PDA

View Full Version : Muslim Employee: Disney Banned Head Scarf

PoliCon
08-19-2010, 01:57 PM
http://www.breitbart.tv/muslim-employee-disney-banned-head-scarf/

All of a sudden she wants to wear it. Can anyone say PUBLICITY STUNT?? :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
08-19-2010, 02:29 PM
A company puts their policies right out in the open. If you don't want to abide by them, work elsewhere.

Gingersnap
08-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Disney has a dress code because they have worked for 40 freaking years to carefully manage every single client/employee interaction. They did not threaten to fire her and I have to assume that the job they offered her behind the scenes had the same wage and benefits as her current job (you know they would have mentioned it if it didn't).

Her complaint is that not being a hostess is "humiliating". Really? So everybody who isn't a hostess is some kind of scum? :rolleyes:

You don't see a lot of Orthodox Jews working in strip clubs. Very few Vegans work in the fur industry. No Wiccans draped in Wiccan jewelry are manning the counters of the Family Christian bookstore chain. Nobody in their right mind would put an obvious anorexic in a public position in the food industry.

Grow up. There are plenty of Christian women nowadays who also cover but they aren't pimping donuts at Disneyland.

Articulate_Ape
08-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Disney has a dress code because they have worked for 40 freaking years to carefully manage every single client/employee interaction. They did not threaten to fire her and I have to assume that the job they offered her behind the scenes had the same wage and benefits as her current job (you know they would have mentioned it if it didn't).

Her complaint is that not being a hostess is "humiliating". Really? So everybody who isn't a hostess is some kind of scum? :rolleyes:

You don't see a lot of Orthodox Jews working in strip clubs. Very few Vegans work in the fur industry. No Wiccans draped in Wiccan jewelry are manning the counters of the Family Christian bookstore chain. Nobody in their right mind would put an obvious anorexic in a public position in the food industry.

Grow up. There are plenty of Christian women nowadays who also cover but they aren't pimping donuts at Disneyland.

Spot on, Ginger. I had a friend in CA that worked at Disneyland in the late 70's and early 80's running the Jungle Cruise ride. He told me that Disney had a strict policy of zero facial hair and even required male employees to shave twice a day if necessary to comply. I have no idea whether they still have that policy, but I do know that they are very strict.

PoliCon
08-19-2010, 05:20 PM
With Disney - appearances are everything.

NJCardFan
08-19-2010, 10:57 PM
The whole deal is that any private business is allowed to run itself as it sees fit. This woman is not entitled to that job. If she doesn't like Disney's policies then she can go work somewhere that allows her to wear a hibjab. I'm so tired of this bullshit in this country.