PDA

View Full Version : OK, my neighbor won't recycle. What to do?

SarasotaRepub
08-23-2010, 09:31 PM
How about keeping your fucking Libtard nose out of other peoples bidness??? (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x8997068)

CTyankee http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/images/donor.gif (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-22-10 09:14 PM
Original message OK, my neighbor won't recycle. What to do?

They've not recycled since they moved in over a year ago. Now we have simpler, "single stream" recycling, easier than ever, and they still don't. We even got new containers from the city with clear instructions. There's a city ordinance that requires recycling but they don't comply.

What to do? Everybody on our street recycles. Our entire neighborhood is rated the best in New Haven for recycling. Yet they do not.

We are all at wits end with them. We can't understand. They are perfectly nice to talk to. No problem there. But we don't know how to handle this problem.

Maybe we are being unreasonable, but we like the fact that we all do our duty and recycle stuff. We are happy with the new program because we don't have to separate the stuff the way we used to. It all goes into one bin. AND our garbage is reduced!

Any suggestions?

:rolleyes:

Dan D. Doty
08-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Here's one.

Mind your own f*cking business and stay out of other peoples lives, asshole.

Rockntractor
08-23-2010, 09:45 PM
RandomThoughts (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-22-10 09:37 PM
Response to Reply #6
87. Recycling is taking someone that does not meet your
Edited on Sun Aug-22-10 10:10 PM by RandomThoughts
standards for what you think is best, then running programs at them to change them, carrots and sticks to make them system compatible.

Things like shaving, are actually part of it, also the basics, cleanliness, promptness, work ethic, not questioning, following orders.

Stuff like that.

A fun story.

(Gulliver Travels metaphor, thinking about a story on it)

Most people that groups think need to get recycled get tricked into institutions, then broken down till they conform to some standard. I investigated one of those centers, ran a few layers to check it out, saw some interesting things. Although mostly it confirmed how much of 'that system' were metaphoric agents. Interesting stuff. Even had one lady that had green eyes, that flamed and rotated, always wondered if it was contacts or a great projection trick, never learned that one. Although she tried basic Command Word on me, and I reversed it on her, she told me to get a pencil, I pointed to the pencils, and said they are over there, you can bring me one, and she did. That was a good one, she backed off after that.

Really interesting stuff, learned a bit there, was a guy named Ball, an asshole, Lady named Grace, she warned me about the long robes, A football player, although he wanted to know how I knew plays, a guy from a secret group, he tried to spin on me, sent him off for a 3 day weekend giving me his HQ location 'max faction'.

They called in a man in black on that (j/k) could not engage guard, his comment was he could handle typewriters but not computers, So then had that man in black show up, LOL, or so he was dressed, tried to avoided him although he got somethings into outer layers LOL, lets see what else... Oh a bad doctor, he pissed me off ran a mental slow down on me, broke that and trounced him, when he came back in. A few other things. Learned about the turky farm there, Some of the factions, they were trying to see if I had a faction for some of it, so got alot of info on different factions, learned a bit about the river.

Most of the time kept up Colombo layer when being spoken to, so slipped by most of them, and learned also, while I had layers and armor up, although still had to spend some time to unwrap after that. about 18 months to pull all that crap out of macros.

Although I am telling that story with some metaphors for story telling it is true.

Good post on MJ, picture, I would guess most of MJ's issues came after his hospital stay after accident on stage, my guess is they loaded his macros with the stuff that did him in. Just a guess though.

Although it doesn't take a location, best guess is some programmers are at many institutions, and many people get there macros loaded, but it really is more spiritual then anything else, it models some craft techniques, but is taking free will and control side. Most macro programming is more subtle in media, but some is direct also.

Alert Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

cleanhippie (549 posts) Mon Aug-23-10 12:25 AM
Response to Reply #87
137. I don't get it.
I read your post in THREE different states of mind and I gotta tell you, I have no idea what you wrote. My mind is totally blown right now.
Now that's funny!:D

Constitutionally Speaking
08-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Here's one.

I'll second that.

warpig
08-23-2010, 10:51 PM
I'd buy him a beer!

PoliCon
08-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Here's one.

A progressive cannot do that. They know better than the rest of us how we should live our lives and they have a duty to enforce that on the rest of us.

Gingersnap
08-23-2010, 11:47 PM
I'll do it when they pay me. I have almost zero kitchen waste. Between the dogs and the compost, I've got almost nothing. We have some glass from beer bottles and some plastic from packaging. We have paper from the mail. Call it a draw and I'll recycle like a fiend. :p

lacarnut
08-24-2010, 12:34 AM
The bill the dummy gets in the mail each month has a phone # on it. Use it moron. Gave this little story a 1/2 bong cause nobody could be this stupid.

PoliCon
08-24-2010, 12:37 AM
I'll do it when they pay me. I have almost zero kitchen waste. Between the dogs and the compost, I've got almost nothing. We have some glass from beer bottles and some plastic from packaging. We have paper from the mail. Call it a draw and I'll recycle like a fiend. :p

I love how we have to pay for them to take our recyclables - and our garbage - and if I do not put out recyclables - I still have to pay for the service. THEN - they sell our recyclables and make enough money to double what they are charging for recycling in the first place. :rolleyes:

lacarnut
08-24-2010, 01:12 AM
I love how we have to pay for them to take our recyclables - and our garbage - and if I do not put out recyclables - I still have to pay for the service. THEN - they sell our recyclables and make enough money to double what they are charging for recycling in the first place. :rolleyes:

I think the whole money saving bit is a farce. My ex neighbor did not recycle. In fact, she left the garbage can out by the street which was quite charming. Glad the trashy bitch moved.

marinejcksn
08-24-2010, 01:17 AM
These flippin' idiots don't even know that the entire concept of recycling is bullshit. Except for Aluminum cans, it actually costs more to recycle then to make new product. This is not opinion, this is proven fact.

Not to mention, recycling paper involves harsh bleaching which is terrible for the environment. Trees are a RENEWABLE FREAKING RESOURCE. Why are we wasting our time with this dumb idea? Because environmentalist whackos have pounded this crap into our heads for decades. You're not saving the World, you're lining asshole's pockets. Recycling can eat a dick.

rjas77
08-24-2010, 03:59 AM
LOL...Keep reading the thread folks...The poor DUmmy is getting her ass handed to her :D :D

rjas77
08-24-2010, 04:00 AM
These flippin' idiots don't even know that the entire concept of recycling is bullshit. Except for Aluminum cans, it actually costs more to recycle then to make new product. This is not opinion, this is proven fact.

Not to mention, recycling paper involves harsh bleaching which is terrible for the environment. Trees are a RENEWABLE FREAKING RESOURCE. Why are we wasting our time with this dumb idea? Because environmentalist whackos have pounded this crap into our heads for decades. You're not saving the World, you're lining asshole's pockets. Recycling can eat a dick.

C'mon...Tell us how you really feel? ;)

raiderguy8
08-24-2010, 02:32 PM
That thread is ridiculously long. I read for ten minutes and was barely 20% of the way down the page. I am sure the other 80% was the same bickering and stupidity.

Gingersnap
08-24-2010, 02:47 PM
That thread is ridiculously long. I read for ten minutes and was barely 20% of the way down the page. I am sure the other 80% was the same bickering and stupidity.

So, was she winning or losing on her little snitch campaign?

BadCat
08-24-2010, 06:17 PM
I don't recycle either, moonbat.

And if I find you going through my trash, which sits on MY property, I'm giving you a 00 buck enema.

raiderguy8
08-25-2010, 02:03 PM
So, was she winning or losing on her little snitch campaign?

Well she was being told to MYOB by most anyone. It really came down that there was an unofficial social standing contest with the Yalies (she is in New Haven) so it made her and the neighborhood look "bad" and she wasnt having any of it.

Articulate_Ape
08-25-2010, 02:41 PM
OK, my neighbor won't recycle. What to do?

I would submit that suicide is an option that should not be overlooked.

lacarnut
08-25-2010, 02:53 PM
I would submit that suicide is an option that should not be overlooked.

That would go for many of these moonbats.:)

Space Gravy
08-25-2010, 06:30 PM

Don't forget some cities want you too also rinse your cans and bottles and sort the stuff for them.

Rockntractor
08-25-2010, 07:18 PM
Don't forget some cities want you too also rinse your cans and bottles and sort the stuff for them.

I think we should be throwing the bottles at politicians!

BadCat
08-25-2010, 07:46 PM
I think we should be throwing the bottles at politicians!

Just for that moonbat, I went out this evening and dumped my neighbors recycling bin into their trash can.

Rockntractor
08-25-2010, 07:49 PM
Just for that moonbat, I went out this evening and dumped my neighbors recycling bin into their trash can.

It warms my heart to hear that!:)

BadCat
08-25-2010, 07:52 PM
It warms my heart to hear that!:)

LOL!

We have "yard waste" recycling here. Except they won't pick up branches and sticks unless you TIE THEM INTO A BUNDLE.

What kind of recycling is that?

SarasotaRepub
08-25-2010, 07:57 PM
LOL!

We have "yard waste" recycling here. Except they won't pick up branches and sticks unless you TIE THEM INTO A BUNDLE.

Yeah, it's like that here too. :D

BadCat
08-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, it's like that here too. :D

In AZ, they hauled around a big wood chipper, and they just ran your stuff through it into the back of a dump truck. They used it for mulch on city projects.

Rockntractor
08-25-2010, 08:10 PM
In AZ, they hauled around a big wood chipper, and they just ran your stuff through it into the back of a dump truck. They used it for mulch on city projects.

That would work great for recycling politicians!

Gingersnap
08-25-2010, 08:12 PM

Only in the winter and only above the frost line.

PoliCon
08-25-2010, 09:19 PM

WIN!!

RobJohnson
08-25-2010, 10:49 PM
LOL!

They had that no yard waste in dumpsters or trash cans BS in the Midwest also.

Not here in Nevada, if it fits, with the exception of used tires and 55 gal drums of paint thinner, they take it! :D

Gingersnap
08-25-2010, 11:06 PM
You have to bundle tree branches here but that's it. Now Denver has a different deal but I don't live there so I'm not familiar with it.

patriot45
08-25-2010, 11:15 PM
You have to bundle tree branches here but that's it. Now Denver has a different deal but I don't live there so I'm not familiar with it.

:D I learned if you kick it out in the street, they will come and pick it up!!
I live on a busy street!