistance was a lot harder and more inconvenient to get which meant that part of the potential group did other things. That's not bad. You might have been pissed but would you seriously want it to be like it is now? Weren't you motivated to get off?

When I was a kid, my Uncle was on the government cheese. Every couple of weeks he had to show up at an actual truck (we were that rural) and get his box of government food. He gave most of it to us since he was single and never cooked a thing in his life aside from BBQ.

It was humiliating and instructive. He did everything short of armed robbery to get off and he did. We laugh about it now but it wasn't funny then. Given his anti-social, random life choices, I assume he would have eaten off the government forever had he not been pained by the process.

I used to hand out government cheese, as part of my field work at WMU.

We had good government cheese in K-zoo, because one of the donors to the USDA in that area was Win Schuler's. We also could never give it all away in a small and pretty middle-class community like that, and kept expanding our eligibility criteria. Any elderly person living solely on SS was eligible, all foster parents, we even started letting the homeless alcoholic guys who lived in the residential hotel get it, so that nothing got wasted. It drives me nuts that in Detroit, only the elderly and people with kids under 5 can get it. Not only that, if they are getting WIC, they can't get the government food (not just cheese, but butter, noodles, flour, powdered milk, honey), when we literally couldn't find enough people to give our allotment to.

JB
08-20-2010, 06:59 PM
Skidmore (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-18-10 01:05 PM
Original message I am exhausted with...<snip>Pussy.

Everything you posted is an external force that you could walk away from, turn off, ignore or just never deal with again. You can control everything on that list that makes you "tired". You pussy.

You don't know what real pain is. Family suffering. Incurable diseases. Watching someone take their last breath on earth while you can't do a damned thing about it. Deal with some real world reality shit before you ever post again. You pussy.

If you're ever in the Philadelphia area, call me up. I'd love to put a foot in your ass. Pussy.

Damn. Now I'm in a pissed off mood.