PDA

View Full Version : Witnessing our government sell my land for the "crime" of growing pot

SarasotaRepub
08-21-2010, 08:56 AM
:rolleyes: Holy smokes! What a fucking sob story from a "good old boy" DUmmy. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8981174)

I'm not going to bring the text over, it's Pitt long if ya know what I mean. But DU Goober from TN is having some of his land taken because the shit for brains grows "Medical" pot on it. Honestly, how fucking stupid are the DUmmies to believe this moron.

He spins a nice tale of woe so if you have some time to waste...

:D

djones520
08-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Poor Pipi_K. He obviously hasn't learned that logic and reason have no holds at DU.

pipi_k (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-20-10 09:09 AM
Response to Original message
10. Can I ask a question...
without being jumped on?

Before, or during the time when, you grew pot, did you know that it was illegal, and if you were caught doing it, what the penalty would be?

Because, you know, I am sympathetic to your plight. I don't think pot...either its use, or the growing of it...should be illegal.

But it is.

And people who know it's illegal but do it anyway, aren't they really bringing their own trouble upon themselves?

Honestly, I don't understand the mindset. People know "X" is illegal, they should also be willing to pay the consequences for doing that illegal thing....

Liberation Angel (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-20-10 09:22 AM
Response to Reply #10
12. Its simple, the laws are fascist and people resist them because it is necessary to resist evil
Growing marijuana and giving it or even selling it (to pay for the costs of growing it) to those who need it as medicine is a necessity to prevent suffering.

The fascist want us to suffer.

But such civil disobedience should not be a crime. We do know that these consequences exist, but to some it is simply survival and righteous activism.

The "trouble" is broughht by fascism and the laws.

But of course we know that fascists do not want us to alleviate suffering and we know they will make us pay (even with our lives sometimes)

I would say do not blame the victims here.

Blame fascism.

But you do have to pay the piper if you want to dance. He paid the fascist pipers a heavy price for being a righteous human being.

Criticizing or berating him for that would be wrong.

19. I didn't criticize or berate anybody...
And while I realize that some things should not even BE crimes, the fact is that some things are.

And if a person knows that something is a crime, and knows the penalties but does it anyway, like you said, he has to pay the piper.

Not act like our government arbitrarily decided to sell his land.

BakedAtAMileHigh (790 posts) Fri Aug-20-10 09:56 AM
Response to Reply #19
20. riiiiiiggght
Again, your ignorance of the history of social justice movements is simply stunning. Try reading a bit before offering an opinion on such matters, even if that opinion is framed as a question.

pipi_k (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-20-10 10:36 AM
Response to Reply #20
29. And you don't make yourself right
by being rude and obnoxious.

This isn't about "social justice".

It's about KNOWING something is a crime that is prosecuted on a daily basis, and then whining about the consequences.

Did Rosa Parks whine about being a victim? I don't think so. She knew what she did was a "crime" in those days and did it anyway. But she was ready, willing, and able to accept the consequences without whining and making herself a "victim".

I think my opinion would have been a whole lot different if people hadn't enabled the "victim" mentality by feeling sorry for someone who knowingly flouted the law.

Encourage rebellion...some laws need to be changed.

Rebellion is a good thing.

Encouraging the victim mentality? Well that just sucks.

Just give it up pipi. You're on DU. Reason doesn't exist.

SarasotaRepub
08-21-2010, 09:37 AM
Growing marijuana and giving it or even selling it (to pay for the costs of growing it) to those who need it as medicine is a necessity to prevent suffering.

JHC!!!:eek: Teh Stupid!!! It Burns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

m00
08-21-2010, 10:18 AM
I would have been much more sympathetic if he was growing it on his property for his own use on his own property (aka it never left his property).

But the fact is he was distributing it to neighbors. And then it gets a little more messy.

movie buff
08-21-2010, 10:41 AM
"Growing marijuana and giving it or even selling it (to pay for the costs of growing it) to those who need it as medicine is a necessity to prevent suffering."
And, of course, none of those who "Need it as medicine" have a prescription from a doctor who'd actually know whether or not they need it as medicine (I feel that medicinal marijuana use should be legal, but very closely regulated and only prescribed in cases of absolute necessity, and even then have its use closely monitored by a competent doctor), they just go up and say (In a Tommy Chong accent), "Hey, maaaaaan, I need, like, some medical pot because, like, I'm in some pain or something, maaaaaan."
btw, I fail to see how, even by liberals' standards, getting access to weed is a matter of "Social justice." Then again, considering that the DUmmy who said it was goes by the handle BakedataMileHigh, I can see why HE'D feel that way!

"But of course we know that fascists do not want us to alleviate suffering and we know they will make us pay (even with our lives sometimes)"
1. How is it fascist to not want people to grow and sell illegal drugs?
2. People who do that don't do it as a form of "Civil disobedience" or because it's "Necessary to resist evil" (Again, how is it evil to not want drug dealers to go on peddling their crap?); They do it purely out of greed.
3. Ooh, the big bad mean old fascists crack down on you poor, suffering drug dealers of course just because they're meanies who don't want to see others freed from pain! Watch out, here they come! Ooga booga booga!
4. Yeah, because I'm sure they'll execute you for growing weed! Moron.

FlaGator
08-21-2010, 11:06 AM
The lack of logic at DU

But such civil disobedience should not be a crime.

If it wasn't a crime then it wouldn't be civil disobedience. Pipi_k's problem his that he or she actually things about things before posting.

warpig
08-21-2010, 11:13 AM
I would think the "Facists" would want the people stoned, would make them easier to manipulate.

NJCardFan
08-21-2010, 11:35 AM
Its simple, the laws are fascist and people resist them because it is necessary to resist evil

Huh. Not allowing someone to grow, possess, or smoke pot is fascist but mandating someone to have health insurance even if they don't want it isn't. Go figure. :rolleyes:

MountainMan
08-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Liberation Angel Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Aug-20-10 08:29 AM
Response to Original message
7. This is so terribly f*cked up and yet...

Edited on Fri Aug-20-10 08:30 AM by Liberation Angel
many people are unaware of the great risks that happen when you grow your own.

I can't smoke weed myself (although I had my college years etc heh) but the main reason I stopped was because of the risks and because I did get arrested when I was a kid (well, 21) and almost went to jail for a long time in a very regressive pot-law state.

It is one reason I became a lawyer because of these injustices.

My sympathies and empathy are with you.

I actually have a film project on this subject and maybe I can interview you.

You can check out my youtube site linked in my sig line below. It deals a lot with fascism generally and resistance but the medical marijuana issue is good material for film and I have a script in the works on that as well.

Great piece of writing btw! K&R!!

I became a lawyer to grow pot and start a film project...... :rolleyes: RIGHT..................

FDK
08-21-2010, 02:52 PM
How did pipi_k ever make it to 1,000 posts? :eek:

Not only does he/she point out that the idjut knowingly broke the law but also called them on playing the victim card.

marv
08-21-2010, 07:58 PM
FWIW, THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the active chemical in marijuana, is available in pill form in any state, and it's FDA approved. And you don't have to buy fertilizer, or wait for it to grow.

Oh wait! It does require a REAL prescription from a REAL doctor. And you can get it at any REAL pharmacy.

noonwitch
08-23-2010, 08:53 AM
I don't like the forfeiture laws. I support the legalization and taxation of marijuana, it's just the practical thing to do at this point. Our medical marijuana bill in Michigan makes it legal for anyone with any chronic health condition, including arthritis, which makes it practically legal for most people over 40, anyways.
Plus, you can get a doctor to retroactively approve you if you do get busted, and that can be your legal defense on charges that were brought up before that doctor even saw you-interesting little loophole that most of the voters missed.

Gingersnap
08-23-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm for legalization but the fact is that it wasn't legal 8 years ago or whenever this happened and everybody knows that the Feds will seize your land if you grow on it. Small children have this knowledge.

It's a huge risk.

PoliCon
08-23-2010, 11:21 AM
FWIW, THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the active chemical in marijuana, is available in pill form in any state, and it's FDA approved. And you don't have to buy fertilizer, or wait for it to grow.

Oh wait! It does require a REAL prescription from a REAL doctor. And you can get it at any REAL pharmacy.

but you don't get HIGH when you take the pill. Get it? It's not about the medical properties - it never has been. It's about GETTING HIGH.