PDA

View Full Version : Allow myself to introduce... myself.

M21
08-14-2008, 12:35 AM
Hi! I thought I would reintroduce myself and give you a bit of background on who I am.

I used to post here a year or two ago. Life has gotten in the way and I drifted off to other areas. I thought I'd return here to visit as we move toward the election.

I'm married and retired from the Military, I ski all winter, kayak in the summer, and often do both in the winter and fall because God has blessed me to live in the Rockies. I also have been a fly fisherman since I was a youngster, cept I'm not so young anymore :( , and I tie flies over the winter.

Most people who know me well would say I'm either their best friend or their worst enemy. :D We may not always agree but I will always come at you from the front and I'll respect you if you do the same.

Peace. - M21

ralph wiggum
08-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Welcome back, M21! Glad to have you around, my friend. :cool:

M21
08-14-2008, 01:00 AM
Welcome back, M21! Glad to have you around, my friend. :cool:Thanks Ralph. Good to see you too Bud.

Jumpy
08-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Howdy! What is your avatar? A 3D image of a fetus?

Shannon
08-14-2008, 09:11 AM
Welcome back M21!

I was also wondering about your avatar.

M21
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
Howdy! What is your avatar? A 3D image of a fetus?HAHA! No it's more like what I look like underwater when I get sucked out of my Kayak If can't hit my roll.

I have come close to being in the fetal position, sucking my thumb, and crying though. :D I took a couple of pretty good beat downs on the river this summer.

Waterton Canyon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZtdDc_qVk)

Constitutionally Speaking
08-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Hi! I thought I would reintroduce myself and give you a bit of background on who I am.

I used to post here a year or two ago. Life has gotten in the way and I drifted off to other areas. I thought I'd return here to visit as we move toward the election.

I'm married and retired from the Military, I ski all winter, kayak in the summer, and often do both in the winter and fall because God has blessed me to live in the Rockies. I also have been a fly fisherman since I was a youngster, cept I'm not so young anymore :( , and I tie flies over the winter.

Most people who know me well would say I'm either their best friend or their worst enemy. :D We may not always agree but I will always come at you from the front and I'll respect you if you do the same.

Peace. - M21

HEY!!!!

VERY nice to see you back.

I STILL want to know your fishing holes though!!!

Been out lately??

M21
08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
HEY!!!!

VERY nice to see you back.

I STILL want to know your fishing holes though!!!

Been out lately??

I haven't been out this year at all. It's unbelievable. I'm trying to take my whitewater kayaking to another level before I get to old to which won't too long. :D

I know I will be in waders this fall and it's been such an epic run off I'm waiting for it all to settle down. That's what I tell myself anyway.

Good to see you're still here.

GrumpyOldLady
08-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Allow myself to introduce myself!
Excellent!
I was going to do that on my initial post but you did it first.
(I'm new too!!)
I think we will get along great.

Are you bitter and do you cling to your guns and religion?
I hope so. I do! :)

Phillygirl
08-18-2008, 06:37 PM
I hate you M21 for giving me an earworm every time I see this thread title!

Please allow me to introduce myself
Im a man of wealth and taste
Ive been around for a long, long year
Stole many a mans soul and faith
And I was round when jesus christ
Had his moment of doubt and pain
Made damn sure that pilate
Washed his hands and sealed his fate

M21
08-18-2008, 06:42 PM
I hate you M21 for giving me an earworm every time I see this thread title!

No sympathy for M21 :confused: :)

NonConformist
08-18-2008, 07:29 PM
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize...he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Phillygirl
08-18-2008, 08:06 PM
No sympathy for M21 :confused: :)

:mad::p

It's been a long long time...