PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Hold Financial Advantage Over GOP

Satanicus
08-21-2010, 02:58 PM
WASHINGTON Federal campaign reports show that Democratic Party committees maintained a solid cash on hand advantage over their Republican counterparts as they entered the final three months before the election.

The Republican National Committee raised only $5.5 million in July, compared to $11.6 million by the Democrats. The Democrat Party reported $10.8 million in the bank and $3.5 million in debts; Republicans showed $5.3 million in the banks and $2.2 million in debts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/21/democrats-hold-financial-_n_689959.html

m00
08-21-2010, 03:00 PM
It's not hard when companies that are bailed out by a government (aka taxpayers) then go ahead and use that money to make campaign contribution to the party which runs that government.

Satanicus
08-21-2010, 03:03 PM
It's not hard when companies that are bailed out by a government (aka taxpayers) then go ahead and use that money to make campaign contribution to the party which runs that government.

They got the money from Bush through the TARP program , he demanded there were no strings attached so the banks could hold the money.

But now they donate to the DNC ?

Thats some theory there.

Rockntractor
08-21-2010, 03:08 PM
They got the money from Bush through the TARP program , he demanded there were no strings attached so the banks could hold the money.

Thats some theory there.
It's Bushes fault it's Bushes fault rah it's Bushes fault.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Parrot.gif?t=1282417674

m00
08-21-2010, 03:09 PM

Thats some theory there.

Wasn't there some article on this site in the last month that mentioned GM contributions to the Democratic Party. I'm just sayin' that's a pretty sweet deal for Democrats, considering GM is government owned.

Satanicus
08-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Wasn't there some article on this site in the last month that mentioned GM contributions to the Democratic Party. I'm just sayin' that's a pretty sweet deal for Democrats, considering GM is government owned.

Ya , they donate to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation , every year.

Year after year after year.

It's nothing new.

Constitutionally Speaking
08-21-2010, 03:38 PM

Thats some theory there.

Um, they DO OVERWHELMINGLY support the Democrats. Large corporations and the super rich have for quite some time. It is the successful small businessman and individuals only capable of smaller donations that have typically supported the GOP for quite a while now. The GOP has more doners, but the amount per doner is decidedly in favor of the Democrats.

m00
08-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Ya , they donate to the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation , every year.

Year after year after year.

It's nothing new.

So you don't see any conflict of interest there?

Satanicus
08-21-2010, 03:44 PM
So you don't see any conflict of interest there?

No , can you point it out to me ?

lacarnut
08-21-2010, 03:54 PM
It's Bushes fault it's Bushes fault rah it's Bushes fault.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Parrot.gif?t=1282417674

Polly want a cracker. Bawak, Bawak, Bawak

lacarnut
08-21-2010, 04:02 PM
WASHINGTON Federal campaign reports show that Democratic Party committees maintained a solid cash on hand advantage over their Republican counterparts as they entered the final three months before the election.

The Republican National Committee raised only $5.5 million in July, compared to $11.6 million by the Democrats. The Democrat Party reported $10.8 million in the bank and $3.5 million in debts; Republicans showed $5.3 million in the banks and $2.2 million in debts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/21/democrats-hold-financial-_n_689959.html

All the money in the world is not going to change the fact that Republicans are going to stomp the living hell out of the Donkeys come Nov 2. It is going to be a disaster for Dummies like you.

Polly want a cracker. Bawak, Bawak, Bawak.

hampshirebrit
08-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Satty, you need to address this, one of your most stupid posts. We require a proper response, either justification or more likely another "whoops, I didn't really mean that". Either will do.

New Rulez apply, you will need to resolve this before we will allow you to continue with anything else.

I wonder why these guys don't care about a church being across the street from the Murrah Federal Building after a right wing christian blew it up ?

These hacks wouldn't know freedom of religion if it cracked their hard hat.

I daresay you don't like these new rules, but tough shit. You need to address this and then you will be permitted to post other things once you have addressed it. Until then, expect all unrelated posts from you, and all requotes of your posts, to be deleted.

Satanicus
08-21-2010, 04:17 PM
Satty, you need to address this, one of your most stupid posts. We require a proper response, either justification or more likely another "whoops, I didn't really mean that". Either will do.

New Rulez apply, you will need to resolve this before we will allow you to continue with anything else.

I daresay you don't like these new rules, but tough shit. You need to address this and then you will be permitted to post other things once you have addressed it. Until then, expect all unrelated posts from you, and all requotes of your posts, to be deleted.

Your post contains no link and no question.

What the fuck are you even asking ?

hampshirebrit
08-21-2010, 04:19 PM
This post has already been challenged in the original thread, by several CUers, including at least two moderators.

Try learning to read. Until you do, do not post anything else.

We've already put you on notice that we will not allow you to cut and run. Do try to keep up.

Satanicus
08-21-2010, 04:23 PM
This post has already been challenged in the original thread. Try learning to read. Until you do, do not post anything else.

I have no idea what thread that is.... NONE.

Jeeesh.

Rockntractor
08-21-2010, 04:26 PM
This post has already been challenged in the original thread, by several CUers, including at least two moderators.

Try learning to read. Until you do, do not post anything else.

We've already put you on notice that we will not allow you to cut and run. Do try to keep up.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/wing_clipping.gif?t=1282422340

hampshirebrit
08-21-2010, 04:26 PM
It's really easy. Click on User CP, and you will see every post you have ever made. Simples.

fettpett
08-21-2010, 05:52 PM
I have no idea what thread that is.... NONE.

Jeeesh.

dumbass it's the one about the Construction workers not working on the Mosque. YOU tried to insinuate that McVeigh and Nichols bombed the Oklahoma City Building because they were Christians, NOT because they had a beef with the US government. go back to the thread and answer the responses.

Articulate_Ape
08-21-2010, 06:08 PM

Maybe Nancy Pelosi will ask that the sources backing this opposition to the will of the American people be investigated?

Lager
08-21-2010, 07:38 PM
But I thought you wanted to take the money out of politics dude? Where do you think those millions came from? Not from people at the du sending in their fives and tens.

m00
08-22-2010, 05:58 AM
No , can you point it out to me ?

Political Party A runs government.
Company X is in financial trouble.
Government bails out Company X (with taxpayer money), and becomes part-owner
Company X makes financial contributions to Political Party A.

Again... no conflict of interest in your eyes?

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 07:31 AM
Political Party A runs government.
Company X is in financial trouble.
Government bails out Company X (with taxpayer money), and becomes part-owner
Company X makes financial contributions to Political Party A.

Again... no conflict of interest in your eyes?

But Bush started the bailout of the auto industry , why wouldn't they donate to the GOP ?

WASHINGTON The emergency bailout of General Motors and Chrysler announced by President Bush on Friday gives the companies a few months to get their businesses in order, but hands off to President-elect Barack Obama the difficult political task of ruling on their future http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/20/business/20auto.html

marinejcksn
08-22-2010, 07:54 AM
All the ca$h in the World can't stop what's coming November 2nd. Bank on that.

The sad thing is, when Conservatives turn this ship around and the country gets back on her feet, if Obama moves to the center....he'll get the credit. Just like what happened with Clinton. Say what you want about John Q. Public....we've got some dumb motherf*&kers in this country who believe everything they're told.

Excluding this site, naturally. ;)

djones520
08-22-2010, 08:13 AM
But Bush started the bailout of the auto industry , why wouldn't they donate to the GOP ?

WASHINGTON The emergency bailout of General Motors and Chrysler announced by President Bush on Friday gives the companies a few months to get their businesses in order, but hands off to President-elect Barack Obama the difficult political task of ruling on their future http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/20/business/20auto.html

Probably because the US Treasury didn't become an owner until the Obama administration? July of 2009 was when GM filed Chapter 11 and the US Government because it's new owners.

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Probably because the US Treasury didn't become an owner until the Obama administration? .

Ya, Bush just handed them 20 billion and didn't get anything for it.

At least Obama bought stock that is about to be resold at a profit.

djones520
08-22-2010, 08:17 AM

Your right, Bush didn't steal a private company from the public. And I'll fart rainbows before a Democratic administration sells the rights to run one of the largest companies in the US.

marinejcksn
08-22-2010, 08:19 AM

What I don't understand is why you Liberals who complained all the time (rightfully) about Greenspan helping to expand the Housing Bubble which burst and ruined this country suddenly have nothing to say when our Government is creating the Money Bubble through out of control spending. When this bubble bursts, it's Game Over. Are you Liberal Democrats suddenly ok with budget deficits as long as your man is behind the wheel instead of an idiot Republican driving the bus?

YOU MAKE NO FREAKING SENSE.

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 08:23 AM
Your right, Bush didn't steal a private company from the public. And I'll fart rainbows before a Democratic administration sells the rights to run one of the largest companies in the US.

Well , you better turn the TV on , they are all talking about it.

GM just filed for the papers for their IPO , one of the biggest in history.

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 08:25 AM
suddenly have nothing to say when our Government is creating the Money Bubble through out of control spending.

You are implying the Democrats didn't have a problem with Bush doubling the national debt ???????

Do you recall the Bush administration telling you ... "Reagan taught us that deficits don't matter"

But it seems deficits is ALL that matters after the WH changed hands.

djones520
08-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Well , you better turn the TV on , they are all talking about it.

GM just filed for the papers for their IPO , one of the biggest in history.

We'll see just how much they sell, which no one knows about yet. They own 61% of the stock, so can sell quite a bit of it and still hold the majority.

marinejcksn
08-22-2010, 08:34 AM
You are implying the Democrats didn't have a problem with Bush doubling the national debt ???????

Do you recall the Bush administration telling you ... "Reagan taught us that deficits don't matter"

But it seems deficits is ALL that matters after the WH changed hands.

If you actually read the post, you'd know what I was and wasn't implying. I said, clearly, that you liberal Democrats had a problem when Bush ran massive deficits (REAL Conservatives and Libertarians had the same problem) but you're suddenly silent about the size of Government spending and actually encourage it now that your man is in office. How is this not a massive contradiction of your supposed principles?

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 08:34 AM
We'll see just how much they sell, which no one knows about yet..

Well, I thought you knew.

You just said you would fart rainbows before they sold.

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 08:36 AM
How is this not a massive contradiction of your supposed principles?

No nation has ever pulled out of a recession like we had without government spending.

Just doesn't happen.

Obama was not about to let the Bush administration write the last chapter on the USA and let it collapse.

djones520
08-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Well, I thought you knew.

You just said you would fart rainbows before they sold.

Let me clarify, before they sell the owning share.

djones520
08-22-2010, 08:42 AM
No nation has ever pulled out of a recession like we had without government spending.

Just doesn't happen.

Obama was not about to let the Bush administration write the last chapter on the USA and let it collapse.

Nope. He had to get the last word in himself.

marinejcksn
08-22-2010, 08:45 AM

Have you ever taken Econ 101? Government spending naturally occurs during a Recession because the Government blows Keynes every chance it gets. And I seem to remember the slogan pushed by you people that "When Clinton left, we had a surplus. Bush ran us into a deficit". Do you people not understand that deficits naturally occur when the Government spends more to "get us out of Recession"? You know, like the Recession that happened after 9/11? Oops, just shot a hole in your theory and that sucks.

If Government spending was the cure to ending economic sluggishness, why did Henry Morngenthau say this in 1939:

"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work. And I have just one interest, and if I am wrong ... somebody else can have my job. I want to see this country prosperous. I want to see people get a job. I want to see people get enough to eat. We have never made good on our promises ... I say after eight years of this Administration we have just as much unemployment as when we started ... And an enormous debt to boot!"

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Let me clarify, before they sell the owning share.

You want a clue , here ya go.

The US will sell around 11% in the IPO.

The GM stock will rise in the following months , more stock will be sold at a higher price by Canada and the USA , the GM stock will rise again , and the US will sell the rest of the stock.

GM will be saved , and the US will make a profit , and ... the GOP was against the entire thing.

obx
08-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Will that money be returned to the taxPAYERS or will the dems steal it as they have done in the past.
________
Honda Passport specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Passport)

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 09:02 AM
Will that money be returned to the taxPAYERS or will the dems steal it as they have done in the past.

Link ? ... where did the dems steal money

Can you back that up ?

marinejcksn
08-22-2010, 09:09 AM

I think we know the answer to that question. Dems, liberal Repubicans....they all steal our money every day they're in session. Satan wont answer my posts because I blew his small Libtard brain which is closed to new information and new ideas. Every Liberal (Repubic or Dem) has a mind closed tighter than a racoon's asshole. If they really were the "intelectuals" they think they are, they'd welcome different points of view, logical reasoning & skepticism....instead they follow lock-step like lemmings over the cliff behind their Pied Piper. :rolleyes:

obx
08-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I agree marinejcksn. A person does not need a link, all they have to do is look at their paycheck.
________
Pregnant Interracial (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/913/interracial/videos/1)

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 09:20 AM
I agree marinejcksn. A person does not need a link, all they have to do is look at their paycheck.

And you got a tax cut , less taxes are coming out of your check since the stimulus.

marinejcksn
08-22-2010, 09:26 AM
And you got a tax cut , less taxes are coming out of your check since the stimulus.

Will you ever answer my posts? I enjoy a healthy debate. Don't be like most Libs and run away when a higher plane of existence is reached. I was just starting to have fun.

obx
08-22-2010, 09:29 AM

That is not a tax cut. It is still owed on April 15.
________
Extreme Vaporizer Review (http://extremevaporizer.net/)

warpig
08-22-2010, 09:32 AM

First you have to recieve a check to be able to see that and second, no I didn't.

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 09:35 AM
First you have to recieve a check to be able to see that and second, no I didn't.

So you do get a check , and less taxes were not taken out after the stimulus ?

warpig
08-22-2010, 09:37 AM
So you do get a check , and less taxes were not taken out after the stimulus ?

Exactally, my taxes remained the same.

08-22-2010, 09:43 AM

Most of that was not a tax cut,it was a welfare payment. The rest of it is FAR MORE than offset by the additional taxes in the Health Care bill and the impending end of the Bush Tax cuts.

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Exactally, my taxes remained the same.

Congrats , that means you make more than 250,000

Or ... your boss knows you are an idiot and is putting the money in his pocket.

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 09:46 AM
Most of that was not a tax cut,.

What tax cut ? .. warpig just said it didn't show up on his checks , of course he is lying.

warpig
08-22-2010, 09:51 AM
What tax cut ? .. warpig just said it didn't show up on his checks , of course he is lying.

Where did you get the idea they were giving a tax cut with the stimilus bill? I don't remember that being in the converstion at all. If they did would they not be talking about recending that along with the Bush cuts?
Democrats have never seen a tax cut they wouldn't do away with.

marinejcksn
08-22-2010, 09:57 AM

He's speaking the truth, dumbass. If you got the same amount back as a refund as you paid in, then you didn't pay any taxes for the year. You were stupid enough to give the Government an interest-free loan. If you received more back then you paid in, YOU GOT A WELFARE CHECK PAID FOR BY SOMEONE MORE PRODUCTIVE THAN YOU. This is how things work in America, thanks to your Progressive tax system.

Wilson pimped us out in '13 for the 16th Amendment. Glad to see some idiots still support that act of thievery. :rolleyes:

All income taxes on all Americans should be outlawed now and forever. We'd have to cut our budget by 40% to do it. Impossible, you say? Well, if we cut our budget by 40% we'd be back at the spending levels of that time YEARS AGO.....1997. Seem to remember our economy being pretty great in '97.

fettpett
08-22-2010, 10:08 AM
There will be one of the biggest tax hikes in the HISTORY of this country come Jan 1st because this congress and the procedding one would make permament the 2001-2003 tax cuts that pulled us out of the recession that STARTED under Clinton when the Tech bubble burst in 2000 and continued until well after 9/11 which compounded the issue.

and you obviously don't understand what an IPO is. it's the intial public offering, meaning that only a seclect number of shares will be offered. you're delusional if you think that UAW and the US Gov are going to give up controling interests in the company, they wont. Also you've got a very optimistic view of what will happen with GM stock. people have to BUY GM products in order for them to have a positive growth which requires them to produce products that people want. Which they are NOT doing. GM is destined to fail. it may take 10-20 years but they will fail if they don't make products that people want.

m00
08-22-2010, 10:18 AM

You look good with those pom poms.

Apocalypse
08-22-2010, 10:42 AM
Where did you get the idea they were giving a tax cut with the stimilus bill? I don't remember that being in the converstion at all. If they did would they not be talking about recending that along with the Bush cuts?
Democrats have never seen a tax cut they wouldn't do away with.

There was, but it was so small, most people didn't even notice it.

It amounted to $7.69 a week tax break. $400 Single, $800 joint filers a year Maximum.

Oh, and its set to expire at the end of the year, which will be a TAX INCREASE on the middle class. You know, those Obama promised NOT to raise taxes on by one cent.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/27/pf/taxes/making_work_pay_tax_credit/index.htm?section=money_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fmoney_topstories+%28Top +Stories%29

djones520
08-22-2010, 10:49 AM
There was, but it was so small, most people didn't even notice it.

It amounted to $7.69 a week tax break. $400 Single, $800 joint filers a year Maximum.

Oh, and its set to expire at the end of the year, which will be a TAX INCREASE on the middle class. You know, those Obama promised NOT to raise taxes on by one cent.

http://money.cnn.com/2010/07/27/pf/taxes/making_work_pay_tax_credit/index.htm?section=money_topstories&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fmoney_topstories+%28Top +Stories%29

Wasn't even enough to buy a tank of gas every two weeks. Such a massive tax break. :rolleyes:

marinejcksn
08-22-2010, 11:12 AM
don't bother arguing with this Liberal moron. He's a coward.

Rockntractor
08-22-2010, 11:17 AM

I don't, I mock him, he has not earned any respect whatsoever.

jediab
08-22-2010, 12:15 PM
It's all very easy for shitstainicus to not care about taxes since he doesn't pay any.

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 12:28 PM

Not so.

In fact I am shutting off debate with most of these idiots.

Do you care to debate without posting giant pics of cartoons ?

I will respond to you , lets try, you start.

Rockntractor
08-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Not so.

In fact I am shutting off debate with most of these idiots.

Do you care to debate without posting giant pics of cartoons ?

I will respond to you , lets try, you start.

A parrot does nothing but repeat what it is taught and shits on where it lives.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/pirate_parrot_walking_hg_clr.gif?t=1282494370

Lager
08-22-2010, 12:33 PM

Just doesn't happen.

It is one of many accepted arguments in economics that government spending is one way to deal with a recession. However, it can also be argued that the government spending so far has not had the desired effect. It could be that the spending was not targeted that well by a democratic congress and an inexperienced man in the Presidency. Robert Reich, yes ROBERT REICH, the Clinton man, the lefty financial Guru. the liberal ROBERT REICH, said on "This Week", that this is not a summer of recovery and said that he fears a double dip recession.

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 12:36 PM
It is one of many accepted arguments in economics that government spending is one way to deal with a recession. However, it can also be argued that the government spending so far has not had the desired effect. .

The bank bailout and stimulus were to keep the nation from the kind of collapse Bush and Paulson were talking about.

I don't agree on how BOTH programs were run.

But lets be clear , It was Bush who decided to bailout the big banks , and Bush who decided to start the bailout of the auto industry.

Those here who claim it was all Obama are wrong .... do we agree ?

Rockntractor
08-22-2010, 12:37 PM
The bank bailout and stimulus were to keep the nation from the kind of collapse Bush and Paulson were talking about.

But lets be clear , It was Bush who decided to bailout the big banks , and Bush who decided to start the bailout of the auto industry.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/oh-its-bushes-fault-its-bushes-fault-demotivational-poster-1282418380.jpg?t=1282495022

Lager
08-22-2010, 12:40 PM

I agree that those actions were ill conceived, and I don't care who initated them. Unlike yourself, I am not so blinded by partisanship that I can't find fault in Bush, even though I preferred him to Obama. Bush received his advice from some of the same people advising Obama, what is your opinion on that?

Satanicus
08-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Bush received his advice from some of the same people advising Obama, what is your opinion on that?

It's unfortunate.

Nubs
08-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Based on the implied premise of the title, are we operating under the presumption that money buys elections and in this case you feel it is ok? What if the Dems get their asses handed to them in November? Will you then admit that, in fact, money does not buy elections?

warpig
08-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Anybody that thinks that money cannot heavly influence elections was not paying attention in '08.

Rockntractor
08-22-2010, 05:47 PM
Anybody that thinks that money cannot heavly influence elections was not paying attention in '08.

Bought and paid for by George Soros.

JB
08-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Can you <snip> ?No questions by you.

There are pending questions for you on the board as it is.

hampshirebrit
08-22-2010, 07:30 PM
Can you <snip> ?

Can I what? Believe what a retarded little troll you are? No, I cannot.

I think you are one of the most mindlessly and needlessly aggressive dickheads I've ever encountered online.

marinejcksn
08-22-2010, 08:50 PM
Satanicus can you answer my original question please? Why do liberal Democrats who raised such Hell when Bush was spending out of control (Which he WAS) never seem to speak out against the spending Hell that Obama hath wrought?

It seems to me that liberals don't actually care about bankrupting our country and driving the bus into a ditch, as long as one of them is behind the wheel and not a big stinky Republican.

08-22-2010, 09:27 PM

No one here is claiming it was all Obama. What we are saying is that Obama took everything BAD that Bush did, and tripled it. He is taking everything GOOD that Bush did, and is ending it.

PoliCon
08-22-2010, 10:07 PM
All the ca$h in the World can't stop what's coming November 2nd. Bank on that.

The sad thing is, when Conservatives turn this ship around and the country gets back on her feet, if Obama moves to the center....he'll get the credit. Just like what happened with Clinton. Say what you want about John Q. Public....we've got some dumb motherf*&kers in this country who believe everything they're told.

Excluding this site, naturally. ;)

I agree that the left will claim credit for what a conservative congress does and give it to Obama like they gave Clinton credit for what conservatives did during his administration - and how they wanna blame Bush for what the fucking idiot left did once they took over in 2006. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-22-2010, 10:10 PM

They will of course funnel that money into expanding government rather than paying down the debt that they have run up. Fucking hate career politicians. :mad:

asdf2231
08-22-2010, 10:33 PM
moved to more appropriate forum.

NJCardFan
08-23-2010, 12:05 AM

Yeah. That extra $2 is really driving me toward a more comfortable retirement. :rolleyes:

marinejcksn
08-24-2010, 12:36 AM
Yeah. That extra $2 is really driving me toward a more comfortable retirement. :rolleyes:

Satan is the world's biggest pansyass coward. I been trying to get him to answer a simple question for 2 days now. Must be waiting for Keith Overbite's latest talking points meme.:rolleyes: