View Full Version : Muslim Soldier Says He's Conscientious Objector

Gingersnap
08-26-2010, 07:30 PM
Muslim Soldier Says He's Conscientious Objector
Pfc. Naser Abdo To Refuse Deployment

POSTED: 4:47 pm CDT August 23, 2010
UPDATED: 6:57 pm CDT August 24, 2010

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. --

A U.S. Army soldier wants to leave the military service as a conscientious objector based on his beliefs as a Muslim, but he said he's concerned he may be deployed to Afghanistan anyway.

Pfc. Naser Abdo, a 20-year-old infantryman assigned to the 101st Airborne Division at Fort Campbell, Ky., said Monday that if the military orders him to deploy, he will refuse to go despite the fact that it may result in a military charge against him.

"We have two things that I believe make us American: That's freedom of religion and freedom of choice," Abdo told Channel 4 News. "I've come to the conclusion that the consequences I would face of refusing deployment are a lot less than the consequences I would face should I go. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I deployed."

Rick Rzepka, a Fort Campbell spokesman, said Abdo's deployment has been deferred, but the military could deploy him while a decision was being made on his request. According to Army regulations, a soldier's submission of a conscientious objector application will not preclude the soldier from deploying. His unit, the division's 1st Brigade Combat Team, has already deployed to Afghanistan. He was assigned to the brigade's rear detachment, which remains at the installation during deployments.

"Obviously, the unit is taking it very seriously," Rzepka said. "They have decided to go ahead and let the process play out, and if he warrants status as conscientious objector, he will be treated as such. But for right now, his deployment has been deferred."

Abdo said when he joined the Army more than a year ago, he initially felt he could be a soldier and a Muslim at the same time. But he said he now believes Islamic standards would prohibit his service in the U.S. Army in any war.

According to documents provided to The Associated Press, Abdo cited Islamic scholars and verses from the Quran as reasons for his decision to ask for separation from the Army.

"I realized through further reflection that God did not give legitimacy to the war in Afghanistan, Iraq or any war the U.S. Army would conceivably participate in," he wrote.

He also said he was harassed during basic training because of his religion, including hearing insulting comments about Islam and Muslims. He said that at times, he hasn't been able to make his daily prayers because of his military service.

Soldiers don't have regular rights while they're enlisted, do they?

WSMV (http://www.wsmv.com/news/24733839/detail.html)

PoliCon
08-26-2010, 07:37 PM
Soldiers don't have regular rights while they're enlisted, do they?

WSMV (http://www.wsmv.com/news/24733839/detail.html)

You can use conscientious objector to avoid the draft - but to avoid deployment? :rolleyes:

Zathras
08-26-2010, 07:42 PM
Translation: another fucking coward trying to avoid his duty.

malloc
08-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Well, bye....

I wouldn't want this piece of broken luggage in my unit anyway.

Sonnabend
08-27-2010, 07:04 AM

Nailed it as always.

Odysseus
08-27-2010, 10:04 AM

Worse than that. He's using Islam as a justification to avoid fighting for the US. If his request is granted, then the army is admitting that Muslims have a legitimate conflict of loyalty, which puts every other Muslim Soldier on the spot. If they do go to war, they're in violation of Sharia, and therefore considered traitors to Islam, and the US government will be endorsing that view.

This troopie needs to be made an example of.

PoliCon
08-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Worse than that. He's using Islam as a justification to avoid fighting for the US. If his request is granted, then the army is admitting that Muslims have a legitimate conflict of loyalty, which puts every other Muslim Soldier on the spot. If they do go to war, they're in violation of Sharia, and therefore considered traitors to Islam, and the US government will be endorsing that view.

This troopie needs to be made an example of. It would be nice if his brethren also serving would open their mouths and speak up against him on this.

Odysseus
08-27-2010, 10:22 AM
It would be nice if his brethren also serving would open their mouths and speak up against him on this.

Yes, but that puts them in a bind. If they speak out, they make themselves into targets for the Islamists, who will accuse them of apostasy for fighting against Islam. If they don't speak out, then their commitment and loyalty to the US becomes subject to question, and they will be alienated and end up being forced back into the arms of the imams. This is how the imams win, by forcing Muslims to choose between radicals who threaten them, and a US government that cannot protect them without understanding and acknowledging the issues. This is why the mosque debate is so important. There are Muslims who oppose it, and who are serious about being Americans, but if the Bloombergs don't support them, they have nowhere to go. America is their sanctuary from the insanity of the nations that they have fled, and we are letting the Muslim Brotherhood destroy that sanctuary, one piece at a time.

Zathras
08-27-2010, 07:12 PM

This troopie needs to be made an example of.

Agree with everything except one major. This cowardly waste of skin has no right to be called a trooper. That name should be reserved for those who are willing to do their duty, not the gutless cowards that cut and run when called to serve.

Odysseus
08-27-2010, 11:25 PM
Agree with everything except one major. This cowardly waste of skin has no right to be called a trooper. That name should be reserved for those who are willing to do their duty, not the gutless cowards that cut and run when called to serve.

Don't assume that he's a coward. He's manipulating the system in order to sabotage it. If he succeeds in avoiding deployment and gets out of the Army with just a slap on the wrist, the other Muslim troops will have to choose between obeying the guidance of Islamist imams that the Army has given tacit approval to, or staying in and being labelled as apostates and traitors to Islam. This isn't cowardice, it's sabotage.

m00
08-28-2010, 01:30 AM
I would hope if Obama ever invades Israel at the request of his muslim masters, and I get drafted, they would accept my request for Conscientious Objector status. :p

lacarnut
09-01-2010, 06:09 PM
I would hope if Obama ever invades Israel at the request of his muslim masters, and I get drafted, they would accept my request for Conscientious Objector status. :p

No such luck for you. Now, the chances of him invading Israel are greater than him invading Iran.:eek:

hampshirebrit
09-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Don't assume that he's a coward. He's manipulating the system in order to sabotage it. If he succeeds in avoiding deployment and gets out of the Army with just a slap on the wrist, the other Muslim troops will have to choose between obeying the guidance of Islamist imams that the Army has given tacit approval to, or staying in and being labelled as apostates and traitors to Islam. This isn't cowardice, it's sabotage.

Let him go, dishonorable discharge, no bennies. Quickest and best outcome.

Odysseus
09-01-2010, 09:48 PM
Let him go, dishonorable discharge, no bennies. Quickest and best outcome.

If he gets out with a slap on the wrist, the DOD will be giving tacit approval to the idea that Muslims cannot serve in the US Army or be loyal to the Constitution. They will cede the issue to the Islamists, who will then pressure the remaining Muslims to leave the force. He needs to be on the receiving end of the full UCMJ.

AmPat
09-02-2010, 04:12 PM
If he gets out with a slap on the wrist, the DOD will be giving tacit approval to the idea that Muslims cannot serve in the US Army or be loyal to the Constitution. They will cede the issue to the Islamists, who will then pressure the remaining Muslims to leave the force. He needs to be on the receiving end of the full UCMJ.

I'd give him KP after every pork dinner and pooper cleanup. Let him decide if killing his murderous P.O.C . brethren is preferable.

Sonnabend
09-03-2010, 06:50 AM
He joined up when there is a MAJOR war going on and he didn't expect or want to get sent there? Send him to the 'stan and put him on latrine duty.

Every day.

Odysseus
09-03-2010, 01:00 PM
He joined up when there is a MAJOR war going on and he didn't expect or want to get sent there? Send him to the 'stan and put him on latrine duty.

Every day.
And then, when he shouts "Allahu akbar" and rolls a grenade into his unit's TOC, the media will tell us that it was the army's fault for not being more sensitive to his tender jihadi sensitivies. No thanks. I would bust him down to E-zip, ship his butt to Leavenworth and let the mullahs explain how he's serving the great jihad in the prison laundry.

AmPat
09-03-2010, 02:14 PM
And then, when he shouts "Allahu akbar" and rolls a grenade into his unit's TOC, the media will tell us that it was the army's fault for not being more sensitive to his tender jihadi sensitivies. No thanks. I would bust him down to E-zip, ship his butt to Leavenworth and let the mullahs explain how he's serving the great jihad in the prison laundry.

I like it. He will also be able to practice that other great arabic tradition every night with his new cell mate Bubba.

Odysseus
09-03-2010, 02:32 PM
I like it. He will also be able to practice that other great arabic tradition every night with his new cell mate Bubba.

Well, since he's already on his knees five times a day... :D

Molon Labe
09-03-2010, 07:12 PM
Good grief. It's been a long time since I read the fine print, but isn't one of the questions asked by recruiters used to weed out possible concientious objectors? Don't join the military unless you know there's the possibility you will be deployed to a combat zone.

hampshirebrit
09-03-2010, 08:21 PM
I know it must be all kinds of fun thinking up punishment for this religious retard, but let's face it, a bad DD214 and no bennies would make him sink below the radar far quicker than making a federal case via court martial would.

He's a slacker chickenshit. Get rid, no bennies, he's forgotten, bye bye.

Why would you want to draw attention to this when you don't need to?

Odysseus
09-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Good grief. It's been a long time since I read the fine print, but isn't one of the questions asked by recruiters used to weed out possible concientious objectors? Don't join the military unless you know there's the possibility you will be deployed to a combat zone.
People convert after serving, but in this case, it's BS. Islam is not a pacifist faith. If anything, it's the opposite.

I know it must be all kinds of fun thinking up punishment for this religious retard, but let's face it, a bad DD214 and no bennies would make him sink below the radar far quicker than making a federal case via court martial would.

He's a slacker chickenshit. Get rid, no bennies, he's forgotten, bye bye.

Why would you want to draw attention to this when you don't need to?
Because he has to be made an example. If the Islamist argument, that Muslims cannot be loyal to the US and find for us, is accepted by the DOD, then every other Muslim in the US military will be under tremendous pressure to quit. The radicals will treat them as traitors to Islam and apostates and the moderates will be afraid to have contact with them.

I don't care what happens to this guy beyond the minute he's out of the army, but the Soldiers that he leaves behind are my responsibility.

hampshirebrit
09-03-2010, 09:43 PM
The DOD should and can, easily, find another reason for this separation event to take place, or another excuse, if that's all the legal points of the case merit.

Rapid DOD implementation of an administrative discharge for this individual in no way would imply that any other Muslim cannot be loyal to the US. If you really think otherwise, then I will say that this is a very bad position for you to hold.

Both the UK and the US have Muslims within their armed forces who have served their country well, and in our case, possibly in yours too, some of them have given their lives.

I think that Islam is ridiculous, but then I think every religion is ridiculous, so what do I know.

I tend to trust religious people more when I think they might not be too rabidly enthusiastic about their pet hobby to the extent that they would let it get in the way of service to their countrymen, friends and neighbors.

If this idiot can't hack that, then cut the fucker loose, let him and all the publicity around him sink like a stone.

Rockntractor
09-03-2010, 10:05 PM
Somebody needs to take a baseball bat and make him an unconscious objector!:rolleyes: