PDA

View Full Version : Mehlman isn't gay

Carol
08-27-2010, 12:00 AM
I'm often amused at what DUers think should be "big news".

link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9023706)

underpants Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-26-10 08:17 PM
Original message
Mehlman isn't gay

in fact he doesn't exist... according to Fox News

Fox News Ignores Ken Mehlman’s Coming Out, Runs Zero Segments On Story

http://thinkprogress.org/2010/08/26/mehlman-fnc /

A Wonk Room review of Critical Mention reveals that CNN mentioned the name “Mehlman” 19 times, MSNBC reported on it 12 times (searches for “gay” and “Ken” produced similar results, with Fox News stuck at 0):

iamjoy (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Aug-26-10 08:20 PM
Response to Original message
1. Maybe Fox Is Right

Is this really news? I mean, who cares about the sexual orientation of a former Republican party chair? :yawn:

anyway, most of us Liberals suspected it already, so it certainly isn't news to us that he's gay, although his "realizing" it is of mild interest.

dsc Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Aug-26-10 10:38 PM
Response to Reply #1
7. If we found out that Hitler's campaign manager was a Jew would it be news?Right. Like Republicans are out killing gay people.

And for the liberals out there: Just because you think that not agreeing that gays should be able to marry is the same as being killed doesn't make it so.

chollybocker (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-26-10 10:54 PM
Response to Reply #1
9. It's about Hypocrisy.

And the reactions to it speak volumes.
You're right...the reactions speak volumes. No talking about it, no outrage means we don't care if he is gay or not. Just like we don't care if liberals are gay or not.

Push it in our face, and demand that we allow marriage and access to tell our kids that it is "just another lifestyle" and to romanticize it for them and the answer is different.

baldguy Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-26-10 10:37 PM
6. Fox is covering it's ears and yelling "LA! LA! LA! LA! LA! LA! LA! LA! LA! LA! LA!" over and over.

And tells everyone who'll listen to do the same.

Carol
08-27-2010, 12:06 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x9023531

Here's another one.

KingFlorez (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-26-10 07:49 PM
1. To them, it never happened

Who is this Ken Mehlman person? They don't exist. /foxnews mode off

Junkdrawer Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-26-10 07:49 PM
2. Back in that closet Ken...back I say.... n/t

Edited on Thu Aug-26-10 07:50 PM by Junkdrawer

babylonsister Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Aug-26-10 07:50 PM
3. They don't talk about it, it never happened.

Rockntractor
08-27-2010, 12:13 AM
Right. Like Republicans are out killing gay people.
What is the bag limit right now, I hunt so seldom anymore.:confused:

Constitutionally Speaking
08-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Seriously, did this surprise anyone????

Listen up liberals - WE DON'T CARE - We didn't care then and we don't care now that it is in the open. Why is it news???

warpig
08-27-2010, 08:22 AM
Push it in our face, and demand that we allow marriage and access to tell our kids that it is "just another lifestyle" and to romanticize it for them and the answer is different.

Totally agree.

PoliCon
08-27-2010, 10:00 AM
People should have the right to know that he came out - that he intends to use his new status to lobby for an agenda - what ever that may be - but beyond that - I agree - who CARES?? It baffles me why some people make their identity out of their sexual attractions. Are their lives seriously that empty that the most important thing in it is their lust?? :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
08-27-2010, 10:10 AM
Private sexual issues shouldn't be aired in public.

Gingersnap
08-27-2010, 11:08 AM
I've said it before and I'll repeat it: gayness is now boring. It was never any different from promiscuity and general sexual vice and it still isn't except that it's much more tedious in the details.

The days when being gay was seen as being automatically edgy are over.

NJCardFan
08-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Shall we run the scorecard on actual real news stories ignored by the other networks that Fox ran or shall we just allow them to quit now?

PoliCon
08-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Shall we run the scorecard on actual real news stories ignored by the other networks that Fox ran or shall we just allow them to quit now?

:D I'd like to see the comparison list! :D