PDA

View Full Version : You know what President Obama’s problem is? He’s just too darn smart for his own good

PoliCon
08-24-2010, 01:08 AM
August 23, 2010 ·

Here we go again. Whenever the American people reject a Democrat, the liberal media rolls out the ol’ “he can’t connect with the plebes because he’s just so much smarter than they are” storyline.

Yes, people are rejecting Barack Obama because they’re just not smart enough to understand how much he’s done for them.

For example Bloomberg’s Margaret Carlson said this week in a story headlined “Smart President Fails Quiz at Ground Zero:

How can President Barack Obama be so right about the mosque and yet get it so wrong?

Here’s how: He is so supremely confident in his intellect that he forgets, on his way to the correct decision, to slow down and pick up not-so-gifted stragglers.

He’s smart. You’re not. Case closed. Move along.

This, of course, is standard operating procedure for the liberal media. Case in point: Al Gore is smarter than you are, too, according Dana Milbank in a 2007 Washington Post story headlined “Is It Wise To Be So Smart?”

A capacity crowd of 1,500 people jammed into Lisner Auditorium at George Washington University last night for Al Gore’s speech and book-signing. But the numbers don’t matter: Even if Gore were speaking before a sellout crowd at Verizon Center, he would still be the smartest guy in the room.

And, of course, that well-known intellectual giant John Kerry was also more intelligen than you according to a 2004 Time Magazine story headlined “What Kerry Means to Say”:

“Kerry’s verbal meanderings are partly a reflection of a mind that sees complexity in almost every issue. The son of a diplomat, educated partly in boarding schools in Europe, Kerry learned to look at current affairs from multiple perspectives. Says an advisor, ‘It’s not like he’s trying to shade the truth, he just overintellectualizes his explanations.’”

Question: If these guys are so remarkably intelligent, why are they so hesitant to reveal their college transcripts?

When Gore finally revealed his, we learned that the genius had flunked out of several colleges. When Kerry finally released his, we found out that his GPA was lower than George Bush’s. And, of course, we’re still waiting to see transcripts from Obama’s time at Occidental, Columbia and Harvard.

Our guess? Obama is not only far smarter than you, he’s also far more modest and would be embarrassed to reveal his clear superiority.

But we’re probably wrong, because thinking hurts when you’re not a Democrat.

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/obama-problem-is-hes-just-too-darn-smart

lacarnut
08-24-2010, 01:22 AM
I am thinking that his grades might be lower than GWB. On the other hand, social promotions with help (bribes to profs) from Ayers and Soris could probably buy him any grade that he wanted.

malloc
08-24-2010, 06:02 AM
If I could ask for one thing in my entire life, it would be a chance to debate Barry Obama, in front of a live national audience, on the subject of sound economics. To any and all that believe that he doesn't connect with me because he is too smart for me, this would be your failure point, you wouldn't proceed past this.