PDA

View Full Version : Video of the D'Souza, Hitchens, Prager debate is up.

The Night Owl
08-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Video of the recent D'Souza, Hitchens, Prager debate...

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=tothesource1&p=r

Molon Labe
08-13-2008, 05:17 PM
I look forward to watching some of this.
I used to respect Hitchen's, but his weakness is in his use of man's philosophy of God as "incompetant and cruel" as justification why one should not believe in a supreme being. His book is very disappointing. Once again he confuses man's twisting of religion for selfish reasons with God.
Unfortunately D'Souza is little better for the opposing view.
Too bad C.S. Lewis isn't still alive.

Troll
08-13-2008, 05:35 PM
I look forward to watching some of this.
I used to respect Hitchen's, but his weakness is in his use of man's philosophy of God as "incompetant and cruel" as justification why one should not believe in a supreme being. His book is very disappointing. Once again he confuses man's twisting of religion for selfish reasons with God.
Too bad C.S. Lewis isn't still alive.

I'm watching part 4 now. I'll agree with you; it's hard to not respect Hitchens, because although I disagree with him on the existence of God, I think he's a brilliant debater. I certainly wouldn't want to be on the opposite side of the table from him if we were talking religion.

The Night Owl
08-13-2008, 05:45 PM

Dinesh D'Souza does about as good a job as can be done in defense of religion. Then again, some of his arguments seem to be more rooted in agnosticism than theism.