PDA

View Full Version : Friday thread (no fancy name)

linda22003
08-27-2010, 09:09 AM
A gorgeous day in Washington, only 64 degrees when I left for work this morning. It probably won't go much above 80 today.

TOTD: Whether you are/are not going to the Glenn Beck Lincoln Memorial rally tomorrow, what WOULD you attend there? What's the coolest gathering you can imagine there?

Rockntractor
08-27-2010, 09:38 AM
A gorgeous day in Washington, only 64 degrees when I left for work this morning. It probably won't go much above 80 today.

TOTD: Whether you are/are not going to the Glenn Beck Lincoln Memorial rally tomorrow, what WOULD you attend there? What's the coolest gathering you can imagine there?

If I lived there I would probably go from a sense of duty, I like Glenn but the gushy emotionalism is more than I can take some times.
Message wise I agree with Glenn fully.

Gingersnap
08-27-2010, 11:01 AM
Very nice day but in the low 90s. We should cool off shortly.

TOTD: I like Beck even though I seldom listen to him. His message is an important one on the constitution. I'd attend that rally, if I was there.

As far as the "coolest" event there.....I'm not sure any event involving thousands of people is ever really cool or comfortable to attend.

FlaGator
08-27-2010, 11:03 AM
Very nice day but in the low 90s. We should cool off shortly.

TOTD: I like Beck even though I seldom listen to him. His message is an important one on the constitution. I'd attend that rally, if I was there.

As far as the "coolest" event there.....I'm not sure any event involving thousands of people is ever really cool or comfortable to attend.

Eskimo Woodstock.

lacarnut
08-27-2010, 01:37 PM
We are having a cold wave in big B.R... low 90's today and high 80's for the next few days

TOTD: I like Beck and listen to him sometimes. I hate crowds so I would not go to the rally. I quit going to LSU football games and the New Orleans Jazz Festival years ago.

SaintLouieWoman
08-27-2010, 01:46 PM
It finally stopped raining. I thought we were going to need an ark. My basil plant from Whole Foods is on its way to becoming a tree.

TOTD: I'd want to participate in almost everything. We went to the Hannity Freedom Concert in Orlando 2 weeks ago. I was impressed by their respectful treatment of the military, their fundraising for scholarships for the children of slain or 100% disabled military, and their patriotic message.

Hannity is a showman as well as patriotic. Ditto Beck. I enjoy listening to Beck, but hope he's way off in his economic forecasts. I hope they draw a huge crowd to send a message to the White House and the dims in Congress. Beck frightens them because he's bright and digs in like a pit bull. He just won't let go. He's one of my heroes.

Kay
08-27-2010, 09:30 PM

Ditto. I guess maybe its a sign of old age creeping in, but I can't stand to even go watch a movie in a theater anymore. I do people from 8-5 because I have to, but after 5:00 I prefer to hibernate and only be around online people that I can turn on and off when I want to.

Gingersnap
08-27-2010, 09:40 PM
Ditto. I guess maybe its a sign of old age creeping in, but I can't stand to even go watch a movie in a theater anymore. I do people from 8-5 because I have to, but after 5:00 I prefer to hibernate and only be around online people that I can turn on and off when I want to.

I turn out for my local Tea Party stuff and my 9/12 group but I'm not wild about co-mingling with my fellow humans for sheer entertainment. We go to the early matinée for movies and the off-nights for opera, music, or whatever. We go early to the county fairs. About 2 or 3 hours of crowd compression is all I can stand.

Bubba Dawg
08-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Warm. Heat lightening going on now.

Rockntractor
08-27-2010, 10:23 PM
Warm. Heat lightening going on now.

Drinkin or just trippin?:confused:

Kay
08-27-2010, 10:25 PM
I turn out for my local Tea Party stuff and my 9/12 group

I used to be on boards and in groups all over the place, with a different meeting every night to go to - back in the day. I guess that's part of why I got so burned out on it.
Now I am still a member of several business groups (Board of Realtors, Republican Women's Club, etc) but all of the them meet at noon time for weekday lunch meetings. I quit volunteering to be on every committee. Now days, I show up and give my input and leave. At the office I work hard all day with a smile....but I'm old, grouchy and tired when I get home. :mad:

(can you tell it's been a long hard week and I'm sure glad it's Friday night)

RobJohnson
08-28-2010, 01:59 AM
TOTD: I do have fun out in public and with groups of people. But after a long week of work I also don't mind being anti-social and left alone.