PDA

View Full Version : One shot at Arkansas Democratic Party headquarters

Elspeth
08-13-2008, 03:07 PM
One person was shot Wednesday at the Little Rock headquarters of the Arkansas Democratic Party, police said.

CNN affiliates report that Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman Bill Gwatney was shot.

The shooter, described as a white male, came into the headquarters before noon and asked for Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman Bill Gwatney before firing three shots, CNN affiliate KATV reported.

Little Rock police would not confirm or deny whether Gwatney was shot.

CNN affiliate KTHV reported that a witness working in a nearby shop said Gwatney's assistant ran into the shop and asked her to call 911 because the chairman had been shot.

Little Rock police Lt. Terry Hastings said that the victim was in critical condition at a hospital.

A vehicle description was provided to police, Hastings said, and officers chased the suspect into Grant County, about 20 miles south of Little Rock. Hastings said the suspect was shot and taken into custody, he said. ..

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/08/13/arkansas.shooting/index.html

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Bill_Gwatney

Bill Gwatney, as a superdelegate, has endorsed Hillary Clinton for President.

megimoo
08-13-2008, 03:15 PM
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Bill_Gwatney

Bill Gwatney, as a superdelegate, has endorsed Hillary Clinton for President.Obama's people have declared open warfare with Clintons gang,
........................"There Will Be Blood !

Elspeth
08-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Obama's people have declared open warfare with Clintons gang,

Certainly looks like that, doesn't it.

linda22003
08-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Certainly looks like that, doesn't it.

On what evidence?

Elspeth
08-13-2008, 03:49 PM
On what evidence?

Ah. Forgot to put my winky smiley in.

BTW, breaking: the suspect is now dead. cnn.com

Eyelids
08-13-2008, 06:09 PM
Obama's people have declared open warfare with Clintons gang,

You're an asshole...

Elspeth
08-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Both Gwatney and the shooter are now dead.

SarasotaRepub
08-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Both Gwatney and the shooter are now dead.

Yeah I just that also. That's horrible for Mr. Gwatney and his family. I could care
less about the POS shooter.

ralph wiggum
08-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Yeah I just that also. That's horrible for Mr. Gwatney and his family. I could care
less about the POS shooter.

Of course the DUmmies are blaming "right-wing hate radio" for this shooting. :rolleyes: :mad:

megimoo
08-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Gunman fatally shoots Ark. Dem. Party chairman

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) -- A man barged into the Arkansas Democratic headquarters and opened fire Wednesday, fatally shooting the state party chairman before speeding off in his pickup. Police later shot and killed the suspect after a 30-mile chase. Police said they don't know the motive for the 51-year-old suspect, whose name has not been released. However, they said moments after the shooting, he pointed a handgun at the building manager at the nearby the Arkansas Baptist headquarters. He told the manager "I lost my job," said Dan Jordan, a Baptist convention official. Chairman Bill Gwatney died four hour...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jZT13WqlQ9i-8LZpa2zR-f0t9YSwD92HLDB00

SarasotaRepub
08-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Of course the DUmmies are blaming "right-wing hate radio" for this shooting. :rolleyes: :mad:

Well...that's why we call em DUmmies!!! Frackin morons.

Lanie
08-13-2008, 07:14 PM
Uh, not trying to piss people off, my first thoughts about suspects actually would be either an extremist from the Republican side or an anarchist (people so liberal that they see the Dem party as a threat).

megimoo
08-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Wounded suspect in Ark.shooting dies after chase

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) A man who said he wanted to volunteer for the Arkansas Democratic Party barged into the chairman's office Wednesday and shot him three times, wounding him critically, police and witnesses said. The suspect died after being shot during a 30-mile chase.

"He came in and went into this office and started shooting," police Lt. Terry Hastings told reporters outside the party's headquarters near Arkansas' state Capitol building. Police said they didn't have a motive.

Party officials identified the victim as chairman Bill Gwatney, a former longtime legislator who owns three General Motors car dealerships in and around Little Rock.

"He said he was interested in volunteering, but that was obviously a lie," said Sam Higginbotham, a 17-year-old volunteer at the headquarters. He said the man pushed his way past an employee to reach Gwatney's office.

By virtue of his position, Gwatney is a superdelegate to the Democratic National Convention this month in Denver. He declared his support for Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., after the Arkansas primary Feb. 5.

National Democratic Party chairman Howard Dean said the shooting was a shock.

"Our thoughts and prayers go out to Chairman Gwatney and his family and we pray for his full and speedy recovery," Dean said. "While the investigation of this shooting continues, and our primary concern remains with Bill and his family, we commend the courageous and speedy action of law enforcement officials in apprehending the suspect."

The suspect, 51, was chased into Grant County, south of the capital, and apprehended after being shot, Hastings said. Police fired at the man but it wasn't known whether he also suffered self-inflicted injuries.

Millie McLain, a reporter for the Sheridan Headlight newspaper, said the suspect's blue truck was turned sideways along Arkansas 46 northeast of Sheridan. Emergency crews were loading the man onto a Med-Flight helicopter.

Moments before the Democratic headquarters shooting, a man with a gun threatened the building manager of the Arkansas State Baptist Convention headquarters seven blocks east. It wasn't known if the incidents were related

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jZT13WqlQ9i-8LZpa2zR-f0t9YSwD92HK2A00

Space Gravy
08-13-2008, 08:23 PM
With the shooter dead, at this point why he did it will be speculation.

expat-pattaya
08-13-2008, 08:57 PM
So how long before this is a Bush operation on DU :rolleyes:

And before I get too cynical, condolences to the family of Bill Gwatney. RIP. :(

megimoo
08-13-2008, 09:00 PM
So how long before this is a Bush operation on DU :rolleyes:

And before I get too cynical, condolences to the family of Bill Gwatney. RIP. :(
It will take a while .Them DU critters read real slow .Hows the weather over there ?

Gingersnap
08-13-2008, 09:08 PM
Sorry! I screwed there for a minute trying to combine these threads. :o

Elspeth
08-13-2008, 09:21 PM

Where did you screw?:eek:

Gingersnap
08-13-2008, 09:44 PM
Where did you screw?:eek:

Trust me, my fellow Mods can see it. :D

llongoria
08-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Now if he was a conservative and believed in our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS TO BEAR ARMS, he may have been able to defend himself. I think lefties aughtah stand up for AMERICA and stop suppressing us.

expat-pattaya
08-14-2008, 12:41 AM
It will take a while .Them DU critters read real slow .Hows the weather over there ?

I am confused about the thread combine, but then I confuse easily :D

Weather is great. High 80s every day with a predictable storm for about 30 minutes every evening. Lot's cooler than my home in Arizona :cool:

ralph wiggum
08-14-2008, 01:20 AM

Weather is great. High 80s every day with a predictable storm for about 30 minutes every evening. Lot's cooler than my home in Arizona :cool:

Thread combination was between Breaking News & General Discussion. Not a big deal. Now most of our posted thoughts are in the same thread. :D

expat-pattaya
08-14-2008, 03:49 AM
Thread combination was between Breaking News & General Discussion. Not a big deal. Now most of our posted thoughts are in the same thread. :D

You mean, like a Vulcan mind meld :D

Eyelids
08-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Now if he was a conservative and believed in our CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS TO BEAR ARMS, he may have been able to defend himself. I think lefties aughtah stand up for AMERICA and stop suppressing us.

There was no way this guy would've been able to defend himself.

Teetop
08-14-2008, 04:05 PM

True, he was a liberal democrat ...

Rebel Yell
08-14-2008, 04:45 PM

I went to a Thai food restaraunt a while back. I would starve to death over there.:D

I hate it for the victim, even though I'd never heard of him.

AmPat
08-14-2008, 07:44 PM

You did what?:confused::D

FlaGator
08-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Originally Posted by Gingersnap
Sorry! I screwed there for a minute trying to combine these threads.

That was way to much information Ginger.

YupItsMe
08-15-2008, 12:49 PM

I guess that's what they call a quickie.
:eek:

noonwitch
08-18-2008, 08:27 AM
This guy picked the office not randomly, but not as specifically as the more paranoid DUers would think. He's a wack job, and he'd probably attack republicans, too-he probably chose the dem office because it was convenient for him for some reason.

expat-pattaya
08-18-2008, 09:17 AM
I went to a Thai food restaraunt a while back. I would starve to death over there.:D

Well, if you like Japanese, british, french, belgium, swiss, american, or any other food you ca name you'll be OK here :D

I love thai food but it no longer likes me :(

asdf2231
08-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyelids

True, he was a liberal democrat ...

ROFLMFAO!!

:D