PDA

View Full Version : "Turn Off Fox"...Campaign to get Fox News turned off in stores, restaurants...

SarasotaRepub
08-26-2010, 07:59 PM
:rolleyes: Imagine that, another pathetically stupid attempt to hurt Fox News!!!! (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9019462) :eek:

Amerigo Vespucci (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-26-10 10:21 AM
Original message "Turn Off Fox"...Campaign to get Fox News turned off in stores, restaurants, & other public places

Edited on Thu Aug-26-10 10:31 AM by Amerigo Vespucci

August 26, 2010 07:00 AM
Help Turn Off Fox
By James Rucker

http://www.turnofffox.org/static/images/logo.png

http://crooksandliars.com/james-rucker/help-turn-fox

Have you ever looked up at the television at a local business -- your gym, an auto shop, a bar or restaurant -- only to find Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly shouting down at you? Often without thinking about it, many businesses and other public establishments are providing a vehicle for Fox News' attempts to divide America. Now you can do something about it.

Today, ColorOfChange.org is launching Turn Off Fox -- a massive campaign to get Fox News turned off in stores, restaurants, and other public places.

There are several ways you can get involved:

* Join the campaign by signing our petition calling on businesses in your community and across America to turn off Fox News Channel (you'll also get a free TurnOffFox sticker!)
* Know of businesses or other public places that play Fox News? You can help us identify them, and if you're willing to talk with them, we provide materials that make it easy to explain why they should change the channel.
* If there are businesses you know that want to tell the world they would never play Fox, you can help them declare themselves a "Fox-free zone."
* Spread the word and get your friends and family involved in the campaign.

Please check out TurnOffFox.org, join us, and get involved!

Get your free Turn Off Fox sticker

When you join the campaign, you'll also have the opportunity to get a free Turn Off Fox bumper sticker -- and even the shipping is free! You can get 5 stickers for a donation of $3, 20 stickers for $10, or 50 stickers for $20. Getting stickers (and sharing them with your friends) isn't just about making a personal statement of your values. It helps to build awareness of our brand and our message, and makes it easier to educate folks about why Fox News is unparalleled in its propagation of division and bigotry.

Even more stupid stuff at the linky...

Skinner should be angry about this. It's yet another attempt to fleece his flock of morans. :D

PoliCon
08-26-2010, 08:04 PM
The left likes free speech as long as it agrees with their narrative. :rolleyes:

Gingersnap
08-26-2010, 08:33 PM
Most places that play Fox do it because they already know the customer feed-back they get with CNN or MSNBC. Nobody watches those channels in their own homes so why would they want to see them at the doctor's office?

Dan D. Doty
08-26-2010, 09:34 PM
The left likes free speech as long as it agrees with their narrative. :rolleyes:

CORRECT !!!

Space Gravy
08-26-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm surprised they're not trying to get Federal money for this.

Rockntractor
08-26-2010, 10:47 PM
I'm surprised they're not trying to get Federal money for this.

Yet!

marinejcksn
08-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Why is it that every single Leftist cause is trying to raise Dough for some reason?

Can't they ever just protest for free and not plead with others for money? The only thing missing is a beggar's cup. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-26-2010, 11:13 PM
Most places that play Fox do it because they already know the customer feed-back they get with CNN or MSNBC. Nobody watches those channels in their own homes so why would they want to see them at the doctor's office?

agreed. And if you don't like it - you are more than welcome to take your business else where. They conveniently forget that fact.

marv
08-27-2010, 08:38 AM
Why is it that every single Leftist cause is trying to raise Dough for some reason?

This Hope'n'Change economy left them unemployed. They gotta resort to *gasp* Capitalism to buy their drugs!

ralph wiggum
08-27-2010, 09:31 AM
After the amazing success of this site:

www.quarantinefoxnews.com

I'm shocked that Fox isn't off the air yet! :D

Odysseus
08-27-2010, 09:58 AM
One of my troopies had a photo of a TV in a DFAC that had been pelted with trash until they took CNN off. The guys who did it had just come off of an OP and were watching CNN's coverage of what they had just done, and as the story went on, they did a slow burn that culminated with them throwing stuff every time the announcer lied.

Can't they ever just protest for free and not plead with others for money? The only thing missing is a beggar's cup. :rolleyes:
The same reason that leftists in government tax us: People on the left think that those who work for a living have to subsidize those who don't.

Sonnabend
08-28-2010, 07:31 AM
The "campaign" has just under 80,000 people.

In a nation of 300 million.

http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/478/47831.gif

marinejcksn
08-28-2010, 08:52 AM
The "campaign" has just under 80,000 people.

In a nation of 300 million.

http://s.myniceprofile.com/myspacepic/478/47831.gif

That might just be the funniest shit of the year. :D

Dan D. Doty
08-28-2010, 01:34 PM
What has been forgotten by the Moonbats is the business owners also have a 1st Amendment right too.

Now you want to go into their business and tell them what can and can not watch on television?

That's a nice little Fascist idea you seem to be pushing there DU.

Odysseus
08-28-2010, 02:38 PM
What has been forgotten by the Moonbats is the business owners also have a 1st Amendment right too.

Now you want to go into their business and tell them what can and can not watch on television?

That's a nice little Fascist idea you seem to be pushing there DU.

Why are you surprised? They are nothing if not good little fascists. Free speech is only for speech that falls within their definition of politically correct speech. Anything that contradicts them is, by definition, hate speech, lies or otherwise improper.

If he were around today, Rousseau would have said, "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say what I do agree with, and until you do say things that I agree with, shut up, you racist, sexist, FoxNews watching Teabagger."

marinejcksn
08-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Why are you surprised? They are nothing if not good little fascists. Free speech is only for speech that falls within their definition of politically correct speech.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, SIR!

It's what I see on my college campus on a daily basis. "Diiiiversity" and "tolllllllllerance" are preached as an institutional practice.....but when I wear my "Liberal Democrats crashed our Economy and all I got was this Lousy T-Shirt" shirt, suddenly professors want to talk to me about respecting other people's views. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
08-28-2010, 06:41 PM
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, SIR!

It's what I see on my college campus on a daily basis. "Diiiiversity" and "tolllllllllerance" are preached as an institutional practice.....but when I wear my "Liberal Democrats crashed our Economy and all I got was this Lousy T-Shirt" shirt, suddenly professors want to talk to me about respecting other people's views. :rolleyes:

Remind your prof that it's a fee country - and you know because you've been out there fighting to keep it free and then tell him about all the weapons you have had the opportunity to use over the years. $10 says - if you do it in the right calm assured tone of voice they'll shit their pants and never bother you again. :D Most leftists are essentially cowards.

Odysseus
08-28-2010, 07:13 PM
ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, SIR!

Ask them if they if they respect yours. If they say that nothing controversial can be worn to class, and you feel like making an issue of it, then wait until somebody wears a Che t-shirt to class and complain about being subjected to the image of a mass-murderer, and be ready to tell them the facts about Guevara (http://www.amazon.com/Exposing-Real-Che-Guevara-Idolize/dp/1595230521/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1283036585&sr=1-6). And document the work that you do for their classes, just in case the profs decide to retaliate with your grades. Seriously. Also, when the inevitable attacks from behind the podium begin, have a voice recorder handy.

Remind your prof that it's a fee country - and you know because you've been out there fighting to keep it free and then tell him about all the weapons you have had the opportunity to use over the years. $10 says - if you do it in the right calm assured tone of voice they'll shit their pants and never bother you again. :D Most leftists are essentially cowards.

Talking about weapons will give them the opportunity to claim that he was making a threat, but the first part, about pointing out who's been fighting for their rights, is dead on. Also, they are cowards, which is why he'll have to document his work and be prepared for retaliation through grades, not to mention harassment in the classroom and by other students (the profs will attack him when they know that it's safe, and campus activists will do their dirty work in groups). Also, expect bogus hate speech charges or similar attacks. He needs to understand that the campus is a totalitarian state, and his only weapons are truth and a good, easily concealed voice recorder.

swirling_vortex
08-29-2010, 10:05 PM
http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/2010.03.01-Average-P2+-590x456.png

Doesn't seem to be working too well.

PoliCon
08-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Talking about weapons will give them the opportunity to claim that he was making a threat, but the first part, about pointing out who's been fighting for their rights, is dead on.I'll yield to your experience on this issue here Idon't wanna see him get into trouble. I just know what I would do myself. But then, I think I'd seriously like to see the prof piss himself in front of a whole classroom.

Also, they are cowards, which is why he'll have to document his work and be prepared for retaliation through grades, not to mention harassment in the classroom and by other students (the profs will attack him when they know that it's safe, and campus activists will do their dirty work in groups). The school I went to was fairly conservative so I didn't have much trouble except in my education classes where the lefties were in charge. I'm not easy to intimidate and tend to be rather intimidating myself and as you've prolly guessed I don't back down from an argument if I can get any fun out of it. ;) I did have a couple of run-ins with groups of students - trust fund liberals - who though to challenge me outside of the classroom - but I was always able to deal with those as well. I even had a few friends who were willing to take on the trust fund liberals with me.

Also, expect bogus hate speech charges or similar attacks. You're prolly right here as well.

He needs to understand that the campus is a totalitarian state, and his only weapons are truth and a good, easily concealed voice recorder. GOOD ADVICE! I wish I had had one myself back when I was in school. Never thought of it.

Wei Wu Wei
08-30-2010, 09:22 AM
lol let's sign a petition to get people to stop smoking cigarettes too lol

Rockntractor
08-30-2010, 09:24 AM
lol let's sign a petition to get people to stop smoking cigarettes too lol
Blah blah blah bleat bleat bleat, good morning Wei wei!:D

Odysseus
08-30-2010, 09:24 AM
I'll yield to your experience on this issue here Idon't wanna see him get into trouble. I just know what I would do myself. But then, I think I'd seriously like to see the prof piss himself in front of a whole classroom.
The school I went to was fairly conservative so I didn't have much trouble except in my education classes where the lefties were in charge. I'm not easy to intimidate and tend to be rather intimidating myself and as you've prolly guessed I don't back down from an argument if I can get any fun out of it. ;) I did have a couple of run-ins with groups of students - trust fund liberals - who though to challenge me outside of the classroom - but I was always able to deal with those as well. I even had a few friends who were willing to take on the trust fund liberals with me.
You're prolly right here as well.
GOOD ADVICE! I wish I had had one myself back when I was in school. Never thought of it.

It's not the trust fund liberals that you have to worry about. Don't think US, think Castro's Cuba. The profs will back up any thug behavior on behalf of liberalism, and the campus punks will provide the muscle. If he really becomes a thorn in some professor's side, they will happily stage an "incident" in which he is presumed guilty. Campus lefties have become thugs. The various ethnic studies groups include La Raza and the Muslims students, who can always be counted on for an ambush, and I'm not speaking figuratively.

MJ has to watch his back.