PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Approval Hits All-Time Low of 39 Percent Among Men, Says Gallup

Gingersnap
08-25-2010, 10:31 AM
Obama's Approval Hits All-Time Low of 39 Percent Among Men, Says Gallup
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
By Terence P. Jeffrey, Editor-in-Chief

President Barack Obama at the Vineyard Golf Club in Edgartown, Mass., on Friday, Aug. 20, 2010. House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn of South Carolina is with the president. (AP Photo/Steven Senne)(CNSNews.com) - President Barack Obama’s job approval rating among American men has fallen to a record low, hitting 39 percent in the week of Aug. 16-22, according to the Gallup Poll.

The week of Aug. 16-22 also marked the first time Obama’s average weekly approval rating dropped below 40 percent for either gender. His approval rating among American women was 46 percent for the week.

When Obama was inaugurated in January 2009, his job approval rating was 64 percent among men and 69 percent among women, according to Gallup. That was the highest his approval ever hit with men.

Obama’s approval rating first dipped below 50 percent among men in the week of Aug. 24-30, 2009. In October and November of 2009, it rebounded above 50 percent for a four-week stretch, but then in the week of Nov.16-22 it dropped to 46 percent and has never again exceeded 48 percent.

CNS (http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/71557)

bijou
08-25-2010, 10:32 AM
So why the popularity with women?

ralph wiggum
08-25-2010, 10:36 AM

http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/political-pictures-barack-obama-my-stimulus.jpg

bijou
08-25-2010, 10:38 AM
http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/political-pictures-barack-obama-my-stimulus.jpg

Perhaps, I can't see the attraction myself. Why sleep with a man who'd rather spend time with his mirror?

djones520
08-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Perhaps, I can't see the attraction myself. Why sleep with a man who'd rather spend time with his mirror?

There is a lot of people that argue the 19th Amendment was the worst mistake in America's history.

I'm not one of them, but there is a grain of truth to some of their arguments.

ralph wiggum
08-25-2010, 10:42 AM

I have no idea, bijou. I don't know anyone personally who is fond of him, but they obviously exist somewhere.

Odysseus
08-25-2010, 10:49 AM
I have no idea, bijou. I don't know anyone personally who is fond of him, but they obviously exist somewhere.

Mostly in Sex and the City reruns. He's the kind of metrosexual yuppie that some women just swoon over.

ralph wiggum
08-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Mostly in Sex and the City reruns. He's the kind of metrosexual yuppie that some women just swoon over.

Some women being the key phrase. A female friend of mine who calls herself a liberal (she's actually not) can't stand him.

PoliCon
08-25-2010, 11:03 AM
There is a lot of people that argue the 19th Amendment was the worst mistake in America's history.

I'm not one of them, but there is a grain of truth to some of their arguments.

Politics was based on actual issues before the 19th was passed.

Gingersnap
08-25-2010, 11:05 AM

I would guess that some single women who suck at relationships and have one or more illegitimate children see Obama as a sort of welfare knight coming to rescue them from dead-end McJobs and Section 8 housing.

The other women who admire him probably do so for self-serving reasons: it makes them feel righteous and virtuous to support a guy with the right skin tone.

Odysseus
08-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Some women being the key phrase. A female friend of mine who calls herself a liberal (she's actually not) can't stand him.

Exactly. Since only 46% of women approve of him, that means that 54% don't. And that number will continue to rise against him as he continues to demonstrate that he lacks the qualities that most women seek in men.