PDA

View Full Version : Crist Thanks God He Left GOP

PoliCon
08-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Thursday, 19 Aug 2010 08:48 AM

By: Theodore Kettle

Introduced by a Democratic state representative at a gathering of hundreds of senior citizens at a condo complex in heavily Democratic Broward County on Wednesday, Florida governor and U.S. Senate candidate Charlie Crist thanked God that he was no longer a Republican.

"You know, I used to be a Republican," Crist told the adoring crowd after an introduction by Democratic state Rep. Ari Porth. When a woman in the audience yelled out, "Thank God!" Crist immediately said, "Yeah, thank God. Right — used to be!"

The statement came the same day Washington Examiner columnist Timothy P. Carney revealed that former senator and Republican presidential nominee Bob Dole contributed $1,000 to Crist's Senate campaign against GOP nominee Marco Rubio. Carney provided the Federal Election Commission record documenting Dole's cash donation.

During Bill Clinton's first term as president, Dole as Senate minority leader was instrumental in stopping HillaryCare from becoming law. But after retiring from the Senate, the Kansan became a highly paid Washington lobbyist with the law firm of Alston & Bird, which counts the National Association for Home Care and Hospice as a client.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Crist--Thanks--God--Left--GOP/2010/08/19/id/367893

Shannon
08-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Crist can kiss my ass. I can't stand that man.:mad:

DU+NU_Reject
08-19-2010, 01:37 PM

To me, it looks like a no-brainer example of "good riddance" :cool:

Odysseus
08-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Crist and I agree on something. I'm glad that he left the GOP, too. Now, I'm just waiting for the voters in FL to dump him.

Shannon
08-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Crist and I agree on something. I'm glad that he left the GOP, too. Now, I'm just waiting for the voters in FL to dump him.

I'm working on it.:cool:

PoliCon
08-19-2010, 02:01 PM

Well apparently 1/3 of the state likes him.

NJCardFan
08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Another RINO anyway. Sadly, he's still stealing support away from Rubio.

noonwitch
08-19-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm not a Crist fan, and I don't live in Florida, so my opinion on that race really doesn't matter.

I do think he's right in one sense, although he is specifically referring to the GOP because he was a member of that party until recently. That is, that most americans are sick of both parties and would like to have some better options out there.

SaintLouieWoman
08-19-2010, 04:53 PM
Another RINO anyway. Sadly, he's still stealing support away from Rubio.

No he's a lower form than a RINO. He's not even a RINO anymore, just a turncoat. Sick that the guy won't refund the contributions made to him by Florida Republicans before he decided that he couldn't win the Republican primary.

Now I'm glad that I live in Florida, so I can vote against him. The problem is, which of the alternatives is best? I'm sick of all the mudslinging by all the canddates.

FlaGator
08-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Crist has no loyalty to anything other than his ego. He'd turn his backs just as quickly on the democrats if he thought it would get him more votes.

PoliCon
08-19-2010, 05:22 PM
No he's a lower form than a RINO. He's not even a RINO anymore, just a turncoat. Sick that the guy won't refund the contributions made to him by Florida Republicans before he decided that he couldn't win the Republican primary.

Now I'm glad that I live in Florida, so I can vote against him. The problem is, which of the alternatives is best? I'm sick of all the mudslinging by all the canddates.

You all had best vote him down or you're in deep trouble. :mad::mad::p

Hawkgirl
08-19-2010, 05:30 PM
I'll be giving my vote to Rubio...we are voting next week.

SaintLouieWoman
08-19-2010, 10:14 PM
I'll be giving my vote to Rubio...we are voting next week.

Rubio was at the Hannity concert in Orlando over the weekend. But then they all were---but not Crist. :D

Proud Infidel
08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Governor Crist has truly shown just what an infantile snob he is when he bolted from the GOP after Mr. Rubio climbed out of obscurity, doing the "If you don't play my way, I'm taking my football and going home!" play. I'm deployed in Kuwait right now, and Gov. Crist showed up at the departure ceremony over an hor late, having directed his plant to the wrong location and leaving us just standing there on the floor in formation with our wives and families waiting, costing us more than a few of those precious last few minutes together(about an hour). You can tell a lot about someone's attitude and demeanor by their posture, and during the departure ceremony, Crist sat in his chair all rumpled up like he didn't want to be there, and looked at us with contempt. He whisked out of there as soon as the ceremony was over with his attitude "Hey, the photo op's over with, let's jet!", not even taking the time to talk to some of his National Guardsmen headed for the Middle East. Compare him with Jeb Bush, who visited us twice while we were in Afghanistan. While there, some of his representatives were asking soldiers about things like their spouses' employment, medical care, etc., and checking up afterward (Commanders were told of this, and anyone having such problems was encouraged to talk to them). Gov. Bush would also insist on having lunch with the troops, Sergeants and below to spend time and talk with them. He also appeared at our Welcome Home celebration and stayed for at least a few hours afterward to talk with us troops, have photos, etc. THERE is a comparison between a real conservative and a Crist, the conceited Country Club RINO!!!

NJCardFan
08-20-2010, 11:56 AM
The sad thing is that by saying that he basically is telling those Republicans who supported him all these years a big "Fuck You".

Arroyo_Doble
08-20-2010, 11:58 AM
It must gall so many that they cannot purge the last GOP moderates out of the party in Maine.

SaintLouieWoman
08-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Governor Crist has truly shown just what an infantile snob he is when he bolted from the GOP after Mr. Rubio climbed out of obscurity, doing the "If you don't play my way, I'm taking my football and going home!" play. I'm deployed in Kuwait right now, and Gov. Crist showed up at the departure ceremony over an hor late, having directed his plant to the wrong location and leaving us just standing there on the floor in formation with our wives and families waiting, costing us more than a few of those precious last few minutes together(about an hour). You can tell a lot about someone's attitude and demeanor by their posture, and during the departure ceremony, Crist sat in his chair all rumpled up like he didn't want to be there, and looked at us with contempt. He whisked out of there as soon as the ceremony was over with his attitude "Hey, the photo op's over with, let's jet!", not even taking the time to talk to some of his National Guardsmen headed for the Middle East. Compare him with Jeb Bush, who visited us twice while we were in Afghanistan. While there, some of his representatives were asking soldiers about things like their spouses' employment, medical care, etc., and checking up afterward (Commanders were told of this, and anyone having such problems was encouraged to talk to them). Gov. Bush would also insist on having lunch with the troops, Sergeants and below to spend time and talk with them. He also appeared at our Welcome Home celebration and stayed for at least a few hours afterward to talk with us troops, have photos, etc. THERE is a comparison between a real conservative and a Crist, the conceited Country Club RINO!!!

Thank you for your service and for your comments. I've just moved to Florida and your comment, more than any other, has convinced me to never vote for Crist. The difference is the Bush's have class and do care for the military. I guess it's not in vogue to say something nice about a member of the Bush family, but don't care. It is unforgivable for Crist to have treated you and everyone else like that. He's a jerk.

Odysseus
08-21-2010, 10:37 AM

The Bushes always make it a point to visit the troops. W came to FT Hood without any fanfare after Hasan's shooting spree and very quietly visited the wounded, and while we didn't know it at the time (security was tight, and as I said, there was no fanfare), word got around the post very quickly. Politicians like Crist are about the photo op and staging appearances. Crist's refusal to give back donations when the donors demanded objected to financing an end run around their party was typical. Fortunately, Rubio is moving up in the polls and we should be seeing the last of Charlie.

m00
08-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Crist has no loyalty to anything other than his ego. He'd turn his backs just as quickly on the democrats if he thought it would get him more votes.

Isn't that the way it should be?

That politicians answer to the constituents rather than the party?

NJCardFan
08-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Isn't that the way it should be?

That politicians answer to the constituents rather than the party?

Partially but only if when you were elected you did it on your own dime. If someone else is footing the bill, a little lip service and ass kissing goes a long way. Then there are his Republican supporters who he is thumbing his nose at. If you're going to be an independent, do so because that's what you believe, not because it gives you the best chance at winning. Crist is a phony and sadly, he's going to win.

MountainMan
08-21-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm working on it.:cool:

Work harder..... Standing out in front of Lane Bryant with a "Rubio for Senate" sign isn't enough..... :p;)

PoliCon
08-22-2010, 06:50 PM
I'll wager that Crist is getting a pass from the MSM there in Florida while Rubio is being lambasted. Am I right?

hazlnut
08-25-2010, 07:59 PM
Thursday, 19 Aug 2010 08:48 AM

By: Theodore Kettle

Introduced by a Democratic state representative at a gathering of hundreds of senior citizens at a condo complex in heavily Democratic Broward County on Wednesday, Florida governor and U.S. Senate candidate Charlie Crist thanked God that he was no longer a Republican.

"You know, I used to be a Republican," Crist told the adoring crowd after an introduction by Democratic state Rep. Ari Porth. When a woman in the audience yelled out, "Thank God!" Crist immediately said, "Yeah, thank God. Right used to be!"

The statement came the same day Washington Examiner columnist Timothy P. Carney revealed that former senator and Republican presidential nominee Bob Dole contributed $1,000 to Crist's Senate campaign against GOP nominee Marco Rubio. Carney provided the Federal Election Commission record documenting Dole's cash donation.

During Bill Clinton's first term as president, Dole as Senate minority leader was instrumental in stopping HillaryCare from becoming law. But after retiring from the Senate, the Kansan became a highly paid Washington lobbyist with the law firm of Alston & Bird, which counts the National Association for Home Care and Hospice as a client.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Crist--Thanks--God--Left--GOP/2010/08/19/id/367893

Newsmax????

I see the "breaking news" standards around here haven't changed.

Any old OP-ED piece works. News, editorial, opinion, Palin twats... I mean tweets.... It's all News, right?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-25-2010, 09:16 PM
http://chzderp.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/599fcaf0-6ede-4adc-b9de-80d71bda4249.jpg

http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/the_tards_come_marching_one_by_one_tra_laa_tra_laa _trollcat.jpg