PDA

View Full Version : Why I'm not donating to DU this time.

BSR
08-20-2010, 10:17 PM
Pab Sungenis Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Donate to DU! Fri Aug-20-10 10:04 PM
Original message
Why I'm not donating to DU this time.

It's not because of the people who belittle those of us who are disappointed with Obama's performance.

It's not because of the people who seem to be rooting for the President to fail, either.

It's just because I literally can't.

My electricity was shut off on the 10th, my 41st birthday. It took every penny we had in the bank and in our pockets just to get power back on, and then only for two weeks while we try to raise the rest of the money we need.

My husband Bryan started a new job this week, but won't see a penny for more than three weeks. We're nursing every last drop of gasoline we have left to get him to and from work. We don't have money for food and are rationing what we have in the pantry to get us through to that first paycheck.

So that's why I'm not donating to DU this time around. I wish I could. Don't take it as a vote of no confidence in the site.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8986918

This makes me happy. I will sleep well tonight. :cool:

marv
08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Awwwwwwww.......http://users.mo-net.com/mcruzan/avatars/violin.gif

Articulate_Ape
08-20-2010, 10:27 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8986918

This makes me happy. I will sleep well tonight. :cool:

Unlike you, it does not make me happy (assuming it is true). It does, however, beg the question: What will it take to wake these stupid, whining fucking maggots up to the fact that they have been taught the wrong shit, believe the wrong shit, and have voted for the wrong shit?

BSR
08-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Unlike you, it does not make me happy (assuming it is true). It does, however, beg the question: What will it take to wake these stupid, whining fucking maggots up to the fact that they have been taught the wrong shit, believe the wrong shit, and have voted for the wrong shit?

Im a dick... Ask around..

Articulate_Ape
08-20-2010, 10:33 PM

I did. The conventional wisdom is that you are what you eat. :p

BSR
08-20-2010, 10:36 PM
I did. The conventional wisdom is that you are what you eat. :p

3/10...

I've heard better gay jokes..

SarasotaRepub
08-20-2010, 10:41 PM
But as usual, the DUmmy still has $$$ to post on DU. :rolleyes::D

Articulate_Ape
08-20-2010, 10:42 PM
I've heard better gay jokes..

It always has to be about you, doesn't it?

BSR
08-20-2010, 10:43 PM
It always has to be about you, doesn't it?

If you werent a woman I would sock you... right in the mouth...

Gingersnap
08-20-2010, 10:46 PM

I can verify this - for like years. BSR is still family, though. Just not in the babysitting-your-kids-under-18 sense. :p

BSR
08-20-2010, 10:50 PM
I can verify this - for like years. BSR is still family, though. Just not in the babysitting-your-kids-under-18 sense. :p

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/lomis/drunk-kids.jpg

Awwwwww Yeah !!!!!

Gingersnap
08-20-2010, 10:52 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/lomis/drunk-kids.jpg

Awwwwww Yeah !!!!!

Exactly.

Lager
08-20-2010, 10:54 PM
All these people over at the du, bragging how they donated a star for someone. Wouldn't their money be better spent going to Pakistan? Or some society promoting the rights of gay, minority homeless, environmentalist atheists?

BSR
08-20-2010, 10:58 PM
Exactly.

Fuck, I cant drink alone. I'll look like an alcoholic...:mad:

Gingersnap
08-20-2010, 11:08 PM
Fuck, I cant drink alone. I'll look like an alcoholic...:mad:

Check out my "How To Survive An Intervention And Win!" thread in the Lounge. I've got your back, buddy.

Articulate_Ape
08-20-2010, 11:20 PM
If you werent a woman I would sock you... right in the mouth...

If you were a man, you might get away with it -- with one arm left. :p

JackKetch
08-21-2010, 03:14 AM
But as usual, the DUmmy still has $$$ to post on DU. :rolleyes::D

she should have said she was posting from a library computer. that's what a poster there who claims to be homeless always says.

djones520
08-21-2010, 03:16 AM
she should have said she was posting from a library computer. that's what a poster there who claims to be homeless always says.

Except when their posting at 11 at night. Then their strangely quiet about it... :rolleyes:

Someone should ask Pabs how they can't afford food or gas, but can afford the internet. Or to hand out the address of the library that stays open till 10 at night so Bobbo can start posting more.

cajunrevenge
08-21-2010, 03:57 AM
I am waiting till they start saying having high speed internet is a right. Pretty sure they have already said that but I bet in 20 years its one of their biggest issues.

BadCat
08-21-2010, 10:08 AM

You don't know Pabs...he's one of the most despicable faggot DUmmies in the whole lice infested place.

If he dies a painful death of AIDS, I'll buy a keg and have a two day party.

m00
08-21-2010, 10:58 AM
I am waiting till they start saying having high speed internet is a right. Pretty sure they have already said that but I bet in 20 years its one of their biggest issues.

Would be an improvement from universal healthcare. At least the "right" to high speed internet doesnt fuck up my life.

JackKetch
08-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Except when their posting at 11 at night. Then their strangely quiet about it... :rolleyes:

Someone should ask Pabs how they can't afford food or gas, but can afford the internet. Or to hand out the address of the library that stays open till 10 at night so Bobbo can start posting more.

there's a thread at DU now titled 'to wi-fi gypsies' and people are listing all sorts of places to get free wi-fi. there was one claim that some libraries leave their wi-fi on all night.

i think there probably are a good many people who take advantage of free wi-fi. i know that the homeless in my city use the library a lot because it's warm in winter, cool in summer, and provides shelter from rain and snow, in addition to books, newspapers, magazines, computers, and a snack room. only the snacks cost money.

i do not believe every sob story i read online but it stands to reason that many unemployed people continue using their laptops and someone else's wi-fi or use a library's computers. some could also be posting from a computer at a friend's or family member's home.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=389&topic_id=8988454&mesg_id=8988454