PDA

View Full Version : Shopper: I Was Banned From Safeway Because I Asked For Large Chicken Breasts

Gingersnap
08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
Shopper: I Was Banned From Safeway Because I Asked For Large Chicken Breasts

By Chris Morran on August 23, 2010 4:36 PM 0 views
(the Great Beyond)

A man in Colorado claims he was given the boot -- and a trespassing notice that bans him from the property for one year -- from his local Safeway. But it wasn't over shoplifting or anything like that; he says it was all because of a misunderstanding about his poultry order.

According to the 61-year-old shopper, he recently stopped into the Safeway to purchase some chicken breasts from the deli counter. And when the woman behind the counter asked which ones he preferred, he says he pointed out his selection and said, "I like the large ones."

It's unclear whether or not he had intended on the double entendre, but the man claims the female employee "chuckled" at his statement.

But thinks weren't quite as funny for him the next week. When he approached the deli counter, he saw the woman who had previously served him walk away from the counter, leaving a different female employee to take his order.

He says that this second woman was so rude to him that he felt compelled to complain to the store manager. And that's when he got the earful, he says:

“She said, 'The last time you were here, you giggled about this woman's large breasts.' And I said, 'Oh, baloney.' And then she opened up her flip phone and called the police, and I listened to her make up this whole story about me cussing and threatening her.
”
As he exited the store, the man was stopped by a police officer who issued him a trespassing notice, effectively forbidding him from entering the Safeway for one year.

While the man feels his rights were violated by summarily being banned from the store, a rep for the Lakewood Police Dept. sees it differently:

“[He] faces absolutely no criminal charges... We issued him a trespassing notice, which is a civil type of thing. When a business would rather someone not come into their place of business, we can issue these notices that ask a person not to come back for a period of one year -- and if they do, then they can be charged with trespassing.
”
What do you think of this situation? Couldn't both the store and the customer have handled it better without getting the police involved?

Original Westword link at this link. (http://consumerist.com/2010/08/shopper-i-was-banned-from-safeway-because-i-asked-for-large-chicken-breasts.html?cfm=hugeboobs)

PoliCon
08-24-2010, 10:18 AM
sounds to me like he ran into a nest of feminazi . . . .

Rockntractor
08-24-2010, 10:22 AM
What a bunch of boobs!:rolleyes:

Gingersnap
08-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Maybe he wanted to stuff them.

PoliCon
08-24-2010, 10:30 AM
It's not like he was caught thumping her melons.

Nubs
08-24-2010, 11:20 AM
Seriously, a deli counter person calls police and has a effctive restraining order put on the man??? This sounds fishy to me. The barring of the man from the store would be something for store management to undertake not a person in charge of spooning out the potato salad.

Does the cart boy have the power to cite you for not returning your cart to the corral?

Gingersnap
08-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Seriously, a deli counter person calls police and has a effctive restraining order put on the man??? This sounds fishy to me. The barring of the man from the store would be something for store management to undertake not a person in charge of spooning out the potato salad.

Does the cart boy have the power to cite you for not returning your cart to the corral?

That's Felony Meaness right there.

obx
08-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Maybe he could go in and shop very fast. Just grab his meat and beat it.
________
Magic Flight Launch Box (http://vaporizer.org/reviews/magic-flight-launch-box)

Rockntractor
08-24-2010, 02:16 PM

:eek::D

obx
08-24-2010, 02:18 PM
I thought you might like that.
________
TOYOTA HILUX PLATFORM HISTORY (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Hilux_platform)

Gingersnap
08-24-2010, 02:53 PM
I thought you might like that.

I should slap you for making me laugh at that. You're going to Hell. :D

m00
08-24-2010, 09:38 PM
This story is really for the birds.

malloc
08-24-2010, 09:42 PM

http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/2009/2/95%20Internet%20High-Five.jpg

LOL!

RobJohnson
08-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Many older men try to flirt & be cute with anyone that is female and younger then they are in a retail enviroment. Dirty old men are just part of the job, just like I often get dirty old women saying things to me.

I have one co-worker that was even flashed by a guy. Now we did bring the cops in for that. It turned out the kid had other warrants and had been known for know narcotic prescription forgery. We had the whole thing on tape.

Other times I have seen female empoyees embellish stories about men in the store...I think they do this for attention.

I thought for sure one day I was going to get fired after I yelled at a customer that reached across the counter and slapped one of my female co-workers on the rear end. I was hot. I let the guy have it. We did not see him for months after that. :) She was expecting and did not need his hands slapping her! :mad:

Gingersnap
08-24-2010, 10:15 PM
Many older men try to flirt & be cute with anyone that is female and younger then they are in a retail enviroment. Dirty old men are just part of the job, just like I often get dirty old women saying things to me.

I have one co-worker that was even flashed by a guy. Now we did bring the cops in for that. It turned out the kid had other warrants and had been known to try and was know narcotic prescription forgery. We had the whole thing on tape.

Other times I have seen female empoyees embellish stories about men in the store...I think they do this for attention.

I thought for sure one day I was going to get fired after I yelled at a customer that reached across the counter and slapped one of my female co-workers on the rear end. I was hot. I let the guy have it. We did not see him for months after that. :) She was expecting and did not need his hands slapping her! :mad:

Common sense - we hardly knew ye. ;)

Articulate_Ape
08-24-2010, 10:26 PM
Just another case of an old fellow being taken too seriously. Have our breasts become that tender?