PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do

JB
08-25-2010, 05:43 PM
Anyone watching this show on ABC? It was on last night at 10 PM.

As a student of human behavior, the show cracks me up. Last night they had an actor flashing a fake "recovery agent" badge to people in a farmers market. He was telling them he was trying to get an infant back from a woman inside.

The guy got these complete strangers to either spike the womans beverage, steal her wallet out of her bag and one even wheeled the stroller out of the store and handed the kid over to the guy.

Gullible people are just the best.

BadCat
08-25-2010, 07:06 PM
I honestly cannot remember the last time my TV was tuned to ABC. I think it was around 1973.

Gingersnap
08-25-2010, 07:29 PM
I honestly cannot remember the last time my TV was tuned to ABC. I think it was around 1973.

LOL! Since '24' is off the air, I have no reason to touch broadcast, either. Truthfully, aside from that show and some weather reports during really big snow storms, I haven't watched broadcast since 2003.

BadCat
08-25-2010, 07:32 PM
LOL! Since '24' is off the air, I have no reason to touch broadcast, either. Truthfully, aside from that show and some weather reports during really big snow storms, I haven't watched broadcast since 2003.

"Pillars of the Earth" has been excellent.

Two hour finale on Friday.

Gingersnap
08-25-2010, 07:58 PM
"Pillars of the Earth" has been excellent.

Two hour finale on Friday.

I've heard good things about it. I just finished reading 'Sarum' this summer. What channel is it on?

BadCat
08-25-2010, 08:08 PM
I've heard good things about it. I just finished reading 'Sarum' this summer. What channel is it on?

Starz.

NJCardFan
08-25-2010, 11:15 PM

Wha? For a while ABC rocked:

Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Welcome Back Kotter
Barney Miller
Three's Company
Mork & Mindy

Just to name a few.

Gingersnap
08-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Wha? For a while ABC rocked:

Happy Days
Laverne & Shirley
Welcome Back Kotter
Barney Miller
Three's Company
Mork & Mindy

Just to name a few.

That's like the 70s, isn't it? That was a creepy era.

NJCardFan
08-25-2010, 11:33 PM
That's like the 70s, isn't it? That was a creepy era.

But television was sooooooo much better back then.

Gingersnap
08-26-2010, 12:13 AM
But television was sooooooo much better back then.

Okay, if you say so. TV has pretty much sucked during my entire life.:D

NJCardFan
08-26-2010, 01:56 AM

When I was growing up, there were 3 main channels(CBS, ABC, NBC local stations), PBS, and UHF. And there was something good on every day including the Friday Night movie. And for about 4 or 5 hours on Saturday morning, there were loads of cartoons then in the afternoons it was monster movies on UHF. That was it. Now I have Verizon Fios with it's 1500 channels and there is never anything on worth watching and I just don't get it. How do you have 1500 channels of nothing on?

patriot45
08-26-2010, 02:05 AM
When I was growing up, there were 3 main channels(CBS, ABC, NBC local stations), PBS, and UHF. And there was something good on every day including the Friday Night movie. And for about 4 or 5 hours on Saturday morning, there were loads of cartoons then in the afternoons it was monster movies on UHF. That was it. Now I have Verizon Fios with it's 1500 channels and there is never anything on worth watching and I just don't get it. How do you have 1500 channels of nothing on?

Oh c'mon!! You never watchesd River Monsters or any of those insane guys that jump into the most dangerous places just to show us that they can!?! There are more shows out there tyring to beat out the Steve Irwin Awards!! Fun to watch!

lacarnut
08-26-2010, 02:48 AM

That's because you missed great entertainers like Jack B, Dean M, Jackie G., Lucille B,etc.